Author Topic: steriotypes  (Read 6282 times)

February 06, 2004, 01:16:27 AM
Read 6282 times

tiny

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
why do people steriotype others ? plus i wont to know what people in other contrys think us englich are like steriotypicly
i dont have a fear of death i just dont whant to be there when it happens
 :teethy:

who ever ses nuthing is imposible never tryed slaming a revolving door
 :cow:

"we r just a bunch of stoned exentric  wezzing illitrate lardy basterds" bill baley about the uk  
  :elephant:

February 06, 2004, 06:05:42 AM
Reply #1

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
people stereotype because the have nothing better to do with their lives, people stereotype because they ,well the just dont have any existance worth talking about, needless to say people who stereotype others are fucin morons and it the majority of society that sets stereotypes. When people see me im usually stereotyped by the way i look. Which i dont mind because it keeps those kind of people i dont like away from and they keep at a distance because they only see my outside and not my inside. And yes i stereotype to a point but usually its just because im bored. Not dislikeling the person for their differences.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

February 06, 2004, 07:56:26 AM
Reply #2

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
I remember a quote (or the basic premise of the quote anyhoo), from a guy named 'Laroush Vucoh' (spelling?). I'm pretty sure it was "He who never sees the flaws in himself has no right to see the flaws in others" or "He who only sees the flaws in others will never see the flaws in himself" I can't remember which one it was closer to. If soembody knows, do tell.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

February 06, 2004, 12:24:13 PM
Reply #3

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
because it's easier to think of people in groups than as huge masses of individuals. plus, it's easier to blame groups, and people just LOVE blaming other people for stuff the other people aren't responsible for :/

it's called, human stupidity

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

February 06, 2004, 01:33:38 PM
Reply #4

Viendin

• Veritas Furniture

• Writer-Scholar-Fighter

• Personal Text
    Writer-Scholar-Fighter
    • View Profile
I stereotype too much..

I do it on grounds of beliefs though, not on grounds of appearance.

Example, there is the classic DBZer. I stereotype most people who want to turn super saiyan as morons, and brand them as DBZers, you occasionally get an odd-ball with some sense, or whose faking it, or something, but generally, you can stereotype that way.

As for the whole 'Italians are Mobsters' kind of stereotyping, I haven't got any of that going on.
Deep in the dark woods, the grey wind blows.
How did it come there, not a soul knows.
Whence it shall leave, and all it shall cleave
are yet to be seen, as further time goes.

http://wammmr.ath.cx/

February 06, 2004, 02:14:12 PM
Reply #5

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
2 words : People Suck  :cow:

February 06, 2004, 04:51:39 PM
Reply #6

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
yes a human race we are pretty stupid at times. Some are more stupid than others. But to see only others flaws and not your own only makes that person peice of shit in my book. I see flaws in all, even myself most of all. But to judge and stereotype people is for people with no life, therefore they are nothing and what they say doesnt mean shit in my book. I hate others who only see what they want to see and not what is really in front of their faces. People can be shits and prove it everyday.

February 12, 2004, 04:31:31 PM
Reply #7

blindlytrue

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
people are stereotype because they are afraid of anything different from them because that may mean change and they don't want that. i know things like home country and heritage don't seem to make much sense as a stereotype but little things can trigger a subconscious(spelling?) reaction.

on a lighter note i find it hilarious to act out stereotypes to the stereotypical people just to royally piss them off.

and tiny here in the US a lot of people joke about you being stuck up or having pretty bad food, but it's normally just jokes though. most of us know you arent really that much different than us, if an different at all.

February 13, 2004, 02:02:58 AM
Reply #8

tiny

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
yea i could see how us brits could be seen as stuck up piff piff
which is any thing but spiffing old chap its the queen shes englich and stuck up so every body thinks were like her which were not

i wonder how many steriotypes are true for example we brits see the germans are a sausage eating nation that like heiry ladys and you cant mention the war in front of (if you have seen fawlty towers you well undersand that last bit) or the wold cup of 66 or the numbers 5-1

non of the above is ment to ofend any body it just a joke like this  :elephant:

"we r just a bunch of stoned exentric  wezzing illitrate lardy basterds" bill baley about the uk  

February 13, 2004, 03:51:05 PM
Reply #9

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
no offence intended but i find watching the BBC america channel, which i love. Hard to uinderstand sometimes cause it sounds like you english talk like you mouth is full of something all the time. My stereotype of you english folk. But then again you English probably think us America's talk like our mouths full of shit also. LOL  well i spout alot of shit LOL. remeber no offence. But look at it this way i can understand your typing very well. LOL

February 14, 2004, 03:04:57 PM
Reply #10

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
I think George W. Bush spurts a lot of shit, have you ever listened to one of his speeches... LMAO, I find them quite hilarious sometimes... The people who write his speeches are just in fits of laughter having a field day.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

February 24, 2004, 01:46:52 AM
Reply #11

tiny

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
yes he dose speek shit but it s evan funier if you have seen the deed ringers inpresion of him 'hello my follow umbreler stands'

February 25, 2004, 09:43:17 AM
Reply #12

spirit

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • gaiaonline.com
i think stereo types are based on people who have done something, then that nationality is pretty much what that person was

February 25, 2004, 10:47:09 AM
Reply #13

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
*walks around on clogs, in a farmers' suit, carrying a bunch of tulips*
*is stared at*

...what?
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

February 25, 2004, 01:37:46 PM
Reply #14

psion juggalo

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
i stereotype alot.at least my stereotyping usualy turns out true.the way i do it is: people suck.i dont like them they probably dont like me.end of story.now when i get to actually know them it usualy turns into a great dislike of them,or a slight friendship is started,but the latter rarely happens.oh well,im fine with what i got
oh well,i tried
yes you did, and you failed. so let this be a lesson to all the little kids: never try ^_^

dude.  learn from The Punisher.  someone fucks with you, you start blowing shit up.