Author Topic: Fundamental Psi: Masters of Transformation  (Read 19931 times)

February 04, 2007, 11:49:45 AM
Read 19931 times

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Fundamental Psi Coordinator
    • View Profile
Masters of Transformation

The powers of the psion are impressive indeed. Those that have been diligent in their practices of future selection may, by now, have seen some truly remarkable things. As one continues down the path, so long as one is persistent in their studies, I have found the things that will be seen to grow only more amazing.

But what is it all for?

Everyone begins their study of psionism for their own reason. I have heard everything from the desire to spar people psionically, to a wish to obtain powers necessary for heroism, to a simple yearning for a greater understanding of oneself and the universe. Now that you have progressed to this point, accomplished the feats that you have, it is time to reflect on your reasons for learning psi, and make some considerations for your path in the future.

Firstly, take note of the way what you have done so far has affected you. How has your practices with future selection changed the way you view yourself, others, and the world around you? Through the future selection technique, you have acquired the capability to define and redefine each of these things. How have your experiences changed your original ambitions?

Secondly, it is important to acknowledge the responsibility that comes with the practice of psi. Those successful with future selection will understand that transforming the world around you comes in large part by transforming the self, through your expectations. You must consider carefully each psionic act that you perform, because in your choice to act upon it, you are very literally defining yourself. Using psi out of malevolence will leave its mark upon your soul, and the effects of this can be far reaching. The same can be said of benevolent applications. Choose wisely.

Lastly, reflecting upon the previous two factors, it is important that you consider where you are going with your practices, and to reevaluate your goals with psi. Meditate through your soul on this matter, and try to come to a solid conclusion. You may confirm your original ambitions, or you may find new ones altogether. Whatever you find, choose carefully and wisely, and then in conjunction with your soul, forge a plan to make your dreams a reality.

Congratulations on having made it this far. Through an understanding of future selection, the dynamic psion is truly the master of transformation of all the world around him. I wish you well in your future endeavors in this art, and I hope for your continued devotion in the study of psi!

From here, the fundamental psi course will move into the domain of scanning, under the instruction of Shadowarrior13. Until then, be diligent in your studies!
Deus Ex Vir

February 04, 2007, 11:56:58 AM
Reply #1

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

February 04, 2007, 01:08:18 PM
Reply #2

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Public VMeta Lecture: Masters of Transformation

(+Gemini) Alright. This lecture is intended as a supplemental to the most recent fundamental psi lesson. The topic is passive psionism, its influence on the world, and directing it as well as can be done.
(+Gemini) Dynamic psi is unique amongst the psionic paradigms in that it describes psionic operations as actively taking control of a very natural, passive process. The soul is the root of our existance, and realizing it or not, everything we experience in our physical existance goes observed by it.
(+Gemini) Also knowingly or unknowingly, the soul will in turn have influence on those events. This is easily understood, in that we form opinions, expectations, and understandings of everything that we experience. As any practioner understands, these feelings can make their way to the soul, the root of our existance, in due time.
(+Gemini) The result is a reciprocal effect, subtle but discernable to the experienced eye. Those expectations that we make without realizing it about the way the world works and the people around us will have an effect. This is often mitigated by the fact that these expectations lack clarity or coherency. The degree to which this is the case depends dramatically on the individual, and I personally believe that it is the ones that have a tendency
(+Gemini) (If cut off: The degree to which this is the case depends dramatically on the individual, and I personally believe that it is the ones that have a tendency to form stronger expectations by nature also tend to be the so called 'natural psions'.)
(+Gemini) I am certain that each and every one of you must have observed this effect in action many times throughout your lives. Something minor that slips through your mind, barely with recognition, that soon manifests. It was many, many consistent experiences of exacly this sort that first opened my eyes to psionic practices, long before I discovered the OEC.
(+Gemini) There is an interesting effect that manifests in those that regularly practice psionism (or any art? Those who study another, please tell me): The frequency and regularity of these experiences increases dramatically, as the mind becomes more 'in tune' with the soul, it is only natural that the expectations of the former would become more focused in the latter.
(@Prophecy) I will vouch for that statement from the magic paradigm as well.
(+Gemini) This was something that at first I found to be problematic, as my thoughts were not yet sufficently in order that I would see them made manifest. It became necessary to not merely spend time and practice on affecting the world, but being in communion with the soul itself, in pursuit of a more focused philosophy and mental state.
(+Gemini) It seems an inevitable result of the nature of the soul that we are bound to influence the world in this fashion, regardless of our level of expertise. We will have an influence, like it or no. It seems thereby an imperative that we, as psions, both take responsibility for the effects even our most passive of beliefs can have, and take effort to define ourselves in a fashion that we truly find becoming.
(+Gemini) Every place, every thing, and every person we encounter is touched by us. We are in turn touched by the expectations of those around us. The clarity of the mind and soul is not only a necessity for the practice of psi. It is something that we require in order to achieve the good that we wish to see in the world.
(@Shadowarrior13) The link between the three planes of existance is vital in both psi and magic, and is necessary for progress.
(+Gemini) That was the primary purpose of the most recent lesson in the course. It is essential that one be cogent in their philosophies if they wish to continue in a stable fashion.
(+Gemini) And... that is the end, really. Sorry, it was not supposed to be long. :)
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

February 06, 2008, 08:20:42 AM
Reply #3

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Just out of pure curiosity;

Using psi out of malevolence will leave its mark upon your soul, and the effects of this can be far reaching. The same can be said of benevolent applications

What kind of far reaching effect can a malevolence act have compared to a benevolent one for the psion? How would this "mark on the soul" effect a person later in life according to psionism?

February 06, 2008, 12:43:40 PM
Reply #4

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Marking the soul destroys clarity. Naturally, the effects of psi become diminished. I will not labor to explain it, but this can have far reaching effects because psi is not a hobby but a fundamental view of the universe.

February 10, 2008, 09:26:28 PM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
What kind of far reaching effect can a malevolence act have compared to a benevolent one for the psion? How would this "mark on the soul" effect a person later in life according to psionism?

Let's say you use psi to hurt someone for the sake of revenge.  What this really means, is that you have used clear intent to hurt someone using the full focus of the core of your being.  It means that to do this, you essentially ARE the harm you are doing.  First the violent negativity of the act is inside of you, and then it is reflected on the outside world.  This process changes you, because you have altered yourself to do it and by doing it.

On the other hand, using psi to help others can be quite uplifting for exactly the same reason.  To help others, first the positive nature of the act is inside of you, and then it is reflected on the outside world.

This is not simply philosophy, but is an intrinsic consequence of the process by which psi operates.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

March 20, 2008, 04:40:54 AM
Reply #6

Redefine

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
so what effect does this have on morality.

for example, if two people have two different conceptions of morality, and they both do the same deed, but due to their different moral systems, one thinks the deed is moral, and the other one dosent. so does this mean the same deed can effect different people in different ways, even though the change to the soul and the outcome is essentially the same?
On a concrete road to recovery
cause I'm knocking over every cone
in front of me.

November 21, 2015, 09:11:43 AM
Reply #7

Magari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Only Constant is Change
    • View Profile
    • Modo Magi
Does psionics consider possible stages of transformation?

November 21, 2015, 05:32:37 PM
Reply #8

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
Does psionics consider possible stages of transformation?

Could you expand on this a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)