Author Topic: Calling all eligible librarians!  (Read 9593 times)

December 30, 2006, 11:52:29 PM
Reply #15

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Ooh! Adept posted, so will this finally get started then?  And I don't recall ever hearing the idea either, but it does sound like a good one.  Although I do not think that a seperate user system would be at all needed.

December 31, 2006, 07:04:29 AM
Reply #16

TheThing

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
OKay we have half of veritas agreed to help. when will we start doing stuff? :biggrin:
TheThings's Flatmate.

December 31, 2006, 07:32:29 AM
Reply #17

Tesla

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Hunab K'u
    • View Profile
I like to help also  :wink:

January 05, 2007, 09:57:14 AM
Reply #18

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Soon, very soon...I hope.  Becasuse this thing is taking way to long to get off the ground.

January 05, 2007, 11:56:58 AM
Reply #19

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Well, everyone says they'll help, no ones putting it together, I've been removed from the Library team due to my Hiatus from July to November or in that area of time. I lost all ebooks sorted and otherwise in a computer crash a while back, but have  reacquired the V-Library Raw data a few days ago. I currently have 118 books sorted and about 124 items left to go through in Section 1 (The Folder called Adept for those with the raw data). A lot of the books are copies of each other and as such, I have 136 trashed files so far.

I'll continue to work on it and submit section 1 for upload to the Veritas server and hopeful someone can rig it up so that the files are viewable by the wiki or someother means.

I have revamped my old rules on categorization as it was just too cumbersome. Files will be only sorted by Authors, compilations (ie the keys of Solomon are broken into several files) and a subject note on files will be attached upon upload providing I can figure it out at a quick skim. In addition all files no longer require underscores because that's just a piss off and makes no difference into uploading as far as I know.

So yeah, just a little heads up on project status...I think this solo attempt is more efficient than breaking it all up into teams. Too much hassle.

Out of the Roughly 1387 Raw Data Files

1133 Files Remain Unsorted
118 Files Sorted by Author
42 Files Sorted by Subject

Adept

January 05, 2007, 03:31:36 PM
Reply #20

Tesla

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Hunab K'u
    • View Profile
hmmm, sounds like a lot of work..

I can still take the half of the work if you want that. Just send me a link where I can get those books (preferable packed into 1 rar/zip), and I will do my best.

January 05, 2007, 06:55:36 PM
Reply #21

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Yeah, thats what everyone said, and no one did anything...

anyway, update, Section one is completed. I was told that whoever is hooking up the files to the wiki will actually fix the subject s

Section 1 (Adept) Contains 193 Useable files (includieng a few of the same books under different translators or editions)

Now all i need is a way to get them on the server...

Kobok....>.>

January 05, 2007, 11:56:31 PM
Reply #22

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I would like to help even though I don't know how it works.

January 06, 2007, 12:38:56 PM
Reply #23

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Hey, I never recieved any of the data to begin with.  And if anyone did send me, then it got lost somewhere on the way through cyberspace.  But I am still willing to help if it is needed.  But if you think solo is the way to go, then more power to you.  Can't wait to see the outcome Adept.  Although from what you say about the sorting, it looks as though it is still going to be a while.

January 06, 2007, 01:13:42 PM
Reply #24

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
In all acuallity, I can't let anyone on the Library team and I myself am not a part of it. If you all want to help and havent recived any instruction or anything, try PMing Shadowwarrior13, he's the new project leader it seems. But just remember the folder called "Adept" is alread finished.