Author Topic: Cyrokenisis  (Read 15807 times)

September 19, 2006, 03:55:45 PM
Read 15807 times

zyphur

• View Profile
I would like help in this area...So...yeh,help me :confused:

September 19, 2006, 06:21:35 PM
Reply #1

Razeroth

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Ut intus , sic vacuus. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
First off- I'll show you this link: http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/4857.0

This means that in the future, do not refer to psychokinesis related to ice as cryokinesis, it is

1.fluffy
2.outdated
3.a style oflanguage that makes you look foolish
4.fluffier than a fluff bunny in a dusty RadKi mansion
5.annoying to see over and over again

My second point is to just learn psychokinesis.  Why, because when you do that, you automatically learn how to do all the other types of 'kinesis.

I would like to stress biokinesis.  Never use.  Never use more than the others because it is actually a rip-off of a political term.

-Razeroth

"In the beginning, the primum mobile created the heavens and the earth, and imparted existence.  The governing principle of the universe thusforth came forth: duality in its glory..."

September 19, 2006, 06:39:04 PM
Reply #2

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Razeroth - Your posts are horrible. Instead of aiming to _help_ other people you flame them and pretty much berate them (don't take that literally) for not knowing a b and c. A lot of us here have probably started out this way, hell, I remember beleiving 'umbrakinesis' at one point. I wasn't stupid, just ignorant. So :

1) Stop yelling at people to look knowledgable. It isn't working.

I would like help in this area...So...yeh,help me :confused:

Well, to make things easier for you, I'll just post what kobok wrote about the kinesises here. ^_^

4.2, How do I do aerokinesis, biokinesis, cryokinesis, electrokinesis, geokinesis, hydrokinesis, lunakinesis, pyrokinesis, terrakinesis, or *kinesis?

Let's say you were trying to pick up a bunch of stuff with your hands and move it to another location. Would you list the techniques as:

1. Picking up a shoe
2. Picking up a box
3. Picking up a book
4. Picking up a rock
5. Picking up a chair

Obviously this system of classification has no intrinsic meaning to the method of "picking something up". Likewise, for psychokinesis, the target of the psychokinesis has no necessary bearing on the technique used. There is only one psychokinesis, and there are two ways to do it. One is a direct form of psychokinesis, where something is directly changed. The second is an indirect form of psychokinesis, where a future is brought about without specifying the manner in which it happens. (And the lines even blur between these two.)  All of the abilities listed in the question are simply that.  If you feel that you are able to do one, but not another, then that is simply a psychological restraint that is holding you back.

For detail about how to perform kinesis, read the following article.

So yes, making things cold involves moving molecules, and its still just psychokinesis. If you can move a psiwheel, you can do cryokinesis. Sooo...good luck. :)
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

September 19, 2006, 08:34:53 PM
Reply #3

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Additionally, if you can do psychokinesis, you need to contact me (that goes for anyone).
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

September 20, 2006, 05:04:37 PM
Reply #4

Razeroth

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Ut intus , sic vacuus. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
What are you talking about, Nazukarr?  I did help, I gave the best link I could find.  What I posted was true, that style of language is unuseful, like it or not.  In my experience, the only way people listen to this is if you give absolute logic in a harsh way.  Otherwise they don't take you seriously.  If, on the otherhand, the information isn't logical, they take it even less seriously.  But my information is both logical, true, and straight to the point, which in this case is synonymous with harsh.

I find your statement about me trying to look knowledgable annoying and unproductive.  it is an insult to my personality and my intelligence.  How about YOU stop atacking other people when you don't know what you're talking about?  That would help, and in the future, don't take up a thread's space to type something as irrelevant as my method of getting straight to the point. If anything in psionics, I have knowledge of these alt-kinesis' that are so often made.  I think I can handle giving some advice on his mistakes. 

On another point, the reason for reiterating the bit about the fluff was for the sake of reiteration.  It was never meant to flame.  Try to look at a piece of writing from another perspective before you blatently attack the author on the grounds of a disagreement.

Zyphur, I am sorry for using posting this retaliation in your thread space.

-Razeroth,  :dog:
"In the beginning, the primum mobile created the heavens and the earth, and imparted existence.  The governing principle of the universe thusforth came forth: duality in its glory..."

September 20, 2006, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #5

Xirokoto

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    "Never know fate, never know best..."
    • View Profile
Theres no true point in CRYOkinesis... First off, you wont become subzero, or anything remotely close. Theoretically, you MIGHT be able to chill a penny to slightly below room temp with a good deal of time and energy. Dosen't seem to have all that practical implications. Learn Psychokinesis, and be happy with it...
"There has never been a light that has not cast a shadow, just as there has never been a man of the light whom has not reflected darkness..."

September 20, 2006, 05:31:46 PM
Reply #6

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
He might be able to chill a penny below room temperature or he might be able to refrigerate his food for a week, who knows.  Nobody has conducted in-depth laboratory research on the limits of psychokinesis yet.

How about a shave?

September 21, 2006, 07:08:47 PM
Reply #7

Osiris X

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
First off- I'll show you this link: http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/4857.0

This means that in the future, do not refer to psychokinesis related to ice as cryokinesis, it is

1.fluffy
2.outdated
3.a style oflanguage that makes you look foolish
4.fluffier than a fluff bunny in a dusty RadKi mansion
5.annoying to see over and over again

My second point is to just learn psychokinesis.  Why, because when you do that, you automatically learn how to do all the other types of 'kinesis.

