Author Topic: V-Library Tech Team  (Read 11199 times)

May 08, 2006, 04:37:21 PM
Reply #15

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
Good morning, I will be your driver for today.

Wheels are in motion. Soon there will be boards and things...
Or, I'll make them accessable soon. Just as soon as I finish with the permissions.

Have fun. :)

~Crowley

Edit: There you are. We appologise for any breaks in transmission during this transition. Have fun.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:03:24 AM by Crowley »

May 10, 2006, 09:28:19 AM
Reply #16

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I wouldn't mind helping, I spend most of the day on the net doing bugger all anyway, I won't be able to download books etc onto my computer, damn thing is pretty much full, gimme a couple of months and I should be able too.

I can learn wiki coding, im a fast learner and I also have a tiny bit of understanding in web coding anyway.

* know web coding (a Bit, not that much, but im always open to learn new things)
* have a love of reading (I like reading, I should read more)
* time to organize and look for more books (plenty of time, and remember when I started organising the mentors application forms and tidy up the inbox, I like things to be tidy and easy to have access too.

Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

May 11, 2006, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #17

Emira

• A Familiar Feature

• El Mira - The Sight

• Personal Text
    Live. There is no plan B.
    • View Profile
I'd like to help also.  :)
ďThe purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts.Ē ĖThe 14th Dali Llama

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1993/morrison-lecture.html

May 12, 2006, 06:56:44 AM
Reply #18

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I could probably start helping in about a month month or so but Work is becoming increasingly busy for me and I wont be able to do anything until I go on leave in june because all my stuff is back home and I would have to bring it down on disks so untill then not much I can do but I would be glad to help out in form or fashion.

May 12, 2006, 10:54:55 AM
Reply #19

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Currently we have 6 Members who are catagorizeing books. (thats alot of books per member) so, if anyone is wiling to sort through books and organize them, say so. If your not able to help out right now, don't say so. Just post when you are able. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but it just makes stuff a bit easier on the organization part.

Thanks,

Adept

May 16, 2006, 03:07:32 AM
Reply #20

Perfect Chaos Zero

• Settling In

• Robo-Librarian

• View Profile
Hey there Adept! When I contacted you about contributing all that Crowley stuff I'd found, you should of told me you were looking for people to help out with this stuff! I'd love to lend a hand! You know I'm more than willing, so whatever is needed, I'm willing to do my best, for the library's sake. I'm not all that great with web coding, but I do know a little... but I've got a very nice bit of webspace that is hosted by a personal friend of mine that CAN (and already does <.<) host copyrighted books and any other "pirate" material if deemed necissairy. I have time for organizing, I know the basic essentials of wiki coding (it's quite easy really) and I got the love of reading as well.

May 16, 2006, 04:16:54 AM
Reply #21

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
So where and how can I access this library?

May 24, 2006, 01:31:04 PM
Reply #22

Philosopher

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Bah.
    • View Profile
Iíll be up for helping just as soon as my exams are over, Iím taking a gap year before university, (well itís not really a gap year but lets not get in to that hear.) so essentially I have a year with virtually nothing to do.

Iíll get back to you once these dammed exams are done with.

June 09, 2006, 12:17:27 AM
Reply #23

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
So where and how can I access this library?

The library is being developed by the library team, consisting of people who have volunteered to help.  They are currently processing some 600+ MB worth of ebooks, and coordinating their efforts in the library team forum.  The contents will be made available once they are organized.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 13, 2006, 12:10:40 PM
Reply #24

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
I can help.

I know PHP + MySQL.

I can create new eBooks that aren't available that I have.

I have a server that has about 3GB of space I'm not using, and about 100GB of bandwidth a month i'm not using, it has a high speed connection.

June 13, 2006, 12:30:52 PM
Reply #25

Creature

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
    • View Profile
    • Creature's Sanctuary forum (rest of site under construction)
Yeah, I could help w/ hosting too 'cause I got a bunch of space and bandwidth that's sitting there doing nothing.  I might learn mySQL, since I had to take an SQL class last semester. (Hated it, but at least I could put it to some use w/ mySQL).
<Kanifer> America invented MTV. 
<Shadowarrior13> Kanifer, shut up.
<Shadowarrior13> We don't want them knowing that.

"If you American types don't start doing a better job of choosing presidents, we're going to have to revoke your independence..."
-- Philosopher

July 22, 2006, 05:25:57 AM
Reply #26

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
so when was the last time this place even got touched on?