Author Topic: Personal Messages missing yet counted for.  (Read 3486 times)

October 17, 2005, 03:56:48 PM
Read 3486 times

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
The link at the top of my pages (while logged in) which says " Hey, kakkarot, you have 46 messages, 0 are new. " is either incorrectly counting or the personal messages page is not showing them because I only see 7 messages and yet it lists 4 pages worth of content. The other three pages show no messages. And I can't find a "only show messages up to x days old" option anywhere.

And since I'm here; I recently pruned my messages for messages older than 14 days and it removed even outbox messages that I'd just finished sending. I don't much care, but just letting you know :)

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

October 17, 2005, 07:15:58 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The link at the top of my pages (while logged in) which says " Hey, kakkarot, you have 46 messages, 0 are new. " is either incorrectly counting or the personal messages page is not showing them because I only see 7 messages and yet it lists 4 pages worth of content. The other three pages show no messages. And I can't find a "only show messages up to x days old" option anywhere.

And since I'm here; I recently pruned my messages for messages older than 14 days and it removed even outbox messages that I'd just finished sending. I don't much care, but just letting you know :)

~kakkarot

Yeah, there was a message counting error in converting to the new forum system.  As a result, one part of the forum database has a count for messages which is larger than your actual number of messages.  It is like this for many people.  I know how to fix it manually, but it takes 10-30 minutes per person.  I haven't had time to write a script to correct the problem.

The extra pages are a byproduct of the incorrect count.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 18, 2005, 10:14:23 AM
Reply #2

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

September 02, 2006, 11:21:39 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
As far as I know, this is now fixed.  :)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

September 03, 2006, 06:39:12 AM
Reply #4

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
almost a year XD but yes, it does give a more sane count number. thanks.

~kakkarot