Author Topic: Fundamental Psi: Future Selection  (Read 31043 times)

January 21, 2007, 11:56:03 AM
Read 31043 times

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Fundamental Psi Coordinator
    • View Profile
On Future Selection

Future selection is, in essence, the art of change in the world. It is a concept that appears to be, amongst all the psionic paradigms, unique to dynamic psi. Where kinesis is the specialized application of causing direct, often breathtaking transformations, future selection is also capable of effects far broader and more subtle. The possibilities that lie within it range from healing to manipulation of the outcomes of politics. A student diligent at their study of future selection has at their disposal to alter reality in nearly any way conceivable.

Why is this technique called “future selection”? The future exists in an indefinite state, as it has not yet been observed. Through the technique, one is essentially defining the state of things that will actually be in at that point in time. This can range from a specific declaration that the book will simply move from one end of the table to the other in the space of a second, to a declaration that the person you have your eyes on will be at the coffee shop down the street this afternoon. In the latter case, the only thing that you have determined is the end result. This future will then be the one that occurs, and it seems that the powers that be will fill in the getting from point A to point B. Interestingly enough, future selection can operate on the past as well, albeit in a limited fashion. This topic may be covered later if there is an interest in it demonstrated.

How is it done? The performance of future selection is no different than that of the kinesis you have performed on the candle flame. Through a clear and vivid expectation of the soul, the intent manifests. There are things that can be done to assist this process, such as through direct energetic manipulation, but these will be covered in later lessons. Clearly, it is essential that you make sure that you are able to capably manipulate the candle flame before proceeding!

One thing to take note of is that the exact choice of intent to use is very important. Those who have done well at the candle manipulation exercise will understand that the most effective intent is a very natural expectation. However, when dealing with something like healing for example, it is easy to create a subtle expectation of the disease as a force that must be overpowered or overcome. Take care to avoid creating such subtle influences in your intent, focus only upon the objective that is desired to be achieved. Try to keep your intents as simple as possible. Don’t try and micromanage the way an application will manifest if simply stating the goal will suffice.

The primary limitations on the changes one can cause through future selection are self-imposed restraints on expectation. As almost anyone who has succeeded at the candle manipulation exercise can attest to, learning to set aside one’s natural expectations about the world in order to truly create a clear intent to change it is no easy task! While future selection is a highly versatile technique, do not mistake its flexibility for ease. Remember, as you begin practice in this, start small and work your way upwards. It can also be easier for most people to start with selections that can appear “coincidental”, and move slowly into things that are more and more blatant.

The following are some examples of areas to which you might apply future selection in order to practice and attain greater mastery. Pick one that is suited to you, or come up with your own ideas, and get going!:

Continuing candle manipulation: The next objective on this route is to try and extinguish the candle flame. This is most easily accomplished by gradually making the flame shorter and smaller, until the point that it vanishes completely (note that some people have difficulty forming this expectation, hence its movement from Comprehensive Psi I to Psi II). Once this skill is mastered, it is possible to move on to relighting the candle. This can be done by performing a reversal of the above process after it has already been extinguished, allowing the flame to “grow” once again, until it returns to its normal state. With time and practice, you can increase the interval between extinguishing and relighting more and more. Kobok asserts that it is eventually possible to light the candle without having had it lit and extinguished in the first place, though I do not know of any students that have remained interested in this area long enough to also reach this point. Perhaps you will be the first. :)

Kineting other Objects: Performing kinesis on any other object is possible. One can start by attempting to move small, easily rollable objects such as pens and pencils, and proceed gradually to more advanced tricks such as opening doors. XIII is the king of this realm, if you have any questions or ideas you’d like to try, be sure to look him up.

