Author Topic: Cyrokenisis  (Read 15951 times)

September 22, 2006, 10:41:23 PM
Reply #15

Fenrir

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
The point of psychokinesis is so when you are locked in jail cell you can drag the keys over to you, or so you can make all the cash in a cash register jump out and stealthily float somewhere where you can nab it.

Was this a joke?  If you are in jail, you probably deserved it.  If people have trouble moving a piece of paper via TK, then there is no way you are going to be able to drag metal keys to your cell.

I never really liked the thought of using PK for the wrong reasons.

And what, pray tell are the right reasons? Face it, psi is used to manipulate objects, surroundings and outcomes, so don't act all pious.

September 22, 2006, 11:46:45 PM
Reply #16

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
I agree.  Psionics is a tool and concepts of motives, good, and evil aren't really relevant to this topic.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

September 30, 2006, 02:51:51 AM
Reply #17

Osiris X

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
ThiefDeath, when do you think people will be able to do this?  We struggle to move paper, and you expect somebody to move pounds of metal?  People think what we are doing is "evil", "against god's will", "fake", they take those and teach their children that things we do are wrong/impossible.  When you have something implanted in you from that young of an age, you believe it and it takes years and years to get an idea like that out of their head.  Most people wont think twice about it, they think its magic tricks.  Soon, generations of children wont have places like veritas to seek help, it will just get weaker and less noticed untill it disappears.

Reasons, right or wrong, are opinions.  Good and evil can be applied to everything in life, now what just so happens to be good to you, maybe evil to another. 

I gotta get some sleep, Ill post back on this around 5pm or so (CST).
Osiris X-Training in Cryokinesis since 2002

September 30, 2006, 11:51:04 AM
Reply #18

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Don't act like a martyr.
 Parents rarely say "LOOK OUT FOR PSIONS THEY BE EVIL"
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

September 30, 2006, 12:09:21 PM
Reply #19

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
If you really want me to, I could come up with another list of those hypohetical situations dealing with only moving things that have about the weight of a piece of paper, but I trust you might be able to use your imagination this time so I don't have to waste my time.

We  struggle to move pieces of paper because the training methods we use here are mostly wrong.  If the right training methods are developed who knows what the possibilities could be.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:13:16 PM by ThiefDeath »
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

September 30, 2006, 12:11:05 PM
Reply #20

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
ThiefDeath, when do you think people will be able to do this?  We struggle to move paper, and you expect somebody to move pounds of metal?  People think what we are doing is "evil", "against god's will", "fake", they take those and teach their children that things we do are wrong/impossible.  When you have something implanted in you from that young of an age, you believe it and it takes years and years to get an idea like that out of their head.  Most people wont think twice about it, they think its magic tricks.  Soon, generations of children wont have places like veritas to seek help, it will just get weaker and less noticed untill it disappears.

I agree with Raitaro on that one. Chances are, you probably live in the Western (or Westernized enough) world. We don't have angry mobs chasing around witches for practicing magick anymore (psionics included), so you might want to chill out. My parents used to tell me all the time that things like magickal abilities don't really exist, but I was always open to the possiblity. And if anything, peoples' beliefs in the metaphysics and paranormal is increasing, so I doubt magick will be going anywhere soon. :)
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

September 30, 2006, 04:54:16 PM
Reply #21

Osiris X

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Raitaro, I am anything but a martyr, I have done things to people I wouldnt consider right.  Why did I do it?  I just plain didnt like them, in my mind, they had it coming.  Personal agenda influenced my thoughts.  Did I know it was still wrong?  Bet your ass I did.  Did I still do it?  Yes, I sure did, didnt think twice about it.

ThiefDeath, we are using wrong techniques?  You cant critize techniques with out providing any reason to why they are wrong.  Maybe you could be the person to open our eyes, Radki anyone?   :rolleyes:

Id have to disagree with you Nazukarr, I feel that knowledge is decreasing.  Some scientist do take a chance and explore into the supernatural, their tests, however, give a different explanation to why we are able to do what we are able to do.

