Author Topic: Experiences with Magical Warfare  (Read 41901 times)

September 11, 2010, 05:02:54 PM
Reply #30

Svatejasaa

• Veritas Teacher
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
nami: Try private messaging Prophecy. I doubt he'll see this post.

January 24, 2011, 04:08:25 AM
Reply #31

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
So there is a way how to seal black magician's power? That's quite interesting :). Could that method (or some similar one) be abused by black magician against the white magician? Or is it some kind of karmic attack? Also could some other method (like creating a sigil) be used for this purpose? Also wouldn't it be better to do the binding spell before the fever as you had heard that he is a black magician in advance?

January 24, 2011, 04:18:32 AM
Reply #32

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Eh, Bubba, are you saying that you are leeching energy off someone when needed?

January 24, 2011, 04:30:14 AM
Reply #33

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
So that's how you do it :). I originally thought that you are focusing on heart to slow down...

January 24, 2011, 04:39:00 AM
Reply #34

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I know you don't do it often :D. That part about killing is not too clear as both slowing heart and draining energy can cause that. Also... sleepy person can make a car crash, fall from window, whatever. This is quite sensitive topic.

January 24, 2011, 04:52:37 AM
Reply #35

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Well, I guess that karma could not be transmitted to an article writer. I guess more responsible would be a teacher that would do it on purpose like in case of black magicians. Also if there was a part stating dangers of such operations I guess you would be ok :).

January 24, 2011, 05:01:39 AM
Reply #36

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Well, I think that any type of teaching can be misused, that depends purely on the person than anything else. As in case of your student, it would be bad if you have taught him to use it in this way, else it had nothing to do with you, it was his problem. I guess there could be done some kind of a pact between teacher and student that would seal away student's powers when abused.

May 15, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
Reply #37

sora

• View Profile
Are black magicians bad? I was told my past life was a black magician.

May 15, 2011, 04:41:48 PM
Reply #38

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
Are people who ruin the lives of other people with magick for personal gain or sadistic enjoyment bad people?

I was under the impression that they were exemplary role models.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

May 16, 2011, 06:50:40 AM
Reply #39

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
People are whomever they are, and everybody usually has a different story. It's hard to blanket judge, but that does tend to be the case. Still, it's bad practice to jump to conclusions without really thinking them out.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

May 16, 2011, 07:51:06 AM
Reply #40

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Are people who ruin the lives of other people with magick for personal gain or sadistic enjoyment bad people?

In my paradigm, black Magician is considered as someone who uses Magick for personal gain and white Magician uses it for the public good and for spiritual development. I guess it depends a lot on one's paradigm :)

May 16, 2011, 08:02:16 PM
Reply #41

Emerald Mushroom

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Mom.
    • View Profile

I for one find that the target in question is the real defining part of what your doing. if they are a bastard then the gloves are off.
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.

May 31, 2011, 08:47:34 PM
Reply #42

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
depends on your perspective.
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

July 01, 2011, 09:35:00 AM
Reply #43

Aspices

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have a question that has been nagging at me for a bit: in this article, Prophecy mentions that a string of bad luck interpreted as a attack may be a karmic repussion:
"
 Having a perfectly normal karmic repercussion becomes a “suspicious string of bad luck.”  Losing a little sleep over the nervous tension that the individual has now worked himself up into becomes “being drained of vital power by an entity.”  In essence, ketchup becomes blood.  "

In his article "Introduction to Magic"(http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,4812.0.html), he says of the wiccan threefold law; which, as far as I know, is analogous to karma, the following:
"

The Three-fold Law
   The Three-fold law(or Law of Three) essentially proclaims “what goes around, comes around.”  While its principles can be seen as fairly true in daily life(for example, you punch someone in the face, and he hits you in the face back), it does not automatically apply to magic, and the magician is not subjective to its results unless he makes himself so.

The only way for the Law of Three to affect the magician is for him to accept this law as true.  At that point, what happens is not some universal force which watches you and makes sure to deliver its wrath at three times your actions’, but instead a simple change in the psychological interpretation of why things happen on the magician’s behalf.  You may drop a weight on your toe next Monday.  I can assure you that it would not be the result of making fun of someone you know today.   However, the magician who has mentally accepted the threefold law will believe that the name-calling and the weight dropping are directly related to one another.  This belief does not make it universally true, but instead only exists as a truth of perception within the mindset of the adherer. 

Ultimately, if you believe in the threefold law, you limit yourself to its ethics and boundaries.  If that is all well to you, then do so, as none can stop you.  Simply know that in acceptance you have chosen obedience.
"
Could someone help explain the apparent discrepancy?

July 01, 2011, 11:22:51 AM
Reply #44

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The "three fold law" is a quick gimmick meant along the same lines at telling children that the boogie monster will get them if they do something bad. It's to scare people into not doing bad things under the assumption that if they do, then "three times" that amount of badness will come directly back at them.

Karma is a much broader and more complex idea, as it is found in different incarnations among different major religions and different major ideological groups. Basic karma is seen as "for every action, there is a reaction" and does not necessarily equate to "if you do bad, then bad will come back to you" but can be as simple as understanding that if you turn on the oven then the inside of the oven is going to get hot, or if you punch someone then they're probably not going to like you and may even punch you back. Higher concepts of karma involve how your actions affect your own soul, and thus "karmic retribution" is more like "you have disgusting qualities that cannot live alongside the great qualities you have, and so there are going to be problems in your life as those qualities struggle against one another to influence your behavior", or karmic retribution is oftentimes likened to the universe itself not liking things you've done but I generally don't like this interpretation because that would necessitate that REALLY bad people should be punished a hell of a lot more and they're not.

Well, that's my two cents in ten minutes, anyway.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?