Author Topic: Faults.  (Read 2571 times)

May 16, 2006, 12:25:18 PM
Read 2571 times

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It takes guts to be able to admit your faults to yourself.  It takes more guts to be able to admit your faults to someone else.  However, I believe the end results of such realisations and admittances tend to be healthy for the way you view yourself and for your overall state of being.  While I don't believe this is as effective as admitting your faults to the people you love most, people tend to prefer a certain amount of anonymity.  Veritas just so happens to have a good amount of that mental shield, and so I propose the following.

I am a habitual liar.

What I've just done is told you something that I probably couldn't say to my closest friends or relatives, due to the fear of being mistrusted.  I've probably just lost a little trust amongst you members of Veritas as well.  But, admittance is the first step to recovery...and it just makes me feel better admitting it.

I am encouraging you to publicly admit a fault of yours that you would normally not tell a soul, without fear of immature responces. (because none of you will write an immature responce, will you.)

It is for the general health of not only you, but for the community.

~Trowa_Sinclaire

May 16, 2006, 12:36:33 PM
Reply #1

Nick Bryson

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Just your normal insane teenager...
    • View Profile
I tend to exaggerate way too much and tend to regret the past more than most.  Like I literally beat myself in the head about the past.

Is it wrong? You betcha. Will I enjoy it immensly? You better believe it. - Azrael on OutPost Nine.

May 16, 2006, 02:32:23 PM
Reply #2

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
As much confidence as I have in my abilities I'm scared that if push-comes-to-shove, I won't act in the right way, or worse, I won't act at all, probably due to my fear of failure.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

May 16, 2006, 03:30:37 PM
Reply #3

Apricot

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I can be a huge jackass, and there are times when my anger is ridiculous. I'm also manipulative and enjoy playing politics though I'll complain about it.
I do little to change the above and just avoid situations that bring that side of me into the open.

Would it surprise you to learn I taste like strawberries?

May 16, 2006, 09:03:08 PM
Reply #4

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• B̮̜̳̲͕ͦ̍͟ͅe̡̋̈́ͬ̐ả̬̹̳̼̫̜̟͂͛ͣû̓͑̚t̀̉҉̤y̌͂

• View Profile
I have really bad self-confidence issues, and often doubt myself whatever I do. I also have anger issues, and fly off the handle pretty easy.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

May 16, 2006, 09:16:24 PM
Reply #5

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
I have a tendency to be rude and disconcerned, even when I dont really want to be.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

May 16, 2006, 10:33:03 PM
Reply #6

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I get pleasure from pitty though I try to avoid it, and don't know why. I seek it, but oppose it at the same time. I also tend to lack self confidence when I need it and fear not being able to meet standards in potential situations.

*and I can never be saticefied with a post the first bloody time around =P *
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:35:49 PM by Forg »
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

May 17, 2006, 01:41:34 AM
Reply #7

Bradly

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Love is key
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Child
I tend to say stuff for no other reason other than to get attention. Even tho what I say is what I believe to be the truth, I don't have to say it, if you know what I mean.

May 17, 2006, 04:45:28 AM
Reply #8

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Well I have low self esteem, and when people just say things even tho I don't really care, I still try and defend myself for no apprent reason, I also feel people some people here get annoyed with me and dislike me.
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

May 17, 2006, 07:28:10 AM
Reply #9

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
I have obsesive conpulsive dissorder..... So it makes me hard to follow in a conversation unless you are speaking to me face to face. But in typing its like decoding a spys' messege... Oh and I like to talk about food alot ^^
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

May 17, 2006, 05:08:53 PM
Reply #10

Emira

• A Familiar Feature

• El Mira - The Sight

• Personal Text
    Live. There is no plan B.
    • View Profile
I have a propensity to manipulate people.  I have this bizarre mental good vs evil complex and beat myself up mentally when I don't live up to my own moral standards (coincidentally, I don't care about other peoples moral standards however.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:12:44 PM by Emira »
“The purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts.” –The 14th Dali Llama

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1993/morrison-lecture.html

May 17, 2006, 10:10:46 PM
Reply #11

Warstar

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Take it up with Elvis if you don't like me
    • View Profile
I have a habit of analyzing a person to guess just how well they are able to fight, and normally incite said person right afterwards. I can't go three days without fulfilling the craving for the adrenaline rush and inflicting pain of combat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:29:47 AM by Warstar »
I'm not cruel, I just have a much bigger sword than you, and enjoy seeing people's heads roll like watermelons down a hill.

May 18, 2006, 05:28:13 AM
Reply #12

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I don't normally post in the Main Hall or the Cafateria but I do think its very important for the populace of Veritas to know that the leadership here, in my case as a teacher, that I am not perfect and I have a long list of faults.  I'm a workaholic and often do not want to spend time with people including my family.  I have a large ego and with that comes the low self esteem.  I'm overweight and consider myself unattractive.  I can be selfish and self centered and manipulative.  I have a tendency to talk down to people I don't consider on my level, especially in my work place.  I have very high standards so when someone doesnt meet my expectations, I can be rude and nasty.  I am insecure in many ways and am co-dependent.  I'm sure the list can go on forever but I believe its the realization of the faults and what we do with that that really counts.  Considering how I was 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago.  I feel I have evolved far but still have a long way to go.  I'm loving the journey!
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

May 19, 2006, 09:17:10 AM
Reply #13

Mystyk

• A Familiar Feature

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I have virtually no sympathy to peoples everyday problems or people who get themselfs into a situation, and come begging for help. I try to anilize every situation, usually 2 steps ahead of where I am at now, and It results in me loosing track of time. I also tend to put myself down to make other people appear better.

May 19, 2006, 12:24:18 PM
Reply #14

Sinew

• Personal Text
    shibby...
    • View Profile
I hardly ever finish things i start and im a ridiculous procrastinator.
He's Quagmire, Quagmire, you never really know what he's gonna do next. He's Quagmire, Quagmire, giggety giggety giggety giggety let's have sex  ;)