Author Topic: Fundamental Dynamic Psi for the Beginning Practitioner  (Read 97816 times)

May 30, 2010, 06:04:04 PM
Reply #45

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
In the non-public lessons, focal meditation was done for about 2 weeks before the next lesson.

Time is not a very good measurement, though.

The later lessons require you to have 'found your soul' - so you don't move on until you've done that. It could happen quickly, or it could take a while. Development is different for each person. And of course, meditation is continued afterward.

May 30, 2010, 06:14:59 PM
Reply #46

Cheesewheel23

• View Profile

July 14, 2011, 06:30:54 AM
Reply #47

amaobi

• View Profile
am too anxious to meditate on ma soul and i know i can do it but i cnt silent my thoughts

July 14, 2011, 07:21:06 AM
Reply #48

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@amaobi:
Few tips:
Focal meditation with candle light, focal meditation with antahkarana symbol

Zai-zen meditation (simple counting of breaths)

Fourfold meditation

japa meditation (om namah PSIvayah should do the trick).

July 14, 2011, 12:19:02 PM
Reply #49

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
japa meditation (om namah PSIvayah should do the trick).
I lol'd. Brilliant, Awakened! :)

February 22, 2013, 07:49:16 AM
Reply #50

Mr.Joker

• View Profile
I am new to all of this but I totaly like it. It's amazing how well you explained all what we need to know as beginners. Thanks!!

March 14, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Reply #51

seanburtonsb

• View Profile
from my experience and understanding of meditation it is more beneficial to do both focal and void meditation rather than doing them separate, its just a matter of slipping into one state of focus, and then naturally allowing your self to slip back to the other by doing this its still extreme concentration thats the focal and the void is when you by sheer will stilling your mind but either way it takes concentration to achieve both so to me they are one in the same...i mean speaking from my own experience. 

March 14, 2013, 11:02:03 AM
Reply #52

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@seanburtonsb: Void meditation is about a complete loss of perception of your body, your mind and your surroundings (no thoughts, no internal input, no external input). I do not think that it can be accomplished during focal meditation, maybe after as a next step.

March 14, 2013, 03:38:07 PM
Reply #53

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
from my experience and understanding of meditation it is more beneficial to do both focal and void meditation rather than doing them separate, its just a matter of slipping into one state of focus, and then naturally allowing your self to slip back to the other by doing this its still extreme concentration thats the focal and the void is when you by sheer will stilling your mind but either way it takes concentration to achieve both so to me they are one in the same...i mean speaking from my own experience. 
Trying to do both at the same time is counter productive and will ultimately achieve you nothing , seeing as the goals of focal and void meditation are completely opposite. In other words, you cant clear your mind by thinking harder, and you cant focus on one thing while you are trying to clear your head of all things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

March 14, 2013, 05:00:36 PM
Reply #54

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Void meditation is about a complete loss of perception of your body, your mind and your surroundings (no thoughts, no internal input, no external input). I do not think that it can be accomplished during focal meditation, maybe after as a next step. 

It can be achieve in a way through focal meditation. As the object of your attention should in some way keep your conscious mind occupied. All other external sensations and thoughts will stop. This is a deep state of trance. This is a state of single minded focus or one-point awareness.

March 15, 2013, 01:47:53 AM
Reply #55

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Void meditation is about a complete loss of perception of your body, your mind and your surroundings (no thoughts, no internal input, no external input). I do not think that it can be accomplished during focal meditation, maybe after as a next step. 

It can be achieve in a way through focal meditation. As the object of your attention should in some way keep your conscious mind occupied. All other external sensations and thoughts will stop. This is a deep state of trance. This is a state of single minded focus or one-point awareness.

Yup, but it still isn't void.