Author Topic: ps2 is beter than gamecube  (Read 7560 times)

January 30, 2004, 05:47:03 PM
Reply #15

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I've only compared Gamecube and X-Box, and even then it was a crappy comparison .The only thing I can put my opinion on is the controller. I thoguth the Gamecube controller was horrible. It seemed awkward and fucked up in my hand, whereas to me the smaller X-Box controller (I have small hands) seemed to fit perfectly and was a LOT more comfortable. I only got to play something like Mario Kart on Gamecube whereas I'd played Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Lord of the Rings, Medal of Honour and a few others on X-Box. The only one which I found disappointing was Medal of Honour. I liked all the others, though. Mario Kart (If that was what the game was) was pretty pathetic though. That's my opinion, though. I dont actually own either of htem, so technically I'm not biased =P
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

January 30, 2004, 05:58:28 PM
Reply #16

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
So technicly...you dont know what your talking about? Mostly because you put one game against like 6, all of which (cept one) could be playd on any other console.

EDIT-  I forgot. Better graphics dont mean squat if the games suck... A built in hardrive...thats what a computer is for :P

January 30, 2004, 06:00:47 PM
Reply #17

VitalDragon

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Based on power and graphics the PS2 is better. PS2 can do more things, but Gamecube has some good games also.

January 30, 2004, 06:04:52 PM
Reply #18

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

January 30, 2004, 06:08:35 PM
Reply #19

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
No LightLink - I know exactly what I'm talking about. My opinion on the controller is in no way invalid, because it doesnt matter how many games you play with it - you can still tell whether it's uncomfortable. And I have played games for things like PS, N64 and other such things a while back and have seen people play other games for PS2, X-Box, Gamecube etc so I know what they're like - therefore the opinion on the games are also valid. So shutup, bitch.

January 30, 2004, 06:19:09 PM
Reply #20

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Thats completly wrong

based on power and graphics, Xbox is the best. But like I said, it doesnt matter unless the games are good.

Tsu- WTF? Your so sad sometimes. I said nothing about the controller. Your right about it, since controller prefference is up to the individual.

And I have played games for things like PS, N64 and other such things a while back and have seen people play other games for PS2, X-Box, Gamecube etc so I know what they're like - therefore the opinion on the games are also valid.

Old consoles dont matter...this isnt about the PS or N64. If you havnt playd games For the PS2 or X-box and GC then how do you know? Games are totaly different when you actualy PLAY them. Looking means nothing. A game could be the best in the world when you play, but suck when you look. So, I dissagree, your opinion is not realy valid.

Whats with the cursing? Sheesh, your such a little baby sometimes...

January 30, 2004, 06:23:08 PM
Reply #21

VitalDragon

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from: LightLink
Thats completly wrong

based on power and graphics, Xbox is the best. But like I said, it doesnt matter unless the games are good.

I was specifically comparing GameCube and PS2, I never said PS2 was best, just better.

January 30, 2004, 06:29:04 PM
Reply #22

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The offence is overwhelming, I think I might collapse from it. How dare you call me a little baby, it's just so insulting. Oh God, I think I might cry. -_-

You did say something about the controller, actually - in a previous post you said that the controller for the X-Box was bad whereas one of the others (cant be bothered checking) was good. I disagreed, and posted so, so fucking sue me.

I disagree again. If someone played only gameboy games and then moved on to a couple of X-Box games he might think they suddenly kick ass. If he had played games on a more recent console, he'd have a better comparison. Thus older consoles and games etc DO have an effect on it for comparison purposes.

Also note that a game isnt as good without good graphics etc as well. You can't have one part and not the other. A good console requires all of it, not just bits and pieces. Imagine games like Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft etc. No matter how good they are, if you throw on graphics like FF1 they suddenly suck.

The concept of looking wasn't so much about how it feels but more about how it looks, the type of game etc. If you can't tell jackshit about a game just by looking, how can people determine what games are good and which are bad from ads on TV, watching other people or the boxes. Dont tell me I'm the only one who can actually do that! PLEASE dont tell me you buy every single game in the store THEN decide which is good after playing them all!