Statistical Kinesis: This one is more subtle than the previous ones. Take a die of any size, and select a future where a specific value comes up. Repeat this process, and use the immediate feedback given by the result of a die throw to your advantage. Attempt to gain a persistent awareness of the soul that you recognize as being behind the successful throws, and attempt to duplicate it. With practice, your title as a Dice Saint will be guaranteed. When I studied this application, I got very remarkable results, and if you’re clever this is one area with some very interesting real life applications. You are not limited to dice; cards or other systems with degrees of unpredictability can work as well.

Healing: This can be a tricky area, but obviously one that can be very rewarding. To begin with, it is important that you practice in the right circumstances. Remember the discussion above about not accidentally forming an expectation of resistance? This becomes significantly harder when you are already sick and suffering. Instead, focus your attempts on healing others, or yourself at the very beginning stages of illness. Begin by trying to aid the natural healing process, using expectations of speedy recovery. With time, you can decrease the length of that healing process, until it can sometimes be managed nearly instantaneously. I’ve had some measure of success even with more serious ailments, but there is a definite degree of natural expectation of difficulty in dealing with those. What is important to keep in mind, though, is that that expectation of difficulty is all in ones head – with time and experience, this lesson can be brought to heart.

The possibilities with future selection are nearly infinite. You are not limited to the above choices, you may instead pursue any possibilities that you like. Whatever you do, practice, and forge a bright future with your talents. Feel free to post any thoughts or questions you may have, and to share the results of your experience. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:17:13 PM by Frozen »
Deus Ex Vir

January 21, 2007, 12:59:04 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Nicely written, Gemini.  :)  You dive right into the theory, and give a wide variety of example applications for it.  I encourage people to comment or ask questions if anything is unclear.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 21, 2007, 02:33:07 PM
Reply #2

aether11

• Settling In

• View Profile
Ah, so Future Selection could be more or less a form of programing?

EDIT: By the way, nice article.

January 22, 2007, 03:07:54 PM
Reply #3

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Future selection would be a way to choose that the programming happen on its own. It's more changing the course of events about to happen, thus the name.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

January 22, 2007, 04:58:33 PM
Reply #4

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
For the healing one specifically, I figured I should throw something else in. Kobok has mentioned the idea before so it's nothing new and it's not purely from my own mind, and it actually does apply to the other uses as well.

Don't just focus on "healing" the person, where you're trying to "correct" the problem and change their body back to what it used to be. This is the stage that often produces the psychological expectation of a hurtle to be overcome. Instead focus on the person being already healthy, focus on increasing that already existing health, imbuing their entire being with a complete sense of health. Don't even think about the illness, just think about the person being healthier than they are now as though they aren't even sick to begin with. Focus on their body being clean and clear, their energy being pure, and their mental state being calm and positive.

If they are imbued with health then they obviously cannot be sick, so the intention will naturally remove the sickness in order to meet the intention without the practitioner even having to think about the illness :)

If it is difficult to do without thinking of the illness, then split the intention into two aspects in your mind; 1) the intention to remove the illness, 2) the intention for the person to become being healthy and becoming healthier. Then just cut off the first aspect and think about only the second :)

~Steve
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:01:56 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 22, 2007, 07:51:58 PM
Reply #5

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
I suppose there is a lot of room for doubt when using future selection for minor things. They can be passed off as coincidence. But after talking about them, and thinking enough on some of my own experiences, I can't deny them. One of the most important things for people to remember, is that doubt can cloud some of the most enlightening moments of our lives. Solid acts of everything from telepathy to kinesis can be waved off as crazy or coincidental. Your own abilities can pass by you, so keep one eye open wide and clear.

Just as an example of the other uses of future selection, I'm going to talk about my brother for a minute. I loaned my brother five dollars. He paid me four and absolutely denied that I had given him a dollar more. Angry over the dollar, it was the principle of the thing, I got onto the bus and fumed the whole way. After the buses let us off to go into the school, something on the ground caught my eye. Despite the fact that over six hundred students had already gone inside and walked past that very spot, I found a dollar. Coincidence? I surely thought so. The universe refunded my lost dollar! I even laughed about it with my friends, thinking it was a funny turn of luck. Was it?