I would like to stress biokinesis.  Never use.  Never use more than the others because it is actually a rip-off of a political term.

-Razeroth

I guess things I have changed.  I could have sworn maybe a year ago we all agreed that the 5 recognized kinesis were: Physcokinesis, Telekinesis, Pyro, Cryo, and Bio.  I guess you all just group them together now.  Id like to know who you are Razeroth, forgive me but I dont check this place too often.  It maybe a style fluffly, outdated, ect... but it was a big improvement out of the last 4 years.  Trust me, if you saw this place back then, you would pray for people to use those 5 kinesis.  I think the worst one was Lunarkinesis, yes, it was an actual question.  We dont know what we are truely capable of, so I rarely refer to anything as "fluff", while the thought of freezing things, shooting energy balls out of our hand, while hard to believe, we havent proved we cant do it.  Science hasnt turned its cheek over to the "supernatural", I use that term very loosely because we all have the ability to do things "supernatural".
Now for physcokinesis, grouping them all together is not such a good thing.  I have found that each one requires different mindsets, if you attempt TK while in the mindset of CK, its not going to work out too well.  The arguement that CK has no true point is pretty ridiculous, all TK has no true point.  There is no point of moving a psiwheel when we can open a window and the wind will spin it for us.  There isnt a point to levitate a pencil when we could easily go pick it up.  We all do these meaningless things in hopes of achieving something greater, and more useful.  All of you that tell him it is useless should leave and not come back to veritas.  Everything is Psionics is useless, however, a select few have been able to heal themselves, I even believe there was a rumor of some girl that died by moving loafs of bread with her mind.  Is this true?  It might not be, but it gives up hope.

PM me anytime, I will give you lessons in CK if you want, I dont teach technique because I feel its better to learn it yourself, trial and error.  It makes you more careful because CK can have serious effects if you dont know what you are doing, body training helps CK move along alot faster.
Osiris X-Training in Cryokinesis since 2002

September 21, 2006, 08:23:06 PM
Reply #8

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
The point of psychokinesis is so when you are locked in jail cell you can drag the keys over to you, or so you can make all the cash in a cash register jump out and stealthily float somewhere where you can nab it.

How about a shave?

September 21, 2006, 08:41:30 PM
Reply #9

X_wulven

• Settling In

• View Profile
just thought i would make a point. I know am just beginner and cant much of anything but i am a scientist. so on to point.
cryokinesis being psychokinesis isnt really accurate. when something is cold is when it lacks energy. the more energetic something is the more it realses energy, heat most often. Colliding particles often produce light as well. the motion of particles could explain pyrokinesis. but not cyrokinises. that would entail taking energy away from the particles, motion would do the opposite.

...edit after thinking for a few minutes....
the term might be more apporiate if you consider slowing down the particles.....not usually what you think about when the term psychokinesis comes out. though if anyone can slow down the vibrations of of solid object to a point where the drop in temp is noticable and usable...i will be impresssed.
"The meaning of life is not to live, but to survive the tortures of it and not let it break you, no matter what."

September 21, 2006, 08:53:18 PM
Reply #10

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
It all depends how loosely you define Psychokinesis.  If you defined Psychokinesis as "the ability to affect physical systems with the mind" then any form of kinesis could fall under it.  The problem is nobody can agree on a definition.

How about a shave?

September 22, 2006, 12:45:36 AM
Reply #11

Sakireth

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Your master
    • View Profile
It all depends how loosely you define Psychokinesis.  If you defined Psychokinesis as "the ability to affect physical systems with the mind" then any form of kinesis could fall under it.  The problem is nobody can agree on a definition.
I only have 2 catagories for Psi.
Manipulation, and Perception.
I group everything to do with Manipulation (such as PK) into Manipulation, and everything to do with perception into Perception. There, problem solved.
--- Sakireth

September 22, 2006, 04:41:09 AM
Reply #12

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
I sort of think that way too except I rarely bring it up on the forums because it's just too radical of an idea compared to the current way of thinking here and I can't do it without a 99% forecast of a debate.

How about a shave?

September 22, 2006, 02:30:42 PM
Reply #13

Osiris X

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
The point of psychokinesis is so when you are locked in jail cell you can drag the keys over to you, or so you can make all the cash in a cash register jump out and stealthily float somewhere where you can nab it.

Was this a joke?  If you are in jail, you probably deserved it.  If people have trouble moving a piece of paper via TK, then there is no way you are going to be able to drag metal keys to your cell.

I never really liked the thought of using PK for the wrong reasons.
Osiris X-Training in Cryokinesis since 2002

September 22, 2006, 02:37:13 PM
Reply #14

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
You're a prisoner of war and youre tied up in a room where people are going to come in soon and torture you to death.  There is small knife laying nearby that you could cut yourself free with.

You're an innocent and youre locked up in death row.  There is a key nearby.

You're trying to defuse a bomb and don't have the right tools, but you know you could defuse it if you could control the electrical currents inside it.

You accidentally dropped an important piece of paper or your keys into a sewer.

An expensive ring fell down the shower drain.

You're in a submarine that is about to have a nuclear meltdown and the only way to stop it is by going in the reactor room and flipping some switch, but you don't have a nuclear radiation suit.

You're in an intense physical confrontation with a murderer.  There is a gun laying somewhere that is pointed directly at him.  All you need to do is pull the trigger.

[[ x object is of immediate critical importance to you but it is out of reach ]]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:56:37 PM by ThiefDeath »

How about a shave?