January 30, 2004, 06:40:07 PM
Reply #23

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Don't worry Tsu, you're not alone, hehe. I too beleive that a truly good game requires a mix of good qualities, and that you can't just judge a game by the people who play it, or how TV makes it come off as.

For Example: Personally, I am sick and tired of people saying that Pokemon is but a stupid child's game. People only say that because they usually see children playing it. Little do they know that it actually is and intricate RPG, and most of the little kids playing it have no idea what the hell they are doing. A game like pokemon takes a lot of strategy, tactics, and good judgement. When someone battles with their own pokemon, it reflects their strategy and skill, for players raise their pokemon to suite their style and strategy of battling blah blah, etc. Most people don't even bother to try to see this, and just kick good games like pokemon to the side just because they seem kiddy. (Don't even get me started on TLoZ: The Wind Waker, I just want to strangle someone when they start to diss that game.)

Most people blindly beleive that some sort of gothic action game with demons or guns is good -_- Sure devil may cry was good, but it wasn't just because it was rated M.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

January 30, 2004, 07:02:12 PM
Reply #24

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
well tsu, what I ment, was that I said nothing about the contoler to make you talk about how valid it was before. I didnt question its validity but you just started talking about it like I said it was wrong. SO umm why? If you were replying to me, and then I DIDNT reply to you about it, why did you start talking about it agian?

Do any consoles have all of it? NO. I just prefer better games over better graphics. The Xbox is so expensive for the little extra graphic boosts it gives. However sometimes the graphic difference is a lot better, most of the time its not.

I buy games based on X-play on TechTV. If they say its good, its most likely good. I dont pay attention to TV, since they dont tell much IMO.

one last thing

I disagree again. If someone played only gameboy games and then moved on to a couple of X-Box games he might think they suddenly kick ass. If he had played games on a more recent console, he'd have a better comparison. Thus older consoles and games etc DO have an effect on it for comparison purposes.

That makes not sence...well it does, but has nothing to do with anything, unless im missing something...

February 01, 2004, 05:49:18 PM
Reply #25

MaceMan

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    o rly?
    • View Profile
    • http://maceman.info
Actualy, the PS2, OVERALL, is the best, mainly because it has more games.

February 01, 2004, 06:46:17 PM
Reply #26

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
I agree... PS2 owns  :elephant:
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

February 01, 2004, 07:24:49 PM
Reply #27

Viendin

• Veritas Furniture

• Writer-Scholar-Fighter

• Personal Text
    Writer-Scholar-Fighter
    • View Profile
Oh shut up! The lot of you! This is truly saddening!

Here. These are the real specs of the 3 systems. This shows beyond a doubt that the XB is superior by means of power, with the GC and PS2 commonly defeating each other. They are for most purposes equal. This chart is quoted from Electronic Gaming Monthly, #139, February 2001. The reason the GCN has so many N/A's is because the PS2 was out, the XB was specially given to these guys for review and test purposes, and the GCN was a myth across the seas. The slanting is actually a bit against the GCN here, as these specs are real in game tests for it, for the XB and PS2, these are all theoretical maximums. Know what that means? Where the GCN has 6-12 Million, that's actually what it was showing on a game, the PS2's 66 is the absolute breaching limit for the system, just as 125 Mil is for the XB. GCN is estimated to surpass the PS2 by a ways, as its custom ATI graphics chip is superior to the Playstation 2's Emotion Engine in both power and ease of development. People hate developing for the PS2. Really. I don't mean 'wowx0rs, that chip r0xX0rs URs! PS2 BLOWS!!!1!11' I mean the GCN just has higher capabilities.

