Author Topic: Spirituality Chatroom  (Read 11270 times)

February 06, 2006, 01:16:20 PM
Read 11270 times

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
For those of you who don't all ready know, and those who forgot we have a spirituality  chatroom especially for....spirituality! A place for openness to thrive :)

The chat is #transcendence and for those of you unfamiliar with the chat just type /join #transcendence to access it.

Hope to see you there...
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

February 14, 2006, 12:53:25 PM
Reply #1

Lord Oros

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Chaos; Ordered
    • View Profile
Outgrow that which binds you :p

February 14, 2006, 03:16:23 PM
Reply #2

tachyonxv

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    psion
    • View Profile
Indeed, though where to ;) Whelcome back Cheznips^H^H^H^H^H^HOros  :teethy: :teethy: :teethy: :teethy: :biggrin: As usual, just type /join #transcendence. anyways......
We want to know the truth about reincarnation, we want proof of the survival of the soul, we listen to the assertion of clairvoyants and to the conclusions of psychical research, but we never ask, never, how to live.

November 29, 2007, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #3

Argetlam42

• View Profile
It may be a little late to reply but here goes: Do you, the person reading this right now, believe that it is possible to be spiritual but not religious? I often feel spiritual, but sometimes I'm not comfortable with the idea of an all-powerful God, especially one who made his latest appearance more than two thousand years ago. I'd rather pursue a more private, personal journey of spirituality, and try to nurture the soul I know is inside of me instead of giving myself to some ambiguous deity who may or may not exist
† "And freedom, oh freedom, now that's just some people talking. Your prison is walking through this world all alone." †

† The Eagles, 'Desperado'. †

November 30, 2007, 08:23:19 AM
Reply #4

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I'd suggest making a new topic for that question.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 25, 2008, 01:10:32 PM
Reply #5

Lord Oros

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Chaos; Ordered
    • View Profile
Rebirth is an important aspect in spiritual development.

July 30, 2008, 11:35:26 AM
Reply #6

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

July 30, 2008, 11:37:36 AM
Reply #7

Lord Oros

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Chaos; Ordered
    • View Profile
which server?
It's the same server as the other channels, irc.sorcery.net

Also, I founded the original #Transcendence so feel free to throw me any questions.

July 30, 2008, 11:43:41 AM
Reply #8

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

November 04, 2010, 08:29:26 PM
Reply #9

rudtmed

• View Profile
Dear all....

i would like to ask : does anybody have ebook from "joanna Macy", "David Loy" and "Vandana Shiva"?.... if yes, please send me the download link...thanks...

here is the ebook that i want to find :
books by joanna macy

pass it on
world as lover, world as self
dharma and development
widening circles
in praise of mortality
coming back to life: practices to reconnect our lives, our world
thinking like a mountain : toward a council of all beings
mutual causality in buddhism and genereal system theory : the dharma of livng systems

books by david loy :
    * Nonduality: A Study in Comparative Philosophy, New Haven, Conn: Yale University Press, 1988. Reviewed by Robert Zeuschner[3] and by Karl H. Potter.[4]
    * Lack and Transcendence: The Problem of Death and Life in Psychotherapy, Existentialism, and Buddhism, Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey: Humanities Press, 1996 (review review 2)
      The World Is Made of Stories
   * The Great Awakening: A Buddhist Social Theory (Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2003)
    * The Dharma of Dragons and Daemons: Buddhist Themes in Modern Fantasy (Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2004) ISBN 0861714768. Co-authored with his wife Linda Goodhew.
    * Money, Sex, War, Karma: Notes for a Buddhist Revolution (Wisdom Publications March 10, 2008)

books by vandana shiva :
# 1981, Social Economic and Ecological Impact of Social Forestry in Kolar, Vandana Shiva, H.C. Sharatchandra, J. Banyopadhyay, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
# 1988, Staying Alive: Women, Ecology and Survival in India, Zed Press, New Delhi, ISBN 0-86232-823-3
# 1991, Ecology and the Politics of Survival: Conflicts Over Natural Resources in India, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, California, ISBN 0-8039-9672-1
# 1992, The Violence of the Green Revolution: Ecological degradation and political conflict in Punjab, Zed Press, New Delhi
# 1992, Biodiversity: Social and Ecological Perspectives (editor); Zed Press, United Kingdom
# 1993, Women, Ecology and Health: Rebuilding Connections (editor), Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation and Kali for Women, New Delhi
# 1993, Monocultures of the Mind: Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Agriculture, Zed Press, New Delhi
# 1993, Ecofeminism, Maria Mies and Vandana Shiva, Fernwood Publications, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, ISBN 1-895686-28-8
# 1994, Close to Home: Women Reconnect Ecology, Health and Development Worldwide, Earthscan, London, ISBN 0-86571-264-6
# 1995, Biopolitics (with Ingunn Moser), Zed Books, United Kingdom
# 1997, Biopiracy: the Plunder of Nature and Knowledge, South End Press, Cambridge Massachusetts, I ISBN 1-896357-11-3
# 1999, Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply, South End Press, Cambridge Massachusetts, ISBN 0-89608-608-9
# 2000, Tomorrow's Biodiversity, Thames and Hudson, London, ISBN 0-500-28239-0
# 2001, Patents, Myths and Reality, Penguin India
# 2002, Water Wars; Privatization, Pollution, and Profit, South End Press, Cambridge Massachusetts
# 2005, Globalization's New Wars: Seed, Water and Life Forms Women Unlimited, New Delhi, ISBN 81-88965-17-0
# 2005, Breakfast of Biodiversity: the Political Ecology of Rain Forest Destruction, ISBN 0-935028-96-X
# 2005, Earth Democracy; Justice, Sustainability, and Peace, South End Press, ISBN 0-89608-745-X
# 2007, Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed, editor, South End Press ISBN 978-0-89608-777-4
# 2008, Soil Not Oil, South End Press ISBN 978-0-89608-782-8

Thanks very much... :)

Regards
Rudy