Author Topic: A little help would be MUCH appreciated!  (Read 4820 times)

February 11, 2004, 01:28:27 PM
Reply #15

crow

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Well I think its possible to do with tk/pk but like most other people said it would take a LONG time. Monks can levitate!?!? wow im becomeing a monk! Jk i would also like to see evidence of that...
~crow

February 12, 2004, 09:53:26 AM
Reply #16

Kitai Kumo

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: Talyn
It is theoretically possible for you to lift yourself with psi (you can lift other objects, so why not yourself), but you would have to be able to lift your own body weight. Think of a man in a gym, he can lift what he has trained to lift, you train your mind to lift 500 pounds (that would take a GODAMN long time, but hey, it's possible given time), and you will be able to lift 500 pounds. But this is just a theory for obvious reasons.

From my knowledge, it is only possible to lift things that are not living with telekenises for reasons that I read in an article, although i forgot the article, if anyone knows of this article feel free to post it.  And another thing, with the whole man in the gym part.  Bruce lee was no more than 150 lbs when he died, and i dont even think he even weighed that much.  But he was able to lift 2 and half times his body weight, think about that.
But anyway-I believe that it is possible, but you have to be willing to train yourself to a high level if it even is possible.
~If one never gives up hope, then there is always hope to be found~
[/size]"Once you find a friend you keep that friend.  Friends dont die down, but build up"

February 12, 2004, 08:09:41 PM
Reply #17

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
A joke by Krishnamurti:

A young man leaves home to look for truth. He goes to a well-known guru who lives on the banks of the river. 'Please, sir,' he says to the old man, 'allow me to stay with you. I want to learn the truth from you.' And the guru agrees. And so he washes his clothes, cooks for him, and performs all kinds of tasks for the old teacher. After five years, he says to the master, 'I've spent five years with you but I still don't know the what the truth is and haven't learned a thing. So if you don't mind , I'll leave you. Perhaps I can find another teacher, from whom I can learn more about the truth.' 'I don't mind,' says the old man, 'go right ahead.' So the young chap goes off and finds several other gurus, from whom he learns various magic tricks.

After another five years have passed, he remembers his old teacher and goes to visit him. 'So what have you learned?' the old man asks him. And his former student tells him that he can walk on hot coals, levitate and so on. 'Is that all?' the guru asks. The young man points at the river in front of them and says proudly, 'And I can walk on the waters of that river to the opposite shore.' 'And it took you five years to learn that,' the old master exclaims, 'when over there, fifty yards from here, you can take the ferry boat across for twopence!'

I hope you get the point friend.

February 13, 2004, 12:57:13 AM
Reply #18

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: Kitai Kumo
Bruce lee was no more than 150 lbs when he died, and i dont even think he even weighed that much. But he was able to lift 2 and half times his body weight, think about that.
That wasn't my point. In fact, you just futhered my point. My pooint was that you have to train your muscles to be able to lift that amount of weight, the man in the gym was just the example that is probably the easiest for most to relate to.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

February 13, 2004, 01:52:39 AM
Reply #19

Alias1

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Void, nice joke. I get the point. 'Common' sense works wonders doesn't it? I think the aspiration behind PK for many is that they'd be able to move more with their mind that they can with their body. PK does not violate any laws of physics. That obviously means the laws of physics apply, but that seems to elude a lot of people. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. 500 lbs (just going with previously set example) is nothing to snicker at whether using mind or muscle. I guess the hope is that the mind can be trained faster and move more. When it comes down to it, most just like the novelty of said idea, but it would have its uses. Think of 9/11. Could have saved more people and lost less firemen at the Trade Center. Everything has a time and place.
May you live in interesting times.

"What?" - Arthur Dent