Osiris X-Training in Cryokinesis since 2002

September 30, 2006, 11:19:16 PM
Reply #22

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
We  struggle to move pieces of paper because the training methods we use here are mostly wrong.  If the right training methods are developed who knows what the possibilities could be.

There's calling a method "wrong", meaning that it is nonfunctional, and there is postulating that there are better approaches.  I think we all agree, hope, and assume that there are better and more efficient training approaches than what we currently use, and I think it is wise for us to continue to search for them.

But the methods we use here aren't "wrong", because they do result in many people gaining substantive skill.

If you think you know a better training method, then by all means, discuss it with us (perhaps in a new thread in the Theories board, so it has its proper space allocated).
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 01, 2006, 09:51:39 AM
Reply #23

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Id have to disagree with you Nazukarr, I feel that knowledge is decreasing.  Some scientist do take a chance and explore into the supernatural, their tests, however, give a different explanation to why we are able to do what we are able to do.

Can you show me statistics from around the 1940s that would accurately represent the amount of teenagers that practiced, or at least were somewhat educated on metaphysical subjects? I can assure you, there are a lot more of us practicing this stuff now. Back then, society rejected anything that had to do with magick. I'll bet you things like magick lodges weren't advertised, and therefore, there weren't many practitioners. Today, it's likely that you can find a magick lodge near you if you look for one. A lot of people also believe in occult ideas like horoscopes and what not. More acceptance? More advertisement? More anonymity while practicing? Logically, that means more people practicing.

So the information is making a comeback now, rather than dying out.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

October 01, 2006, 11:32:18 AM
Reply #24

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Raitaro, I am anything but a martyr, I have done things to people I wouldnt consider right.  Why did I do it?  I just plain didnt like them, in my mind, they had it coming.  Personal agenda influenced my thoughts.  Did I know it was still wrong?  Bet your ass I did.  Did I still do it?  Yes, I sure did, didnt think twice about it.

None of that disproves what I said. You are acting like psi is somthing bad and that you're all evil for practicing it.
The IneptInitiate

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

October 01, 2006, 11:51:40 AM
Reply #25

Daska_123

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    I think I'm beginning to understand...
    • View Profile
You're a prisoner of war and youre tied up in a room where people are going to come in soon and torture you to death.  There is small knife laying nearby that you could cut yourself free with.

You're an innocent and youre locked up in death row.  There is a key nearby.

You're trying to defuse a bomb and don't have the right tools, but you know you could defuse it if you could control the electrical currents inside it.

You accidentally dropped an important piece of paper or your keys into a sewer.

An expensive ring fell down the shower drain.

You're in a submarine that is about to have a nuclear meltdown and the only way to stop it is by going in the reactor room and flipping some switch, but you don't have a nuclear radiation suit.

You're in an intense physical confrontation with a murderer.  There is a gun laying somewhere that is pointed directly at him.  All you need to do is pull the trigger.

[[ x object is of immediate critical importance to you but it is out of reach ]]
:rolleyes: Okay A. How many people are going to be in a submarine that is having a nuclear shut down but anyways if you were I suppose so  :rolleyes: But yeah... The last equation was good AKA
[[ x object is of immediate critical importance to you but it is out of reach ]]
Singer. Writer. Adventurist.

July 19, 2007, 03:33:00 PM
Reply #26

mikeray4

• View Profile
so cyrokenesis is no longer accepted?

July 20, 2007, 07:23:35 AM
Reply #27

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
so cyrokenesis is no longer accepted?

it's not that it isn't "accepted" so much as broadened. cryokinesis is just a subset of a particular skill. Affecting matter with your mind and psi is typically called psychokinesis, and that's exactly what your doing whether your trying to freeze water or light fires or move pinwheels with your mind. If you learn psychokinesis as a general tool, then your success at ALL psychokinetic endeavors improves, and not just one particular psychokinetic skill.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

July 20, 2007, 07:37:29 AM
Reply #28

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
There's no point in developing "cryokinesis" because you can do the same thing with psychokinesis in the same amount of time. Training the mind to move things in any way shape or form is enough to manipulate temperature without training that skill exclusively.
The IneptInitiate