My point is that just because a small part of you is filled with doubt, doesn't mean you're wrong. I'm not going to say that coincidences don't happen, because I believe that sometimes they do. Don't underestimate the power of your own self-confidence, and don't underestimate yourself. You can read this article and think that it is definitely too advanced and difficult for you. You will never know until you try it. And imagine what could happen when you do.

* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

March 08, 2007, 09:26:36 PM
Reply #6

sargon

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Nice article. I use this technique often, haven't gotten to put out a candle flame though.

Quote from:
Future selection is, in essence, the art of change in the world. It is a concept that appears to be, amongst all the psionic paradigms, unique to dynamic psi.

Would you say "Remote Influencing" is essentially the same thing? RI is generally used for manifesting material wealth or desired states of being. I think the reasons why future selection and remote influencing work are the same.

P.s. Can you really open doors? I've tried it a few times on locked doors when I lost my keys, but to no avail.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 09:59:02 PM by sargon »

April 01, 2007, 03:24:26 AM
Reply #7

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Would it be possible to alter a persons thinking using future selection, let say that somebody you know has a habit of drinking to much, way to much. Could you then for example alter his way of thinking about this topic so that he drinks less?

April 01, 2007, 11:17:12 AM
Reply #8

Archaic

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    OS Brotherhood
    • View Profile
Yes, you merely decide the outcome. The means for time to unravel into the outcome may vary. You have to have a specific, well-formed intent, however.
Here, I offer you the way...  What? You don't see it? ... No Mind and you may enter...

Do you see it?

- Chris

April 01, 2007, 06:12:05 PM
Reply #9

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Well, thats a bit of a tricky subject, actually.

In general, it is very difficult to alter people's behaviors for an extended period. This is because they, like you, possess a soul, and that soul also exerts an influence, whether they realize it or not. Part of that influence includes the expectation of their own nature. This is something that is enforced constantly. As it does not seem to be really feasible to directly alter the soul (and this is perhaps fortunate), you cannot change that nature, and it will eventually override any change you attempt to make.

It seems possible to alter people's behaviors temporarily, even to a radical degree. But to change something like drinking is a different matter, and difficult to make it go away permenantly. A better, wiser strategy is to help people grow and develop the nature of their soul. This can include helping them to discover what drives them to drinking, and addressing those problems, rather than trying to force growth upon them. *That* is a choice they themselves must make.
Deus Ex Vir

April 01, 2007, 10:25:44 PM
Reply #10

Archaic

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    OS Brotherhood
    • View Profile
A better, wiser strategy is to help people grow and develop the nature of their soul. This can include helping them to discover what drives them to drinking, and addressing those problems, rather than trying to force growth upon them. *That* is a choice they themselves must make.

We cannot overlook the nature of future selection, however. By future selecting, the above quote is one means by which the desired outcome is achieved, whether the selector or another person is the one who gives this person personal aid. Also, while the soul may not be as easy to influence as other things in this world, one could affect the chemical and perhaps emotional addiction in the brain that drives the person to the addiction. All of these things combined could bring about the desired result. Future selection, in my opinion, would definitely work in this case. Another, perhaps extreme, argument is that the ability of future selection should never be doubted by the selector, and if alcohol has to be banned for the outcome to be achieved, then alcohol will be banned.
Here, I offer you the way...  What? You don't see it? ... No Mind and you may enter...

Do you see it?

- Chris

April 02, 2007, 07:04:32 AM
Reply #11

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It is true that your own intervention can become the method through which the selection manifests. However, unless you are able to absolve the weaknesses in the soul itself, the problem will return, though perhaps in a different fashion. You are in essence still only treating the symptoms, not the problem itself. The only way that the soul will change is by willful desire on the the part of that soul itself.

