Author Topic: A note to the staff of Veritas  (Read 18320 times)

February 12, 2006, 10:04:49 PM
Reply #90

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Ja, Prophecy is admin. I think someone once said Solstice was too, but I dont think that's right. But, yeah, whatever. =]
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

February 12, 2006, 10:41:03 PM
Reply #91

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the only members of Veritas who are currently technically "administrators" are kobok and Crowley.

February 13, 2006, 01:10:32 AM
Reply #92

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
o.O

Really? I could've sworn all the Council were admins. >_>

And when did Crowley become an admin. O_O'

I am so out of it. =P

February 13, 2006, 01:39:37 AM
Reply #93

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The confusion comes because the word "administrator" has nothing to do with the structure of authority at Veritas.  The council makes all the top level decisions, with suggestions, input, and sometimes even straw polling of the staff or member base.  The teachers are in charge of deciding what material goes into the article base, and the mods are in charge of keeping an eye on the place, guiding discussions back to productivity, and of course, moderating the forums and chat.

The software has been writing "Administrator" to the left side of some users, but this has nothing to do with actual authority.  It's simply a label the software places on the people who are handling certain technical administrative tasks.  See the staff list:

http://vsociety.net/wiki/Veritas_staff

for a list of who the current council, teachers, and mods are.  The people under "Tech team" (currently Crowley and myself) are the people who are currently taking care of technical tasks such as adding and removing members from membergroups, upgrading software for bug fixes, and so forth.  The decisions of who to add and remove are made by council for the groups such as council, teachers, and mods, and are made by the existing mentors for who the mentors will be.  Since this has become a source of confusion, I just relabeled what the software was writing from "Administrator" to "Tech Team".  So now you will note, no one's status says "Administrator", because we don't actually have such a category.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 13, 2006, 02:06:37 AM
Reply #94

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
You know, that makes it considerably more confusing. =P But I think I get it. Just one final question - in terms of administrative powers (ie, a mod can only do so much compared to an admin), is there anyone else besides the 'Tech Team' who has such?

March 02, 2006, 05:18:26 PM
Reply #95

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Dude...why do people keep thinking i'm on staff? lol First Creach and now AW

XD

March 08, 2006, 04:41:42 PM
Reply #96

Vox Nocti

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
"I'd like to apologize in advance for anything that I may say or do that could be construed as offensive as I slowly go NUTS." (Col. Jack 'O Neill, Stargate sg-1)

Ashrak: "And you are considered...well, a pain in the nikta"
'O Neill: "Neck?"
Teal'c: "No."

March 08, 2006, 04:51:00 PM
Reply #97

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile

March 08, 2006, 09:40:42 PM
Reply #98

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

March 08, 2006, 11:34:12 PM
Reply #99

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
You know, that makes it considerably more confusing. =P But I think I get it. Just one final question - in terms of administrative powers (ie, a mod can only do so much compared to an admin), is there anyone else besides the 'Tech Team' who has such?
I run free and wild where I want. 
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche  :elephant:
But I am not a power trippin fool
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

March 12, 2006, 07:45:33 PM
Reply #100

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
How DARE you consider yourselves to be in the position to tell others how to live, how dare you EVER tell ANYONE that they will amount to nothing.
No one here does, which is why he was banned and not allowed to stay.

Quote from: Forg
single thread that is produced
Actually, I read pretty much every post in the boards I frequent.  Your loss.

Kak, the problem comes in when the staff think they are better then the non-staff members simply BECAUSE they are staff.
Anyone who proclaims to know what someone else is thinking like that are the ones with the control issues.  Do YOU feel superior to others, only to be threatened so easily?

Quote from: DownRodeo
One massive disfuctional Family.
eew, incest!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:24:02 PM by solstice »
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

March 13, 2006, 08:34:05 PM
Reply #101

Creature

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
    • View Profile
    • Creature's Sanctuary forum (rest of site under construction)
Anyone who proclaims to know what someone else is thinking like that are the ones with the control issues.  Do YOU feel superior to others, only to be threatened so easily?

No dear, just observant. ;)
<Kanifer> America invented MTV. 
<Shadowarrior13> Kanifer, shut up.
<Shadowarrior13> We don't want them knowing that.

"If you American types don't start doing a better job of choosing presidents, we're going to have to revoke your independence..."
-- Philosopher