.....................X Box.....................PS2...................GCN....................
............................................................................... ....................
CPU..............733 MHz..............294.912MHz...........405MHz.................
............................................................................... ....................
Graphics....nVidia250MHz ..........147.456MHz...........202.5MHz...............
Processing..................................................................... ................
Total............64MB.......................40MB..................43MB......... ......... Memory......................................................................... ................
Polygon....125 Million/sec.........66 Million/ Sec.......6-12Million/Sec*........
Performance.................................................................... ...............
Particle........125 M/s..................150M/s...................N/A...................
Performance.................................................................... ..............
Compressed...Yes (6:1)..................No......................N/A...................
Textures....................................................................... ................
Storage........2-5x DVD,................4X DVD................1.5GB Disc...........
Medium.....HD8GB,8MBCard..........8MBCard.................4&64MB..............
............................................................................Car ds...............
Audio.......................................................................... .................
Channels.......256.........................48..........................64...... ...........
............................................................................... ...................
3D Audio.....Yes(64 Chan).............No.........................N/A.................
............................................................................... ...................
Broadband......Yes....................Upgradeable................N/A................
DVD Player....Special Remote...........Yes.......................No.................
Max Res..........1920*1080............1280*1024...............N/A.................
Launched(US).....Fall 2001.............October 2000.......October 2001.......

Around the release of the GCN/XB, the PS2 was celebrating its nearing of 2000 playable games. That is because it is reverse compatible, and because they lent out cheap development to a lot of people. Really. They didn't play the normal dev game, they hyped up game making with the tactic that the more stones you throw, the likelier you are to hit the bird. With games like Splinter Cell, Ratchet & Clank, Tribes 2, Jak & Daxter, etc.. They hit. They hit hard. Then there's all that other shit they've got, you know, the stuff that fills the $10 bins at Wal-Mart that you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot long Gaming Pole? That's greatly their fault.

The GCN has the Gaming World's #1, the almighty Miyamoto, Our Sungod. He is likely one of the most creative men on earth. While people balk at Wind Waker, Pikmin, Wario Ware, and other examples of his genius, a great many of us aren't idiots. However, that is a matter of taste. The GCN has plenty of great games, and you don't nearly have to sort through the shit.

The XB, the new guy, has been hazed and hazed, from Penny Arcade's 1100 lb bear joke, to criticism over the NEW controller, to bad-game jokes, to console size jokes, lots and lots of hazing. In the end of it all, we're left with this.

KOTOR, Halo, & Fable. They have Rare working for them, Rare made the Banjo Games, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark. They have Bungie working for them, Bungie made Myth(I & II), Halo, and Oni. The XB has Crimson Skies, Rainbow 6: 3, and Links 2004. You can NOT say that the X Box does not have the games. You can NOT say it does not have the power. You can NOT say it does not have the potential. All you can say is that it doesn't feel right, and that accounts for dip diddly shit.

Now you'll want to turn to Sales specs. The GCN, roughly 10-12 M consoles. The XB, roughly 10-12 M consoles, not quite sure which is really leading, but they're very damned close. The PS2 pulls away like a god here, with about 50 M copies sold. This is worldwide specs. The PS2 also has a possible rate of defect at up to 1 in 40, that is sick. Like I said, they toned down quality for their quantity here people.

Overall, you can say whatever you want. Whatever you say, back it the hell up. These posts are disgraces to the gaming community:

the ps2 is beter than the gamecube cause the ps2 rules

relly? I thought it went xbox and gamecube > All

i will admit the xbox is beter than the ps2 but not the gamecube the gamecube sucks

ps2 is the best, and always has been.

falcon your a idiot and don't know what your talking about unlike neo who knows what his on about

You have names. Those would be FANBOYS. Fanboys are the undisputably hated wannabes of the gaming community. There is a name for those of us who don't hate, or even dislike any one system. A name for those of us who have preferences but not prejudices, and what we do have is based on facts and experience. That name is gamer. AND I AM GAMERIAN. (Note: Canadian joke.)

So please, never, ever, EVER do something along the lines of this topic again. It causes pointless hostility, and has no basis in relity whatsoever. An open debate about what systems are best and why is fine, but when you just insult whoever opposes you, it isn't a debate. What is it kids?

A Flame War!

That's right. And Pool or no, we don't condone flame wars. I'm locking this. If another mod sees fit to post a reply, or to change that, It is fine with me, but they should be held accountable when someone decides to A) Hate Veritas and its people, or B) Start using words like ph43R and w00t in a manner of unjokliness.
Deep in the dark woods, the grey wind blows.
How did it come there, not a soul knows.
Whence it shall leave, and all it shall cleave
are yet to be seen, as further time goes.

http://wammmr.ath.cx/