Author Topic: What do you want in a Class?  (Read 34945 times)

February 12, 2004, 12:54:37 PM
Reply #15

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I don't think Qi-gong is a great idea over the internet or atleast in IRC form but it could work.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

February 12, 2004, 01:40:00 PM
Reply #16

cyropsion_26

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
chi kung, definatly.  and some ap would be cool too.

February 12, 2004, 01:43:38 PM
Reply #17

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
I agree with Forge and would like to know how the heck can you expect someone to teach Astral Projection via IRC? O_o

If there are to be any classes, I would suggest that there should be psi manipulation classes held (making psi balls and other simple things). The skill level of the majority of Veritas's population falls into that category of psionics at the moment.

As for things like Telepathy and Empathy...we should hold off on that for a while. Like I said, most of the members of Veritas are beginners and aren't ready for things like that.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

February 12, 2004, 02:34:00 PM
Reply #18

DreamingSaint

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Proud Member since 2004
    • View Profile
Re:
I would be interested in PK and anything else. I'm new so I don't mind anything.
"Let your instincts take over"

February 12, 2004, 04:08:32 PM
Reply #19

Krimson

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Shielding and scanning.

February 12, 2004, 04:26:37 PM
Reply #20

Lightbringer

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Spiritual Warrior
    • View Profile
I would like to see something that isn't totally basic.  Something more exotic for advanced members because it seems that people can get all the info this site offers in a few months then get bored and leave.
The thing that really fascinates me about people is their ability to have no idea what's going on even though it's going on in plain sight all around them and the even more amazing tendency to argue violently when one of these obvious things is presented to them.

February 12, 2004, 05:29:15 PM
Reply #21

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Maybe Krimson has a point with the sheilding and scanning classes...as for exotic things, I guess it would be nice to have something like flaring or PK classes (like moving a psi wheel, or even attempting a forcebubble). But if there are going to be mass classes, I beleive that they're main focus should be beginner things.

Solve et Coagula

February 13, 2004, 06:21:44 AM
Reply #22

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I also agree with the majority. Anything that focuses on begginners, because even though  a lot of people consider them selves intermediate or advanced, i think that a lot of them just think they are for popularity. Anything that focuses on begginning things like energy manipulation, AP (kinda hard over the internet though), and maybe even stretch it for TK/PK. Some advanced classes should also be offered for those that really are advanced.

As for empathy and/or telepethy, it would be nice to have those classes so people dont get completely bored with the same old thing all the time.

February 13, 2004, 08:36:41 AM
Reply #23

blackdragon

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i think we should do some kiaijutsu

February 13, 2004, 08:47:37 AM
Reply #24

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
...? Are some of you people even thinking about this? These classes will be taught in a chat room program, IRC. Meaning, we need something that the teachers would be able to keep track of, so they could know wheather the students are actually progressing or not. This limits the number of things that can be taught. This means that we have to stick with interactive things, like Telepathy, Empathy, sensitivity training by sending constructs, scanning constructs etc.

How do you expect to be taught how to astral project, or use kiajutsu over IRC? You might as well ask to be taught how to ride a bike over IRC.

Solve et Coagula

February 13, 2004, 08:49:35 AM
Reply #25

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
What would be nice though, would be a class based on an article written for Veritas...like a TP or Psionics article written with IRC classes kept in mind.

Solve et Coagula

February 13, 2004, 03:53:27 PM
Reply #26

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
DF you have the idea.  There are qualified people ready, people I trust ;}
I am working on it, I am seeking these thngs for Veritas openly.  We just needed a variety of opinions as to what is needed.  Hopefully together we can work everything out in harmony ;}  Time scheduals and all.

I need to know what time in what time zones would work.  And the time of those willing to do classes is important too.  One Star* that is willing to teach is in Central time zone.  I understand day is not good due to school scheduals.

Lets just get ideas flowing, there are people willing to step up, as there have always been...like Void..He brings a very valuable presence to Veritas, thank you!

Keep it coming, pump some life into it ;}
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

February 13, 2004, 05:40:31 PM
Reply #27

Unbrakable002

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
My friend and I will learn anything any of you have to offer. His sn: Timesplitter12

My sn: Unbrakable002

February 15, 2004, 01:05:33 PM
Reply #28

Alias1

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
I would like to see classes on (just to name a few) shielding, linking, scanning, constructs, flaring, sending, receiving, pinging. I can't really see why the process would be much different for telepathy vs empathy. To my knowledge, it's just a matter of which information (thoughts vs emotions)you're sending/receiving. I think a philosophy and/or ethics class would be useful as well. Maybe even applied physics.
May you live in interesting times.

"What?" - Arthur Dent

February 15, 2004, 06:31:14 PM
Reply #29

XeYe

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I am going by Central Time. Weekends are always nice for me. But I'm sure I could manage attending a class that happens to be on a night during the week. I'm willing to brush up on some skills, and learn new things. Especially classes that deal with partners.
To mold the mind and body,
To cultivate a vigorous spirit,
And through correct and rigid training,
To strive for Improvement in the art of Kendo;
To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor,
To associate with others with sincerity,
And to forever pursue the cultivation of oneself.
Thus will one be able to love his country and society,
To contribute to the development of culture,
And to promote peace and prosperity among all people.