Author Topic: Knowing things through dreams  (Read 3123 times)

December 15, 2003, 04:35:28 PM
Read 3123 times

Watarimono

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    My eye
    • View Profile
What I was wondering is simply if this has ever happened to you: you lose something, and look everywhere you can think of for it, but cant find it. You go to sleep and throughout the course of the night you have a dream about the lost item. You wake up the next day, remember your dream, look where it was in your dream and its there!

This has happened to me about 3 times. once for my wallet and twice for my keys. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and with what kinds of items, or importance of items.

And a second thing. You go to sleep knowing you have to be up by a certain time, but due to incidents beyond your control, or simply you forgot to set your alarm, your alarm wont go off. In your dream there is a clock, that clock says the time you need to wake up, and you just "Know" that is the real time. You wake up, look at your clock and its bang on, right when your alarm shoulda been. Thats happened to me a great deal of times, fortuonately enough.

Has this also happened to anyone?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -George Bernard Shaw

December 15, 2003, 04:46:39 PM
Reply #1

Kiirar

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
To the first count, it's happened to me a few times.  I've always figured that since dreams are from the subconcious, they can answer questions if the answers are known on that level.  I've heard if you go to sleep repeating "Why do I fight with *insert person*?" you'll have a dream the situation, and can find the answers to it that way.  I've never tried it myself, but I've heard it works.

On the second count, yes, all the time.  I never dream of a clock though.  I just go to sleep the night before thinking, Tomorrow, wake up at *insert time*, and the next morning I'm up at, or before that time.  I don't bother with alarm clocks anymore, because my dreams are more accurate when it comes to waking me up.
"If I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned, why, in the name of the seven mad gods who rule the sea, was I allowed to come thus far and contemplate sand and trees?"

~from, The Open Boat by Stephen Crane

Member of the infamous K-Trio

December 21, 2003, 08:14:43 PM
Reply #2

Xiaolin_523

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
About the clock thing.  This happens to me like everyday, I don't use an alarm clock and usually my dad wakes me up for school, but then before my dad could wake me up, I'm already awake.  Plus, I can sense him approaching me.  This thing is really cool and I was never late in school. :elephant:

December 23, 2003, 07:55:48 AM
Reply #3

Allucinari

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Yes, I have lost something only to find it again alittle later, either after having dreamt about it or "just realised" where it was.

But before you jump to the psychic as an explanation, consider this: for it to have been lost, you had to have left it someplace.

And if you left it somewhere --even if you do not consciously recall WHERE-- you DO actually know where it is.  It is just that the information is logged in your subconscious somewhere, under "irrelevant stuff that happened this day", and is buried so deep under all the other "irrelevant stuff that occured that day and from there on forth", that you have immense trouble recalling it.

Trying to consciously recall it, only seems to make remembering more difficult.

So what do you do?  You go off, do something else, take your mind off of it, and meanwhile your subconscious is working away in the background, trying to dig out the information again from that large pile of irrelevant stuff.

Now, the location of that item may "come" to you, whilst you are doing something else.  You may just suddenly think, "Ohh, I know where it is" (very common); or you may just find yourself "at the place" where it is, and find the object when you are apparently not even looking for it (also fairly common).

The first instance, is clearly just your subconscious having worked out where it is, and sending a message to your conscious mind.  The second is likely to be the subconscious bypassing the "send message" part, and just "making" you go to the location on it's own.

Both occur, both are not psychic.

Infact, both are commonly termed by psychologists as "Intuition".

Now, you may have heard of intuition being referred to as a psychic ability, but infact, unless you are gaining input from a "psychic sense", then there is nothing psychic about it.  Even if the "knowledge" about the missing item would "appear to literally pop out of nowhere".  It doesn't come from nowhere, it is actually the result of input buried in the subconscious from hours/days ago, that is suddenly "rediscovered" and remembered (easiest way of putting it).

This also applies to the instance of dreaming about the object, since our dream symbols and dreams themselves, are merely ways in which the subconscious communicates with us more readily, and on it's own terms, so to speak.

Again, non psychic.

Regarding the time thing - if you tell yourself to wake up at a certain time, again, it's likely non-psychic.  It's just programming the subconscious to do something that you want it to. And it's usually not that hard for some people to get their subconscious to listen up, when they want :)

Both of these things happen to me quite frequently.  I even have the odd instance of "being able to find" other people's missing objects - which (by process of elimination of factors), must be psychic/psionic related, since there is no other way I could know where the thing is, since I am not the one who lost it. ;)

January 12, 2004, 07:56:32 AM
Reply #4

Frozenshade

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
isnt your subconscious direcly tied into being psychic?
Temperature drops, blood boils, time slows as darkeness shrouds all light, but eyes can still see.
Perspectives change from first person to third person.
A circle, and the power within.

I dont suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

January 19, 2004, 12:34:16 PM
Reply #5

alliKryptik

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quote from: Frozenshade
isnt your subconscious direcly tied into being psychic?

Actually... I think that it is just using more of your brain than most people.  That is what I got out of Allucinari's post; although, it was also something that I've been thinking, and or knowing, for a very long time now.  Only knowing what you've been taught is a very bad way to live your life.  Learn on your own, but not by other's teachings, unless that is absolutely needed...  That way you can remember your own life more readily.  Having a very good memory can be good later on in life.  Just connect everything that you know as "psychic" or "psionic" to be not coincidence, but to be connected through all the things you already have learned.  Also, to be the things you need to learn how to do, though you already know how to do it.  That way you can remember that you learned how to do it, and can do all the steps.  I kinda think I'm doing some rambling...  oh well... if you want to know more, IM me...
"Everything happens exactly the same in a different way every time you open your eyes." ~ Quote by me

Unmistaken death, 'cause there's no breath
Can't find a pulse, shoulda worn a vest
Two holes blown in ya chest, an' one through ya head
Shoulda fled, now ya dead, no need to pretend