Author Topic: A bad ego is still an ego.  (Read 2273 times)

November 12, 2006, 07:42:54 PM
Read 2273 times

wokendreams

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All power is within.
    • View Profile
I wish to make a personal statement that i think its wrong to demean yourself to loose sense of self. We've all seen the need to leave I behind however a much healthier way is to rise above these feelings become greater than them and to outgrow them. There are a lot of posts here about beating up on yourself. Your ego is like your kid you and your whole you is like an adult. What your really doing is looking at your past conception of self and saying its crap. A bad ego is an ego. Really that's all i need to say. Also it closely resembles a bad attitude. Ones a byproduct of the other I'm just not saying which.
Google will show your posts. Carefull.

November 15, 2006, 08:48:19 AM
Reply #1

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Repression is never a good choice to make. I think one should take into consideration all causes of their actions, be it ego or not and try to overcome and understand their reasons for acting that way. Simply saying, "I don't like this part of me so I'm going to hide it" is not solving a single thing.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

December 15, 2006, 11:36:54 AM
Reply #2

blackspirit

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Dumbass

• Personal Text
    Veritas Dumbass
    • View Profile
of course it's still an ego...but what makes an ego an ego?

if people should rise up above there feelings, then people in society won't have anything fun to pick on others about...take comedy for instance...if everyone rose above there feelings or wen't above there self esteem from there negative or bad habits...then who will pick on them in our humorous needs? just some boring thoughts to add ^.^
it's either fire or death

January 08, 2007, 12:15:33 PM
Reply #3

Prodeus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Qabalist~Alchemist~Magician | Veritas Mentor |
    • View Profile
    • Shrine of the Magnum Opus
An ego is the outward expression and culmunation of all the experiences that have shaped an individual's life.  In other words, it is the "I," the way it is used in Latin.  The ego should never be surpressed unless it causes probems for the individual.
"My soul is a block of clay,
my sculpting tools are the sacred sciences,
and my Opus Magnum
is the way up the mountain,
the Path of Return..."

{[(|~-LVX-~|)]}

Oriens Lvx Lucis

January 12, 2007, 12:10:41 AM
Reply #4

Right Now

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    We are all Sons and Daughters of god
    • View Profile
believe me i know what youre saing i have a really big ego.and im still admitting it