Author Topic: My Problem  (Read 2183 times)

January 02, 2007, 02:47:07 AM
Read 2183 times

• View Profile
Alrighty, here goes nothing. I'm going to tell my story of how I first dabbled in psionics, and I would like to know if meditating would help me to "open my mind".

I first learned how to use "psionics" (I'm not sure whether this is the correct term for what I'm about to explain) when I first tried ritalin. Ritalin supposedly "opens your mind" so maybe that's what triggered it. I was able to "tune into my friends" energy, we'd put our hands together and I could feel the "frequency" of our energy. We tuned quite a bit. Then I learned how to impose force onto a frequency of something elses energy, do you know what I mean? My mind would just think + or - and I don't know whether that would mean giving or receiving energy to that frequency. I also learned how to drain peoples "soul energy", I would hold my hands up and I was able to mentally force energy from them into me, It felt sort of weird, sort of like a strange wind emanating from them into me. Later on that day I encountered a very strong psychic. Me and him mentally battled for a while and he informed me of me being a "leech". I tried my little drain trick on him and I could sense his fear. He said he felt like he was unable to breath.

After that day, I was not able to use psionics (to my knowledge) until I consumed an orange star ecstacy tablet. (please don't look down on me for drug use.) It felt like my pyschic powers were completely rejuvenated and I was very strong until I came down. This time I actually learned an ability that I call "In the brain", It's weird. I would concentrate on entering my friends head, and I could sense (and see, in my mind) myself tunneling in there, and I could sense (and see) myself when I was in there, and I could send him pictures and messages and stuff. I learned the ability is actually called Telempathy. Awesome.

Enough of my little stories, I'm going to get to the point. The only time I am able to use psionics with any actual power is when I'm on any sort of strong stimulant. When I'm sober I just don't have enough concentration and my mind is not as "open" as it would be (I can't really sense the direction of my energy if you know what I mean). I want to know how I can strengthen my psionic abilities when sober. Would meditating help? I don't really have the concentration required for meditation, but if it would help, I may be able to bring myself to try.

Does anybody here have the same problem? I just need to know how to fix it. I feel.. clogged.. without my energy. It makes me sad. :(

January 02, 2007, 08:29:37 AM
Reply #1

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
http://vsociety.net/wiki/Psi_articles Psi Articles. Read them. Do them.

http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/8658.0 Beginning Daoist Qigong by Koujiryuu. Also read this and do it, as energy work is energy work regardless of what you call it and it will help you out.
http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/4858.0 Daily Magical Practices by Prophecy. If you're up to more practice, and if what you say is true then this should be welcome to you, then read this article as well and do what you can out of it.

And finally, if you really want to jump full force into daily practices which can strengthen your mind and develop your abilities, find Initiation into Hermetics and jump to the exercises area where you shall begin the practice of the first set of practices (the basic exercises given in IIH are universal to everyone wanting to develop themselves, not just for the magician). After starting the first set of practices, go back to the beginning and read what Franz Bardon has to say so that later exercises will make sense as you read them and try to do them. Click here for a pdf version of a good-enough translation of Bardon's book. According to some people I've talked to there is another translation out there which is more recent and which conforms to the English language better so pick that up if you want, but at least this one is free and handy :)

Good luck in your pursuits, and welcome to Veritas :)

~Steven
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 02, 2007, 09:41:05 AM
Reply #2

zaigon

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    I have been crushed, nothing left to do but rise
    • View Profile
Meditation should help. Just read all of that that Steve put down, but don't try to do too much at once, and don't expect to have the same results right away. Meditation will definatly help with the whole concentration issue. If you want my opinion, go to the Veritas homepage (Not the forums) go to the Psi links, and follow those in order. If you do not want to do something (Like Psiball or Psiwheel) then skip it, but i think it will help you control your energy better. I'd help ya more, but my limited knowledge is stuck to Psi alone, so there may be some other articles in the Chi or Magik sections that will help you out, just look around.
V|e|r|i|t|a|s my antidrug

January 02, 2007, 04:46:41 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
First, you should probably keep yourself clean so that your mind can be less clogged in the future.  Second, you should view an inner focus as something which must be trained and exercised.  Try this applet, and go through the articles suggested above.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 17, 2007, 11:23:36 AM
Reply #4

Lepreykan

• View Profile
Kobok is right,... when using various types of assistance to achieve either certain relation states for meditation, OOBE, or even psionics you need to be careful. For the OOBE part of it just because the substances will drag you down onto lower planes, and if not careful could attract some unwanted attention from whatever's there (in other words a good chance of possession). As for the psionics, if you learn to use psi while using assistance there's a strong chance you may not be able to control it when the substance isn't there. And trust me,... you don't want that.
"The Absense of Evidence is NOT the Evidence of Absense"

January 18, 2007, 10:06:02 AM
Reply #5

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Many believe that the physical plane is the lowest sphere....
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

January 18, 2007, 03:09:10 PM
Reply #6

Mister_Willow

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
drugs are used in certain cultures as an aid to meditation and energy work. But if you want to do it without drugs then just DO THE WORK. You dont have the discipline to meditate? work on it.
now when i say the cultures use drugs i mean they use hallucinogens. stimulants that "open your mind" are often causing a hallucination, or a delusion of granduer. I dont believe in this "strong psychic" story of yours as if he was a "strong psychic" and you were "dabbling" then you wouldve been wiped in a second...plus he wouldnt have wasted his time with you.
My third issue is that you are being extremely invasive. Not only trying to take AND impose will on peopels energy but also the mind.
What you're doing is attacking the 2 physical temples of the soul.....that is wrong. I know another who can do these things and we have agreed that such abilities do not have a "highest good" benefit..you dont NEED to drain peoples energy theres an infinite supply all around you. As for sending and recieving images fair enough, but be SURE to get permission otherwise this is (by definition) a form of psychic attack.
Drugs can grant you that sense of increased power, to a degree there is a truth but more often than not there is no benefit and most of what you are "doing" under influence you only THINK you are doing.
"Show me one point on the universe, and i shall move the earth" - Archimedes