Author Topic: Generation x y  (Read 5581 times)

October 31, 2006, 05:21:33 AM
Reply #15

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
I dislike the whole concept of Indigo children and Crystal children. It mostly seems to me just a way to make people feel more special about themselves without actually doing anything worthy.

October 31, 2006, 04:29:34 PM
Reply #16

Mister_Willow

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
well the children have been more than proven to have the advantage, its just simple evolution. Its basically just that instead of a very small number of children born that have advantages or callings or gifts whatever you want to call it (and if you question me on this dont use that as a point of weapon i simply lack a better word) and in these generations we have far far more. So some people have to work twice as hard to be half as good...unfortunate but thats the way it is..always a bigger fish, even if they werent children.
And another point of fact, the reason the indigo children are not "more psychic". They actually do work for what they get. They are usually called the "system breakers" as from the get go after 7 years of age our purity is diluted with what our parents have defined to us as right and wrong and generaly people believe it. Indigo children break away from this and question pretty much everything, despite how much trouble they may get in and are often qualified as ADD potentials. So they arent more psychic, they're just less convinced they're not
"Show me one point on the universe, and i shall move the earth" - Archimedes

November 02, 2006, 12:04:41 AM
Reply #17

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Warrior...Not Princess... Klutz...
    • View Profile
I dislike the whole concept of Indigo children and Crystal children. It mostly seems to me just a way to make people feel more special about themselves without actually doing anything worthy.

As an Indigo Adult, I'm posting to say that I understand why you dislike the whole concept. I for one, do not feel special. In fact I'm very neurotic about my gifts and wonder what I'm experiencing is real half the time. What then, is worthy to be done? I'm only asking because I'd like to be doing more with my life other than what I'm doing right now. I'm wondering if there is more I can do in this world with my gifts than be in funks or otherwise not using it to help others.

[/quote]

So some people have to work twice as hard to be half as good...unfortunate but thats the way it is..always a bigger fish, even if they werent children.

And another point of fact, the reason the indigo children are not "more psychic". They actually do work for what they get. They are usually called the "system breakers" as from the get go after 7 years of age our purity is diluted with what our parents have defined to us as right and wrong and generaly people believe it. Indigo children break away from this and question pretty much everything, despite how much trouble they may get in and are often qualified as ADD potentials. So they arent more psychic, they're just less convinced they're not

Yeah, well, we have to earn our keep. By far, I was wondering how many other Indigos are on Vsociety. Thanks for responding Master Willow. Yes we are psychic, very psychic. It is painful and sometimes hard to deal with. Focus can be learned on all levels. Sugar by far has an effect on the label of ADD. Psionics and meditation are useful tools to learn how to focus in that regard. How are these people then  less convinced of psychic ability? Indigos have the right to be skeptical just like anybody else. I for one, am a skeptic despite my recent activities with telepathy and readings. I'm stll a skeptic. I need to learn more for more proof.  :cow:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:07:46 AM by Sekhmet »
Boo-ya!

November 02, 2006, 06:47:22 AM
Reply #18

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
well the children have been more than proven to have the advantage, its just simple evolution. Its basically just that instead of a very small number of children born that have advantages or callings or gifts whatever you want to call it (and if you question me on this dont use that as a point of weapon i simply lack a better word) and in these generations we have far far more. So some people have to work twice as hard to be half as good...unfortunate but thats the way it is..always a bigger fish, even if they werent children.

Simple evolution does not go "BAM! You've got special powerz!" It is a gradual mutation that happens to prevail. What is the sudden cause of this definition? Is there a need for it? Is it that there are actually more of them or is it that it is more widely accepted or that there are tools like the internet to cater for the gathering of such people?

And about working for what you get, it's like that with anything. Intrests and natural talents, being naturally more psychic is not necessarily any better than being naturally artistic or naturally able to understand computers and logic.

Replace purity with ignorance. Parents only try to teach their children what they have learned in all their years of life experience. It probably won't be totally correct, but then again, anything you come up with yourself won't be either. That's more a matter of personal truth that develops over a person's lifetime. If you believe everything you're told, you're gullible. If you believe nothing, you're denying yourself. Purity comes with an age of adding what is good and removing what is bad.