The soul itself does seem outside the range of future selection without the will to permit its operation. This actually came as a surprise to me as well, as my initial expectation was similar to yours. The realization came to me during a slightly more advanced exercise in Psi II known as "Optimal Meditation", which could be understood as future selection of the self. In this technique, a group of characteristics that one wishes to assume is applied in similar fashion. What I found greatly puzzling is that some of these characteristics did not manifest, while others did, all to a superlative degree. The failed attributes might appear for a short time, but were diminutive in intensity by comparison. It did not seem likely that the problem was in my application of the technique, as all desired objectives are treated holistically. It was with much experimenting and consulting with others that I finally came to the realization that this was due to the fact that as a soul I was not truly willing to embrace the changes I was attempting to force. Those that did work, however, I did discern I was much more willing to embrace.

Prior to my studies of dynamic psi, I utilized telepathic suggestion extensively under my own paradigm. My experiences there I now realize correlated in the same fashion as future selection. It was possible to alter people's behaviors and personalities to extraordinary degrees, but I could not figure out why I could not make the changes permanent.

If you have experience to the contrary, do share. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:07:06 AM by Gemini »
Deus Ex Vir

April 02, 2007, 10:11:23 AM
Reply #12

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I apologize, that was Archaic posting on my behalf. I was not able to log in due to lack of direct access to a computer. Thus, I am familiar with the exercise that you speak of, and I do agree, the soul, and for good reason, is quite different than anything else you might come across. For me, however, the exercise went a bit differently. Every attribute that I attempted to instill within my character was successfully formed, except one (for the same reason that you suffered as well), but I found myself unable to even form the desire to do so for a characteristic that I was currently unable to embrace. Dynamic Psi truly makes you ponder things philosophically and spiritually.

You make good points, and I believe that our discussion has benefited the reader. Whether I still hold to my original belief, I am unsure, because the mechanism for the future selection can still include a treatment of the problem itself by personal intervention (whether it is done by the selector or another). I do have various experiences that I am not willing to share and know people with various experiences that I am not willing to share either, how I interpret these experiences, however, I have not yet decided; thus, their mentioning is irrelevant anyway. I apologize.

I suppose I'm answering you without choosing a side, because I am left undecided. :headwall: Perhaps the take-home message is to try this yourself, but the key is always to have faith in what you're doing. If you (you meaning anyone in particular) can honestly say that, with adequate skill and complete faith, the selection did not work, then the selection, in this particular case, does not work. The problem then lies in the situation following: Perhaps you then proceed to help the person through their problem, and they then overcome their drinking addiction. Did the selection then work?! Perhaps it worked completely through a variety of mechanisms: Spurring you to action; disallowing the addict, on occasion, to be able to acquire the particular addiction; lessening the chemical addiction; etc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:21:01 AM by Hech »

April 05, 2007, 12:19:56 PM
Reply #13

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I think that's an excellent article, and to all input thus far in here "excellent".  Personally, though sometimes I find that there are other forces at work.  Soul searching, I believe is the key to anyones success in any undertaking that they may want to do.  I've sensed all too many times people take on way too much at once, and find that stress can win.  Stress can be ones own frustration, stress from others cruel intentions.  I think everyone needs to release themselves from whatever it is they're trying way to hard to do.  Also, I beleive that weekness can also be ones friend.  When I've "let it go", I find the very things I'm trying to do always sneaks up on me at the least possible moment. Coincidence?  I beleive that if sometihing is way to coincidal  than there is something else at work there.  Also beleive as people get older their mnds grow with us.  I believe in always stimulating your neurons to keep your mind healthy.  I'm new to a site like this one, but ancient when it comes to common "sense".  In my life letting go sometimes comes back to haunt.  Seize the ghost that haunts you, and find out why its haunting, only then will one find that selecting ones future can be very easy.  That's what I think.( so far ) . I'm looking forward to reading more on this and other topics as they come up.  The mind is a wonderful thing, use caution when trying to make it prettier!

August 23, 2007, 09:28:59 AM
Reply #14

whizkid

• View Profile
hei I have a question I didn't understend the thing with Statistical Kinesis :confused: