Author Topic: Fundamental Dynamic Psi for the Beginning Practicioner  (Read 51193 times)

October 17, 2007, 02:04:09 PM
Reply #30

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
i believe that the younger the psion begins with his/her training, the better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

October 17, 2007, 02:04:48 PM
Reply #31

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I do not agree with Oriens. I believe that meditation can be begun at a very young age, and this would be a very positive thing. At a later age, when more rigorous work is then undertaken, particularly magic, the person will be more well equipped.

October 17, 2007, 02:39:54 PM
Reply #32

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I do not agree with Oriens. I believe that meditation can be begun at a very young age, and this would be a very positive thing. At a later age, when more rigorous work is then undertaken, particularly magic, the person will be more well equipped.

Well, in Oriens' defense, he -did- say that, presumably, most basic psi functions were definitely possible for a child. But that essentially makes his long, drawn-out, middle aged grimore, armchair study-riddled agreement, which is shrouded by flowered words of disagreement, completely unnecessary and redundant, doesn't it? Huh. Who would have thought? ;)

Anyway: No, you, as a 14 year old, are not too young to study psi. Any one with reasonably good judgment and intelligence can. Have fun with the articles.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:42:27 PM by `Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

October 17, 2007, 02:47:57 PM
Reply #33

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
In my opinion, maturity is indeed an important part of any sort of study or practice, but this does not mean you can't learn it along the way. I'm sure that the younger you go into a study such as psionics, you would likely be more irrational. That's apparent with some new members. Though, irrationality can be greatly due to a lack of experience.

If we are burned by fire, we learn not to touch it. Similarly, if we come into a practice not being familiar with it, we learn the dos and don'ts eventually. I don't think age should ever be something one accepts as a boundary, knowledge comes to everyone at different times. To say you should or shouldn't try to learn something because you are mentally young is an ignorant approach that would leave people in the dust. Simply, if you don't have the experience to be able to learn higher level information, you will realize this at some point and return to where you belong.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

October 18, 2007, 10:08:02 AM
Reply #34

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile
First thank you for your replies, it really helped me, its good to know that i may be able to do it..i already started training in Focus meditation...i have been doing void meditation for a while so it is wear but i think i can do it... maybe my kinetics and other psi will not be very powerfull, but i just hope they will be, and if they will i will take care to get it at a higher level.
Any one with reasonably good judgment and intelligence can. Have fun with the articles.

If i am young it does not mean i am not intelligent, nor that i have a bat judgment so i should be able to do it, don't i?

Quote from: TakeV
No one is "too young" for psi. The only thing that determinds your success is your dedication and if you follow the exercises properly.

I disagree.  Physically, age doesn't matter on its own except for social reasons.  However, the mind and other bodies are tied to the aging process of the body.  For this reason, people at the age of, say, 14-21 in most cases do not have the mental and spiritual (spiritual used loosely to mean non-physical bodies) maturity to undertake work on a serious and abstract level (i.e. working with a system which relies on something non-physical, not recognized by science and ridiculed by most people).  For this reason, the grand majority of people who practice psi either corrupt themselves more than they started out or eventually turn to some kind of spiritual path.

Frostlock,

You being 14 gives you a very real barrier to progress.  Sheer maturity is, as I hinted earlier, the single more important factor in trying to start out on a psionic/magic path.  Also, I recommend you not attempt to share your metaphysical knowledge with other people as physical age usually evokes a dismissive attitude in other people; at least not until you can prove what you say logically or prove it physically.  For the former, I recommend you study philosophy and some sort of spirituality seriously, as reading texts of a serious and lofty nature tend to exponentially increase understanding and maturity on all levels.

Good luck in your practice.

First, thank you for your recommendations, and good luck to you too.
Maybe it is a barrier, but i do not think it is very much for me, because i consider myself a open-minded person. I do belive in psi, magic and chi, and that is not because i watched cartoons. Even it is small, i do not share my knowledge with people that can't understand it simply because they would just laugh and say i am nuts. Even if i will be able to prove it some day, i still wouldn't show them because they will think i am a freak. I would probably only share with my very very best friends, and my girlfriend.

I know my name sounds stupid but i am using frost related words since i was a kid and i have no reason to change it.

I have a question if u wish to answer me... I made a psiwheel and tried to move it. It didn't..it was first time. Does that mean i can not do it?

October 18, 2007, 11:25:16 AM
Reply #35

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile

If i am young it does not mean i am not intelligent, nor that i have a bat judgment so i should be able to do it, don't i?
you can do this at any age, nothing should be in your way since your younger, you have less mental blocks and conflictingbeliefs than the average adult.^_^
First, thank you for your recommendations, and good luck to you too.
Maybe it is a barrier, but i do not think it is very much for me, because i consider myself a open-minded person. I do belive in psi, magic and chi, and that is not because i watched cartoons. Even it is small, i do not share my knowledge with people that can't understand it simply because they would just laugh and say i am nuts. Even if i will be able to prove it some day, i still wouldn't show them because they will think i am a freak. I would probably only share with my very very best friends, and my girlfriend.

I know my name sounds stupid but i am using frost related words since i was a kid and i have no reason to change it.

I have a question if u wish to answer me... I made a psiwheel and tried to move it. It didn't..it was first time. Does that mean i can not do it?
i disagree with oriens, i began when i was ten and in a few months i was moving psiwheels, age is not a fator, as you get older you power doesnt weaken, only your physical body.

Your name isnt stupid, it unique.^_^

It would be amasing if you did, nobody ever gets telekinesis the first time trying it, unless they are natural psychics.
My youtube channel

October 18, 2007, 11:25:43 AM
Reply #36

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
They have the saying "if at first you don't succeed, try try again." for a reason. ;)

It's not common for a person to move a psi wheel on their first try. It requires a good amount of focus and application of ability, you'll get it over time.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

October 18, 2007, 11:42:28 AM
Reply #37

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
im working with a covered psiwheel right now, but it has taken me over a month to gain the least bit of control that i have. the only reason i stopped years ago is because i got bored with it, please, dont let that happen to you, if you practice daily you will see the fruits of your endeavors. My point is to just hang in there, your power will come with training and time, take heed of the  articles and if you have a question that isnt answered by the articles, post it up in the psionics forum, we are always more than happy to help you out. ^_^
This is coming from somebody who has seen and expirienced the possibility of the of the realm of psionics, please dont give up if you are having trouble in the beginning, that is the reason most people quit psionics, they go on a TK binge for a month and then they get frustrated and quit, i dont want that to happen to you. :(
And once you got it, if people badger you for proof, say "screw off, im not obligated to prove anything to you.", after all you know you can, if they cant, thats their problem. :wink:
My youtube channel

October 20, 2007, 04:43:05 AM
Reply #38

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile
U know...i gave up many things because of stupid things...im not going to give this up because i lost too many thing with giving up...and i just love this..but after i focus 30 mins on something (i use my focus from time to time but i do my best) and try as much as posible to move it (it still doesn't move) i get such a hard headache...but i just go rest for 30 mins and im back trying to do it again...and im trying to play less World of Warcraft :D

October 20, 2007, 07:06:22 AM
Reply #39

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
If you're getting a headache it's likely that you are straining the muscles in your head. When you're doing this there should be no muscular strain at all, the idea is to remain relaxed. Mental focus doesn't require flexing ;)

October 20, 2007, 07:13:34 AM
Reply #40

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile
Ty for the tips..yeah i do strain a little bit :D

October 20, 2007, 08:53:18 AM
Reply #41

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: supadude
i disagree with oriens, i began when i was ten and in a few months i was moving psiwheels, age is not a fator, as you get older you power doesnt weaken, only your physical body.

This isn't what I meant by age barrier.  Most people under the age of 18 have an age barrier due to their mental maturity.  Mental maturity statistically comes with (or at least is somewhat parallel to in most cases) physical age.  It doesn't mean that you don't have the capability, it means that most people at Frsotlock's age don't have the mental maturity to work with psi.  If you began at 10 it just means that you're an anomaly to that statistical analysis, nothing more.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:40:17 PM by Oriens Lvx Lucis »

October 20, 2007, 10:22:37 AM
Reply #42

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile
I consider myself enough mature to study and learn psi and other things that usualy kids like me can not :D i already did that many times

October 21, 2007, 10:28:10 AM
Reply #43

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile

October 21, 2007, 01:23:55 PM
Reply #44

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Classes aren't running currently, if they do start there will be announcements and you can refer to the classes section of the forum.