Author Topic: books?  (Read 3607 times)

December 15, 2003, 04:33:24 PM
Read 3607 times

blindlytrue

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i was wondering if there are any books out there worth reading on psi? im new to the whole psi experience so im not looking for advanced material right now just basically a book(hopefully there is more than one though :p ) to help get me started and explain the dynamics of it all and maybe some beginner practice techs or something of that nature. thanks for your time :)

December 16, 2003, 07:05:34 AM
Reply #1

Darcan

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
a bunch of people right here in veritas have written some articles dealing with the subject of psi, but there really aren't any books that I know of that could help you. I am currently writing an article on that subject but it's going to take some time. when I have it up, it's likely I will post it in the Psionics forum. glad to see you are taking an interest.
Litany of Fear
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

December 16, 2003, 01:38:06 PM
Reply #2

Bludjinni

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    ^ Sirius (L) ^_^
    • View Profile
I really suggest you read 'Philosophy and Parapyschology', edited by Jan Ludwig. It's a very interesting book covering the discussion between philosophists and parapyschologists about subjects as ESP, Telepathy, Clairvoyance and Precognition. It's not really a how-to book though, but interesting anyway. It's quite an old book, it was published in 1978, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it. However, if you get your hands on it, you really should read it.

December 16, 2003, 07:04:16 PM
Reply #3

Chaos

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
A good book that I have seen for a how-to on psi is called "The Psychic Handbook" by Betty F. Balcombe. It has a good, detailed explaination on Meditation, Focusing, Healing, Sheilds, Aura Cleansing, Clairvoyance, Psychometry, Astral Projections, , and more. It also gives theories on ghosts, healing, thoughts, Dreams, Divination, Psychokinesis, Aura, Chakras, Ley Lines, the Soul, Physical existance, and more. Although some of it, to me, seems a little strange (look who's talking).  

I was a bit disappointed on how it didn't give a detailed explaintion or exercise on developing psychokinesis or telepathy, although it does give a good thoery on how it works, which the reader could figure out a method on developing it themselves (considering it does give exercises for developing focus). All in all, I'd say it is a good book if your looking for something on developing psionic abilities.

P.S. I'm back  :)
"Those who can and don't, are no better off than those who can't." -unknown

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intenet of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha

"Interesting how simalar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity." -Merovingian, The Matrix Revolutions

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -Albert Einstein

December 17, 2003, 05:20:17 AM
Reply #4

Osiris X

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As a matter of fact, ive been trying to make a book about psi.  Im still working on it, its hard since the best techinque is the "Make it yourself" technique.
Osiris X-Training in Cryokinesis since 2002