Author Topic: Fundamental Dynamic Psi for the Beginning Practitioner  (Read 97072 times)

August 23, 2007, 08:01:46 AM
Reply #15

whizkid

• View Profile

October 20, 2007, 04:51:31 AM
Reply #16

Frostlock

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have also chosen to be a psion rather than a magi..i did practice some magic and it worked quite well for me..the luck spells were great i was realy having luck ..everything was going so well...but psi looks more interesting to me..probably after i master psi(i hope that will happen) i will also study magic again :D

November 13, 2007, 06:34:22 AM
Reply #17

sandyz

• View Profile
Hi have been very successful in meditations and I'm happy that I did try the Focal Meditations and am practising it daily.

November 13, 2007, 10:26:47 AM
Reply #18

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
Hi have been very successful in meditations and I'm happy that I did try the Focal Meditations and am practising it daily.

That is wonderful. :)

November 13, 2007, 09:43:41 PM
Reply #19

sandyz

• View Profile

So can I now continue onto the Kinesis or the second part of this course?

November 14, 2007, 11:01:05 AM
Reply #20

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile

So can I now continue onto the Kinesis or the second part of this course?

If you found your soul, yes. Kinesis requires that you have done so, first.

November 14, 2007, 09:37:19 PM
Reply #21

sandyz

• View Profile
Yes, I have owing to the fact that I have been meditating for over five years now...it was prety easy :)

So, I started yesterday evening with the candle flame technique. And boy is that tough! I tried again this morning....tougher still! I'll try this eve too!

November 16, 2007, 07:44:51 AM
Reply #22

Lucina

• Settling In

• View Profile
i have been practicing candle flame for over two or three weeks now... my eyes are still adjusting and sometimes can get strain and lose my focus.

in oriental practice this is known as trataka,focusing on the candle flame till eyes water believed to have beneficial effect on the eye, how true?
I AM shining like the Son
I AM shining like the Sun

November 16, 2007, 05:32:58 PM
Reply #23

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
i have been practicing candle flame for over two or three weeks now... my eyes are still adjusting and sometimes can get strain and lose my focus.

in oriental practice this is known as trataka,focusing on the candle flame till eyes water believed to have beneficial effect on the eye, how true?

Try not to strain your eyes while doing this exercise.  You must focus with your mind, not your eyes.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 22, 2007, 06:50:07 PM
Reply #24

Secret Rose

• View Profile
I have tinnitus and vertigo (dizziness) and I don't seem to be bothered with that as long as I don't concentrate on it...It's just like distractions from the outside world, just don't focus on it.

I don't know why but the past couple of days I've kind of been zoning out really quickly as if in meditation, for no reason.  Like I'll be putting something into the refrigerator and then I won't really be aware of my surroundings and time seems to pass by very slowly.  Or if I'm looking at something my eyes will automatically defocus from everything for awhile.  <---What does this mean?   

Also, when I get dizzy spells sometimes I'm almost automatically placed into a meditative state because I can't really focus at all on the things going around me, and I can't do anything but just sit and basically do nothing.  I can't process thought either.  But I'm positive this isn't exactly a meditative state. 

Sorry for the length of my post, but I have one more question, Would meditation possibly calm down an asthma attack?  Or would it be too hard to reach that state of mind in that condition?  I have recurring asthma and sometimes my medication does not always work. 

Thank you for your help!

~Secret Rose

November 23, 2007, 07:10:40 AM
Reply #25

Lucina

• Settling In

• View Profile
perhaps some breathing excercise (such as pranayama) before you sit for concentration might help.
I AM shining like the Son
I AM shining like the Sun

April 01, 2008, 10:07:43 AM
Reply #26

supernova558

• View Profile
i tried every singel website for this and i stil kant make a psi ball :headwall:

July 11, 2008, 02:42:29 PM
Reply #27

Dillon02003

• View Profile
Can focal meditation count as something you are listening to?  for example, I am working with BrainWave Entrainment and was wondering if I could, instead of focussing on a candle flame, focus on the sound of the beats.

July 12, 2008, 02:52:28 AM
Reply #28

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
I've had practice with various Binaural beat software, and I don't recommend using it, simply because it may become a crutch. It's healthier to simply do normal meditation, and skip the easy road; you'll gain more control in the long run.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

July 14, 2008, 11:35:41 PM
Reply #29

Dillon02003

• View Profile
I've had practice with various Binaural beat software, and I don't recommend using it, simply because it may become a crutch. It's healthier to simply do normal meditation, and skip the easy road; you'll gain more control in the long run.

Thanks, I really appreciate the advise!  I am not very good at meditation though...  I have what i guess you could call "Internal ADD"  Instead of external distractions, my thoughts distract me (I made it up to explain it).  I learned to use this to my advantage with TK though, as a technique for "clearing the mind".