Author Topic: Aura steeling  (Read 22217 times)

August 06, 2006, 05:21:34 PM
Reply #15

Arpspasm

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
:) wow. This is educatonal.

Probably not the best response to establish your credentials as a teacher in this area  :wink:

I read an interesting article a while ago ( Not that I necessarily prescribe to the theory.) It described a true vampire as a magician who craving a type of physical immortality would somehow seal his own energy field and chakras into a kind of closed circuit which would therefore need to be replenished via an external source as apposed to the natural cycling of energy though the energy bodies. Also the same article had a theory on the superstition of the vampire turning to dust on being exposed to sunlight. It surmised that the sun would through its nature as a vast storehouse of energy seek to balance out unnatural fluctuations in the vampires energy fields taking back the stolen etheric energy.

*Disclaimer* I don't believe this but it was a well written article so I though I woulds throw the paraphrased version into the mix.
"This life's dim windows of the soul
Distorts the heavens from pole to pole
And leads you to believe a lie
When you see with, not through, the eye."
-William Blake

August 07, 2006, 04:33:11 AM
Reply #16

psi_vamp

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    ThE pRoUd FoUnDeR oF...... MEH!
    • View Profile
Well thats a load of rubbish. There is no imortalaty. There is no turning to dust. But we are sensative to sunlight, such as headaches and sunstroke. These are more affective due to the radiation bieng more effective at damaging our heads cos of psi waves or sumthin. I dont reli know, but its annoyin gettin headaches all the time. Also our skin burns more easily. We dont reli tan. I dont know why this is... We also develop a bit of a nocturnal habbit. This is so we can stay out of the sun. Also most of the other vampires have become goths and are obsesed with the darkness. Im not reli a lover of the night...
~terra
----------------------------------------------------------------
have you done your homework?.. MEH!
have you made your bed?.. MEH!
have you a reason for anything?... MEH!
MEH! MEH! MEH! MEH! MEH!
LET THE LEGACY OF MEH BEGINNNNN! MEH MEH MEH MEH

August 07, 2006, 08:23:00 AM
Reply #17

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
What is it that makes you think you are a vampire?
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

August 07, 2006, 11:03:57 AM
Reply #18

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Well thats a load of rubbish. There is no imortalaty. There is no turning to dust. But we are sensative to sunlight, such as headaches and sunstroke. These are more affective due to the radiation bieng more effective at damaging our heads cos of psi waves or sumthin. I dont reli know, but its annoyin gettin headaches all the time. Also our skin burns more easily. We dont reli tan. I dont know why this is... We also develop a bit of a nocturnal habbit. This is so we can stay out of the sun. Also most of the other vampires have become goths and are obsesed with the darkness. Im not reli a lover of the night...

I get headaches and sunstroke when I'm out in the sun too long as well. It just means I've been out in the sun too long, not that I'm a vampire. If you exercise often, eat right, and wear sunscreen you likely won't have any problems with sun exposure.

Also, I don't tan that well  either (I burn real quick though), and that's not because I'm a vampire, it's just because of my Irish/Scottish background. I'm just very white, probably much like yourself.

These are all normal human characteristics. What you're trying to do is differentiate yourself from everyone else so you can feel special.

-k

August 07, 2006, 12:14:47 PM
Reply #19

psi_vamp

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Nah, not realy kettle. You probs jus dont beleive. an i probably have more understanding in psychology as i have a degree in junior and have been studying since i was 5
~terra
have you a reason for anything?... MEH!
MEH! MEH! MEH! MEH! MEH!
LET THE LEGACY OF MEH BEGINNNNN! MEH MEH MEH MEH

August 07, 2006, 01:41:13 PM
Reply #20

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Nah, not realy kettle. You probs jus dont beleive. an i probably have more understanding in psychology as i have a degree in junior and have been studying since i was 5

I'm sure he believes there are vampires out there; he just doesn't believe that you are one. Why? Because all of your 'symptoms' can be explained by perfectly rational and natural means. It would probably be wisest to double and triple check yourself before you come to the 'Geez, I must be a vampire' conclusion. With the circumstances provided, however, I dont really think you are one.

Also, you have a degree in psychology? Aren't you only 14??
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:45:30 PM by Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

August 07, 2006, 04:23:35 PM
Reply #21

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

Here's my main problem with your response; You never provided any evidence to the contrary of what I have stated. All you did was say 'Nah' and talk about how good you are. At no point did you disprove what I said, and thus, my statements still stand as valid, and until you've proven them wrong, you are wrong.

I don't mean to come off as snooty, it's just that when engaging in an arguement it's impossible to continue when one person is stonewalling the other by say 'no' over and over without offering any opposing evidence. This is a discussion for the purposes of coming to understand something better, the more we say the better.

-k

August 07, 2006, 05:46:39 PM
Reply #22

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Well, I'm 'goth' by the social standards. I would live and work at night if I could, I dislike sunlight, I admittedly enjoy the taste of blood, and I am 150% human. As for the "our heads burn because of psi waves" theory, well, I'm sure we can all toss that one out of the window as most of us seem to have our scalps intact. Is there any actual proof you have for thinking you are a vampire?
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

August 07, 2006, 10:02:42 PM
Reply #23

Bladesmith

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    ---Bend the bar while the iron is hot.---
    • View Profile

I thought a college degree required an english course or two, which would impart an ability to spell and use correct grammar.
  What is a "prob" in the context you use it in?
  We all have flaws in our character, yours seems to be humility.
  (Forgive my rudeness, but I cannot endure reading butchered english like this.)

