Author Topic: Collaborative Learning  (Read 5663 times)

June 16, 2006, 10:21:10 PM
Read 5663 times

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile

It seems like there are an awful lot of mentors with only one or two active mentees. So instead of having the occasional individual practice between a mentor and a mentee, I was thinking that perhaps the mentees could pair up. Each mentee could pick a practice partner with similar studies. This way they could answer each other's questions, compare experiences, swap advice, and get in a lot more practice. It would be along the lines of a Mentor Workshop, just without the structure. Mentees could meet up on their own time and check in with their mentors every now and again. It would increase productivity within the program and allow mentees to learn from each other. If two mentees are starting in the same field at the same time, they are definitely going to be able to help each other out along the way. They also might not be as embarassed to ask "stupid questions". My main point is that I'm often busy and I don't pay as much attention to my mentees as I would like to. My mentees probably don't know who else is enrolled in the program under other mentors. If mentees pair up they could motivate each other to practice and would have a partner that can devote more time. I know I'd sure as heck like someone else like me to practice with. Let me know what you all think.
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

August 22, 2006, 02:32:41 PM
Reply #1

Razeroth

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Ut intus , sic vacuus. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
I suppose that the company of another mantee would help since they would ask questions that you might not ask, and be able to give additional help, etc.  But if there was more than one mantee then a mentor would not be able to spend as much time answering one person's questions and generally helping that person learn.  I guess it depends on which you prefer, though the latter does not seem like such a great sacrifice to me :wink:

-Razeroth
"In the beginning, the primum mobile created the heavens and the earth, and imparted existence.  The governing principle of the universe thusforth came forth: duality in its glory..."