Author Topic: Sorcery.net Hates Me  (Read 3106 times)

August 02, 2006, 07:25:11 AM
Read 3106 times

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Ping? Pong!
-
[Auth-212CD94 VERSION]
-
*** Autokilled [#010f3a] for    0 days,  1 hours, and  0 minutes [Your host (69.211.82.145) has been blacklisted for being a known open proxy server. In order to prevent abuse, your host cannot connect. Please visit http://ahbl.org/tools/lookup.php?ip=69.211.82.145 for more information.]
-
Closing Link: `Nazukarr[adsl-69-211-82-145.dsl.wotnoh.ameritech.net] (K-lined)

So this started to happen yesterday, and it wont fix itself today. I did the stuff on that website link they gave me too. It'll eventually fix itself, but Im not getting why it does that to me so much. Maybe its because I need a firewall or something?
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

August 03, 2006, 01:35:46 AM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
So this started to happen yesterday, and it wont fix itself today. I did the stuff on that website link they gave me too. It'll eventually fix itself, but Im not getting why it does that to me so much. Maybe its because I need a firewall or something?

It says it can take up to 5 days for them to verify the removal.

As for why it keeps happening to you, if you actually have a proxy on your system that you don't know about, this is probably because your system has become infested with one or more viruses containing a backdoor.  You should consider either a better anti-virus program, or switching to an operating system which does not have such problems.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 03, 2006, 08:37:27 AM
Reply #2

Daska_123

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    I think I'm beginning to understand...
    • View Profile
That happens to me only on my other computer ^.^ It now fixes pretty fast...
Singer. Writer. Adventurist.

August 03, 2006, 08:58:03 AM
Reply #3

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It says it can take up to 5 days for them to verify the removal.

As for why it keeps happening to you, if you actually have a proxy on your system that you don't know about, this is probably because your system has become infested with one or more viruses containing a backdoor.  You should consider either a better anti-virus program, or switching to an operating system which does not have such problems.

Yeah, so its happening again. Im fed up! I've been using an anti-virus system lately and I have no clue about whats happening. And what d oyou mean by switching to another operating system (sorry, not very computer saavy).

EDIT:

Could being in some type of network have anything to do with this?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:00:03 AM by Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

August 03, 2006, 11:18:02 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
And what d oyou mean by switching to another operating system (sorry, not very computer saavy).

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Could being in some type of network have anything to do with this?

Yes, it's possible.  I just noticed your ip is dynamic, and seems to change every day or two.  The question is, does the problem stay consistent when your ip address changes, or does it just show up for some ip addresses?  If it only shows up for some, then this can mean that some other people on your isp have proxies or viruses with proxies installed on their system and are getting those ips flagged, and then you are getting that ip the next time you are connecting.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.