Author Topic: Desiring a Mentor  (Read 3164 times)

November 26, 2005, 07:06:02 PM
Read 3164 times

Fromadistance

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    He comes from a distance.
    • View Profile
Just on the record, I did write an app and send it into mentors, but the people posting here seem to be having more success, so I thought I'd give that a try.

My name is Chris, I run on Eastern Standard Time.  I'm 17 years old.

I am most interested in studying magic here at veritas.  That is the prime area I would like to develop skills in.  I'm not quite sure which area of magic to begin in, perhaps Elementalism because Prophecy recommends that and wrote a great article on it.  I am flexible on that, however.  I would also like to do some body energy arts work, specifically qigong, and some telepathy, but those are both secondary concerns, and if no mentor is willing to help me with either of those, I can surely find my way with the articles posted here.

By other interests I assume you mean outside of metaphysics.  I am interested in playing and watching sports, physical conditioning, reading, friends, TV, video games, tennis, writing, partying, and driving.

I am applying to the mentor program because I'm finding it very difficult to begin my path in magic.  In fact, I've dabbling in begginning magic for about 6 months now, but I never really jumped into it because I feel overwhelmed by all that is out there.  I would like a little guidance here in the beginning, and hopefully beyond, so I can maximize the results of my efforts in the study.

I will work hard and do my best to advance quickly.  I am honest and hopefully at least mildly intelligent.  Please consider this application.

Thank you in advance,
Fromadistance/Chris

November 26, 2005, 07:16:35 PM
Reply #1

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Well Chris, im here if you need any help on psionics (telepathy).

Just pm me or talk to me on chat. or you can normally catch me on msn. tornado_dan@hotmail.com
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

November 27, 2005, 09:57:50 AM
Reply #2

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
We do not currently have anyone mentoring in this area, unless ChezNips would like to give you some insite on magick. I, though, don't know the extent of her knowledge on the subject.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

November 27, 2005, 12:02:02 PM
Reply #3

Fromadistance

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies.
Falcon, I guess I'll take you up on the telepathy offer.

Thanks

November 27, 2005, 04:36:43 PM
Reply #4

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
you don't have to if you don't want to, it's completely your choice.
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

November 28, 2005, 10:06:30 AM
Reply #5

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
I'll mentor you in qi gong, but I'll need to know what style of qi gong you would prefer. If you don't know what each system offers, just tell me what you wish to attain through your qi gong training.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

November 28, 2005, 02:22:04 PM
Reply #6

Fromadistance

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for all of the replies, but a mentor (Shadowarrior) offered to take me on as a mentee yesterday, prior to these messages being posted.
Thanks for the offers anyways.  And sorry, I probably should have posted that yesterday when that occured.

Fromadistance