I see writings on indigo and crystal children and see things like "you should allow your indigo/crystal child to <blah>", when following those instructions would most likely lead to a poor structure and boundaries to encourage development. ADD potentials? Most of the indigo child testamonials I've read is someone who's just downright lazy, but it's okay, since they're special and are meant to lead the world into a new era.

November 02, 2006, 11:31:44 AM
Reply #19

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Darkflame,

I have time and again mentioned that my life has structure, discipline and authority. I don't not respond to authority. I think meeting other Indigos would be weird for me because well, they can be jackasses. I'm not like that. I don't believe everything I'm told either. For starters, that's only because I'm a very skeptical person. I can't fathom the fact I see auras sometimes.. I wonder if its real and that just drives me crazy.

Darkflame - don't forget there could be people out there who consider themselves Indigo Adults.

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifted/indigo/adultIndigos/areYouAnAdultIndigo.html

This is the best resource to look up information on the metagifted movement. I'd rather call it that. I resist reading the Kryon books. I really do. But there was a page somewhere awhile back that went down though it had fantastic links on chakra work as well as the different generations of Indigo.
Boo-ya!

November 02, 2006, 03:58:39 PM
Reply #20

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
That's cool Sekhmet. Sorry if I was a bit agressive, I didn't mean it that way.

I myself fit the Indigo type. I suppose the main reason I don't like these classifications is the stuff I've read that puts people who fit the Indigo or Crystal idea on a pedestal, practically saying that these people are superior to everyone else, while dumping all the problems of the world on their shoulders. It's just saying that they are superior because of their personality and interests and nobody has to take care of their own problems because these guys are here to save the day.

November 02, 2006, 07:57:28 PM
Reply #21

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
That's cool Sekhmet. Sorry if I was a bit agressive, I didn't mean it that way.

I myself fit the Indigo type. I suppose the main reason I don't like these classifications is the stuff I've read that puts people who fit the Indigo or Crystal idea on a pedestal, practically saying that these people are superior to everyone else, while dumping all the problems of the world on their shoulders. It's just saying that they are superior because of their personality and interests and nobody has to take care of their own problems because these guys are here to save the day.

I know you didn't mean it that way! Anyway though - I see what you are saying, you feel burdened enough with the labels out there. Nobody can save the world on their own. And I don't think anybody expects that of each individual person. Unless you're nuts because I am a spiritualist after all. Christ wasn't there to take care of our sins entirely. No one person can save the world, that's too much of a burden. Its on each of us. If you fit the Indigo type, then you understand this. I score high on Crystal when I take the http://www.auracolors.com test. Then again I score equally high on the other one so does that mean I'm 'transitioning'? I'm a skeptical Indigo, Darkflame. Possibly the most difficult for the world to deal with. Its hard enough on myself. We as Indigos, I think need to dump the world's problems back onto Atlas' shoulders to tell Atlas to deal with it himself but know when to ask for help at the same time. Look at the superhero myth in literature for goodness sake, how is one superhero superior to all the rest of humanity? Batman was burdened with alcohol problems, Superman with major complexes. If you think about it, not one Indigo is super-human. We all need to rely on each other for help.
Boo-ya!

November 03, 2006, 04:01:34 PM
Reply #22

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
Look at the superhero myth in literature for goodness sake, how is one superhero superior to all the rest of humanity? Batman was burdened with alcohol problems, Superman with major complexes.

I never knew that, but then again I never read the comics. O_o

November 04, 2006, 03:24:25 PM
Reply #23

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Yeah, now you see what I mean.

Indigos are not perfect. Nor are we meant to exist in a sectarian, fascistic society. We've got to keep coming together. The sooner, the better.

There are some nasty things we need to stop. I've seen some crazy ##%#. 

What do you think you personally, all you indigos out there on Vsociety, and the world - what do you think personally you can do to make the world a better place?

Boo-ya!

November 04, 2006, 06:38:44 PM
Reply #24

Arinil

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Aspirant of the Wood
    • View Profile
Hmm...apparently I'm an Indigo Child... :confused:

Good to know...
Whoever knows everything but himself, lacks everything. (Th 3)