Author Topic: steriotypes  (Read 6285 times)

March 01, 2004, 06:16:12 AM
Reply #15

spirit

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • gaiaonline.com
i dont streotype. but everynow and then there will be a person i severly dislike from the begining with no apparent reason. its not there fault,i just pretty much hate them from the start.

March 01, 2004, 04:16:58 PM
Reply #16

Metaak11340

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game.org/realms
I get stereotyped all the times because I'm gothic, a skater, agnostic, and my ribs look weird...... Oh well I just put in some SlipKnot remember People=Sh!t.
"Aah," said the blind man peeing into the wind, "It's all comming back to me now."
Popwar Power :elephant:

Oh my gonads and strife: http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/squirrel.htm

March 07, 2004, 11:55:30 AM
Reply #17

Sim

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
IME I find yanks (do you mind being called that?) tend to stereo type us brits as one of two things.

A: Toffs (Posh)

or

B: Cocknies.

I think George W. Bush spurts a lot of shit, have you ever listened to one of his speeches... LMAO, I find them quite hilarious sometimes... The people who write his speeches are just in fits of laughter having a field day.

The real funny thing is if you ignore all the cock ups and listen to what he's actually saying... LMAO!

But before this turns into politics....

I stereotype all the time. Its easier than thinking.

English probably think us America's talk like our mouths full of shit also

Yup.
Sorry but I generally hate the accent (well texan accents anyway (sorry if anyone's from texas here...)), and how they like ours (w00t another stereotype :P)

I really want to try this:

American: Hi I l;ve your accent...
Me: Yeah well, I hate yours so I'll do the talking

:P

...again no offence intended (well not much...).
Philosophy is for those with imagination but no real knowledge - Me

"The 'paradox' is only a conflict between reality and your feeling of what reality 'ought to be'"
-Richard Feynman

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
-Max Planck

I'm a signature virus, copy me and help me spread!

March 07, 2004, 12:28:35 PM
Reply #18

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
While I agree that humanity sucks and People = Shit is a great song   :p  we are all just steorotyping right there, by saying that people suck. Only difference I admit it ;)

edit: Wonder what would happen if every single human on earth just commited suicide all at once... Maybe the aliens would take over earth!...

I think it's time for me to do some philosophizing  :elephant:

March 07, 2004, 12:41:40 PM
Reply #19

Unreal Darkness

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
steriotyping is a form of stupidity in one of its most blunt, easy-to-see forms;

is there any reasoning to insult/hate someone meerely because of their appearance, beliefs, etc.? no, there is not; because if you do..then in your thinking, it would be ok for someone to slur you for your heritage and such, and you would be ok with that because it would fit in with your dumbshitted logic..right? no, you would be pissed off and you know it  :cow:

i have a philosophy and i believe it can be integrated into most sittuations,

i will not hate someone meerely on their skin tone, beliefs, sexual preference or anything else..for that all differentiates me myself from others...instead i will hate someone because of their actions..for actions are what the person of whom i hate does to make me hate them so

basically..if you're a jerk, i dont care if you're blue, black, purple, white, tan; gay, bi, straight; christian, buddhist, atheist; whatever..if you're a jerk i will call you one and treat you as such  :p

Metaak11340- yes, i know i get the same exact  shit for my beliefs and my appearance; only i turn up KoRn and tell myself people=shit ^_^

DD-lmao..

As always, a pleasure speaking with you all
-Unreal Darkness  :cow:
"a warrior is judged not by how many lives he takes, but rather how many he saves"

"teach me and i may forget
show me and i may remember
involve me and i will understand"

"the greatest happiness is when the one you love is happy"

ph34r my bright underpants !
ima quote that...
lol
hehe

March 08, 2004, 09:38:11 AM
Reply #20

Metaak11340

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game.org/realms
I find it odd how black people (Don't want to offend anyone) call each other niggers and white people crackers but ............. nevermind I don't want to die.  We were just talking about it in school today is all.
"Aah," said the blind man peeing into the wind, "It's all comming back to me now."
Popwar Power :elephant:

Oh my gonads and strife: http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/squirrel.htm

March 08, 2004, 09:52:01 AM
Reply #21

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
you got your whites and your redneck crackers,
 as you have your blacks and your niggers. I was born in the southern US of A. and learned athat there all types of people, its what you put behind that word that makes it steretypical.
And i for one am stereotyped all the time by the way i look with all my tattoo's but i dont givea shit what people think of what i look like. That is one of the reasons i got them to say Hay im different and i dont want to be like tha masses. So fuc people who are judgemental based on looks. Karma will get them in time
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended