Author Topic: When is there a new class?  (Read 11036 times)

May 17, 2006, 05:18:25 PM
Reply #15

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Prophecy, the teacher of the magic classes, has left to work on his own studies again.  Unless a class were to be ran by the graduates of the first class again, which I don't know how likely that would be, there won't be another class for a long while.

When the magic class starts up again, there will be a public announcement, which you will be able to find in this forum.  I doubt that you will be able to miss it.  Until then, please consider looking over the articles in the Magic Articles section, looking over the recommended reading list, and checking out our E-book collection.

May 20, 2006, 09:05:28 AM
Reply #16

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
I would like to point out that the Library is undergoing  a complete overhaul. Stay Tuned....

The Library Ghost

May 22, 2006, 10:06:41 AM
Reply #17

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
*me dances around to white strips seven nation army* Magic class might as well try another application even thought my chances are slim to get into it...
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

June 13, 2006, 03:57:45 PM
Reply #18

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Mmm...I feel slow. I never knew vsociety had a library...lol.
“I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.”

July 18, 2006, 07:55:32 PM
Reply #19

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
The tentative date for the beginning of the application process for the next run of the magic classes will likely be towards the middle of September.  In turn this means the actual beginning of the classes should be towards the middle of October, most likely ending some time in late April or early May.  This is all tentative however; lately I have been putting a great deal of focus towards the internal affairs of Veritas and the composition of two books, which has yet to leave me with a desirable amount of time to review and revamp the course lessons and structure.  I am hoping to begin doing this in the next two weeks, meaning that ideally everything should be set and ready to go when applications start circling.  I can assure you when the applications are posted it will be impossible for you to miss them; they recieve ample publicity each year. 

July 23, 2006, 08:26:13 AM
Reply #20

TheThing

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
 and the composition of two books,
Are you writing any books?
TheThings's Flatmate.

July 24, 2006, 11:31:14 AM
Reply #21

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
and the composition of two books,
Are you writing any books?

Yes, I am writing two books.  At the moment their tentative titles are "Philosophies of Hermetic Science" and "Thoughts on Occultism."  The former will be made of entirely new material for the most part, though spliced into it will be a highly extended and revamped version of my Treatise on Elemental Magic.  It will contain largely philosophical ideas present in hermeticism, but will also have a revealing section of practical work.  The latter book, Thoughts on Occultism, will be a less coherent book with no exact order.  Instead it will be a semi-organized compilation of the many articles I have written over the years, all of which have been edited, revamped and extended (Ars Anima Gladius and ToEM excluded).  At the moment I have written 93 pages for Philosophies of Hermetic Science, and about 280 for Thoughts on Occultism.  I am hoping to release them both simultaneously, but if this is not possible then Thoughts on Occultism will be released first, followed quickly by Philosophies of Hermetic Science.  The hardcopies of these books will likely be around $30, but they will both be presented for free in electronic format to the Veritas Community. 

July 25, 2006, 02:02:42 AM
Reply #22

TheThing

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
 :) Mayan dances a little jig.
TheThings's Flatmate.