---The Bladesmith---
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

-Jesus Christ (Matthew 10:34)

August 08, 2006, 09:18:05 AM
Reply #24

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
OMG... psi_vamp isn't a vampire, he's a .. a... programmer! aaaaaaaahhhhhh D: run for the hills!

*runs away*

~kakkarot
P.S. I am not a programmer, I only went to school for it >.>
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

August 08, 2006, 06:34:07 PM
Reply #25

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
OMG... psi_vamp isn't a vampire, he's a .. a... programmer! aaaaaaaahhhhhh D: run for the hills!

*runs away*

~kakkarot
P.S. I am not a programmer, I only went to school for it >.>

WHAT are you talking about? lol
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

August 08, 2006, 07:34:25 PM
Reply #26

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
one of the amazing common jokes in "computer school" was that "we computer programmers" tend to take on various aspects and characteristics of vampires ^_^ like the "sunlight causing pain" and not tanning.

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

August 08, 2006, 10:13:48 PM
Reply #27

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile

To begin, you should have known this response would be a bullet into your own skull.  Presumed appeals to authority mean exceedingly little when no evidence has been given to support said authority.  Personally I spent three years studying psychology, have a major in psychology and philosophy, with supporting degrees in theology as well as practicing licensed degrees in alternative therapy and Hollistic Healing Practitioner.  With a relatively small amount of credit hours my majors in psychology and philosophy can easily be pushed into Bachelor's degrees; I simply do not have the time to dedicate to this at the moment.  It took me about five years to acquire the knowledge I have in these areas through University and College level studies. 

Saying all of that was unnecessary, but it serves to point out that appeals to authority are relatively easy to make.  I am hoping that your vampirism is merely a psychological fascination as opposed to something more serious, such as the development of Renfield's Syndrome.  The desire to feed on energy is a choice; not a requirement.  The only time it becomes necessary to the mind is through obsession and fascination, where autosuggestion plays a role in making your mind believe that it needs or is addicted to something. 

I do not desire to give the impression that I do not believe in vampires; quite the contrary.  Historical events documented by many authorities of the time provide for very throught-provoking material.  The vampirism of Arnold Paole in the village of Meduegna, for example, is the classic vampire story from which nearly all other stories have been derived.  The difference, however, is that even in legal documents of the time everything which the story says happened can be verified in one manner or another.  The story established the concept of being converted into a vampire by being bitten, resurrecting the corpse after death, coming out only at night (though not being harmed by light), and feeding on the blood of the living (particularly virgins).  Before the disturbance at Meduegna, the only records of anything simulating a vampire were to be found in Rome, where, interestingly enough, is where the youth who was originally bitten claims he encountered some "phenomenal beast who, attacking, quickly bit into my throat and disappeared."  The other, more detailed historical account, would be the disturbances of the village of Hadim.  Apart from these, I have met several powerful psychic vampires in my meetings with other occultists, one of whom was able to consume enough energy to put out all the candles of a chantellier and, leaning foward and exhaling, could light them all once more.  Likewise I have met people who could put others to sleep by draining their vital energy, and have in fact been put to sleep on one occasion myself by such a person.  In my talks with these people however, the people who can generate verifiable demonstrations of their vampiric abilities, they are all concurrent with a single fact: that the idea that psychic vampires have a damaged energy system and/or require to feed on the energy of others is entirely fictitious, and that so long as this mindset is maintained no real progress can be made, as the belief sets the body's own energy back to a default level on a regular basis, expelling acquired energy. 

I might not have been studying vampirism since I was five, but I've been studying occultism longer than many of our members here, most likely including you, have been alive, during which time I've met many people and seen and learned many things.  Amongst these, I might add, is the understanding that a five year old really can not learn much due to the development of the child's physical brain: object consistency has only begun to develop within the past year, and the hippocampus is still not fully developed within the temporal lobe.  As a result certain progesterone receptors in the hippocampus have not completed their maturation in communication with the rest of the limbic system's appropriate glands.  All of this gathers together to account for two things: the loss of memory before the ages 4-5 (with the exception of a few minorities), and the incredible growth of the brain from the ages of six through thirteen.  In the fifth and sixth years of child development myelin begins to form within the gray matter of the temporal and frontal lobes while certain synapses are pruned from the brain (particularly if they are designated "useless").  During this pruning not only do children lose a great deal of their memories, but it is in fact harder for them to concentrate and to formulate new memories.  They are also the most susceptible to emotional interference, as the hippocampus is beginning to mature and so the amount of estrogen in the body is rising. 

Now I'm sure you know this, as you've studied psychology apparently, and it is the reason why in my martial arts class for children I never accept a student below seven years of age.  You may have read something very simple when you were five years old, but unless you were one of the prodigies I strongly doubt you were doing anything that could be considered logistic "studying" at that age. 

August 10, 2006, 10:08:04 AM
Reply #28

psi_vamp

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Im not a programer.
~terra