Author Topic: Elemental Magic Class  (Read 7174 times)

September 17, 2006, 06:49:38 PM
Read 7174 times

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
This year I am offering a magic class designed primarily around the study and practice of elemental magic.  It is open for anyone who is not already in a Veritas Class, and at the moment has no set class size; this will be determined after I review how many applications I have recieved and how many Teacher Assistants are available to me. 

The Elemental Magic class shall consist of three courses:

Course 1: Preliminary Discussion (8 weeks)

The first course shall address certain general hermetic philosophies that must be completely understood by the student before he can properly advance in the ensuing magical practices.  It provides a look at fundamental theory while providing exercises focused on allowing the student to prepare his mind and body for the elemental practices.

Course 2: Elemental Theory (15 weeks)

This is the heart of the class.  The second course shall discuss elemental theory ranging from beginning to intermediate status while providing a plethora of different exercises, meditations and routines for the practicing elemental magician to begin.  This will be the most demanding course for the student, who will find himself with each new lecture studying progressively more complex elemental theory while simultaneously having to learn and begin applying sometimes as many as three or four different daily routines or exercises.  If the aspiring magician does not put all his heart and focus into this course then the third course is entirely irrelevant.

Course 3: Elemental Practice (13 weeks)

This course highlights the fruits of the student's continued study and application of the second course.  It is quite likely that many of the things discussed in this course the student shall not yet be able to accomplish.  However, should he continue to devote himself to the philosophies and guidelines presented in the second course, and not give up on practicing the exercises provided in this one, he shall in time derive the fruits of his practices. 

The concepts taught in this class are to be carried with the student for many years: if any student could honestly perform all of the exercises of the third course, or even of the entire second course, by the time we arrived at them, that student would truly be a magical prodigy.  Instead what I hope to do is provide the students with a guideline and a template for their practices, so that should they continue them in the manner suggested they shall inevitably book success on their own times.

Applications shall be released on October 1st, 2006 in both the Magic and Main Hall forums. 

Applications MUST be turned in by October 15, 2006 unless provided with a justified explanation.  I will stop accepting applications after this date.

Private Messages will be sent to the accepted students on October 18th, and class will begin October 22ndDO NOT email me asking if you were accepted; the automatic response will be "no".  If by October 20th you have not recieved a private message then you were not accepted; do not email me asking why. 

Instructions for how to fill out the application properly will be posted with the applications on October 1st. 

I look foward with anticipation to the beginning of the classes.  Namaste.

October 09, 2006, 06:39:37 PM
Reply #1

Vampiress

• View Profile
I would like to apply for your class.

October 10, 2006, 06:26:26 AM
Reply #2

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile

March 06, 2007, 06:06:20 PM
Reply #3

unseen

• Settling In

• View Profile
 :redface: I missed this one..

March 07, 2007, 07:48:26 AM
Reply #4

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
You could always apply for a mentor who  has experienced in elemental magic/Hermetic philosophy.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

March 09, 2007, 06:55:23 PM
Reply #5

unseen

• Settling In

• View Profile
I am happy that people here are supportive..thanks Raitaro!