Author Topic: Applications for mentors  (Read 40604 times)

May 27, 2009, 08:17:49 PM
Reply #45

freefallingdot

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Swords
    • View Profile
What is it that you would like to mentor?
Whatever is needed.  At this point I've dabbled in most of the content in the forums with varying levels of success.  I'd prefer to stick in the magick area, however, since at this point, that's my most active and beneficial practice.

What do you think qualifies you for this position?
My experience, both in the occult, and introducing/guiding people through the occult.  As well as my teaching style.  All knowledge has a price, and I refuse to hand it out for free.  I will point in the general direction and go *Ahem* a lot, though.  Or just bludgeon them over the head and drag them towards it.  ;)

What experience do you have in this/these field/s?
Enough to know that it's possible to feel world-weary, and still know you've got a few million light-years to go.  A few years, though I'm not sure how many at this point.  Mostly theory study combined with application.  Lots and lots of application.

Explain the potential ploy with the use of birds in a candy commercial.
It takes advantage of the sadly massive ADD market.  Oooh... a bird.  Candy sounds good!  Let's go ride bikes.

Do you have any experience from similar position?
Beyond what I mentioned in my last application, I've spent the last year or so taking care of others, and teaching them how to fend for themselves in the real world.  As well as a few starting practicioners who came to me in real life asking for advice.  A bit more, but I'm not sure how relevant it would be.

Do you feel you are able to work well with a team, and why?
I am.  I've been in many teams throughout my life, and I got through it just fine, bringing everything that I could to the 'greater good.'  However, I generally prefer to work alone if possible.

If you were a bird, what type of bird would you be, and why?
A heron.  The fantasy geek in me still wants a Heron-marked blade, but if I couldn't get that, why not be the heron?

Is there any other information you feel is relevant to taking on this position and you would like to mention?
Way too much free time.  Other then that, not particularly.

What do you feel does/would spiritually satisfy you.
Winning the constant battle to stay in the state of mind necessary to do as thou will and let none effect that.
Boldly, I bow to the banished, bend knee to the broken, and break bread with the bereaved.  Behold the breath-taking beauty of brutality, of quick and permanent change, breaking the lines built to seperate polarities.  Brashly blending that which can't be bent.

December 27, 2009, 06:51:19 PM
Reply #46

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
What is it that you would like to mentor?
Psionics, mainly. I can also mentor in beginning Magickal practices, with focus on rituals, summonings, and sigil magick, as those are my main focuses.

What do you think qualifies you for this position?
I have many years (7 now I believe) of actual practiced psionics, but have nearly 12 of theoretical knowledge. On two previous boards (Universal Lightworkers being the prominent one), I mentored several students from different areas in a variety of subjects surrounding psionics.

What experience do you have in this/these field/s?
As previously mentioned, I have seven years of practiced psionics. I also, as previously mentioned, have mentored students before. I am capable of teaching both psionics and beginning Magickal Practices. I am also the the leader of a Paranormal Society in my local area.

Explain the potential ploy with the use of birds in a candy commercial.
A bird is considered, in a child's mind, to be innocent and sweet. A bird symbolizes that sweetness and innocence in the candy commercial, and can also symbolize the sense of joy and freedom one can get from said candy product. Not too mention, other animals do not seem quite as appetizing as a bird can, hypothetically speaking.

Do you have any experience from similar position?
As previously stated, I did mentor on two previous boards.

Do you feel you are able to work well with a team, and why?
I do work well with teams, but I also work well independently. If the situation calls for either, I am more than capable of both.

If you were a bird, what type of bird would you be, and why?
If I were a bird, I would be a hawk or falcon. The senses of these birds goes to incredible heights. They have great awareness and reflexes, they are strong and fast, and they enjoy their freedom and flight to the extreme.

Is there any other information you feel is relevant to taking on this position and you would like to mention?
Only that my theoretical knowledge of psionics stretches far beyond my actual skills, but that on more than one occasion my theoretical knowledge provided the techniques and answers that were needed for many situations. I may not be able to lift a pencil with my own thoughts, but I understand the process behind it, can list many techniques and routes to accomplishing it, and that my open mind keeps me constantly learning and adapting.

What do you feel does/would spiritually satisfy you.
That depends on the length of satisfaction, as well as the type of satisfaction. In terms of ability, I am already satisfied. Anything beyond of what I am capable now would be a bonus, a surprise. In terms of life itself, being accepted and loved by someone I cared about, someone I could spends the rest of my life with, would satisfy me. And in terms of death, if I die knowing that I lived with no regrets, which to this point I have none, then I would be satisfied.