Author Topic: Applications for mentors  (Read 40716 times)

February 23, 2006, 07:49:12 PM
Reply #30

AngryLeprachaun

• Posts By Osmosis

• Freelance Leprechaun

• Personal Text
    VERITAS LEP
    • View Profile
What is it that you would like to mentor?
I would like to mentor Advanced Psionics
What do you think qualifies you for this position?
I have read many books explaining the roots and fundamentals of Psionics, including, "If Thoughts Could Kill" by Bruce R. Cordell.  I also have the patience to listen to my students for whatever questions they may have.
What experience do you have in this/these field(s)?I was taught by people around me for 1 and a half years.  I have also read the book, "Mindscapes" by Bruce R. Cordell.
Explain the potential ploy with the use of birds in a candy commercial.
Due to the amount of people who love birds at my school, if birds were presented in a candy commercial they would buy that candy.
Do you have any experience from similar position?
Yes, I have taught this on another site for 1 year after entering Veirtas.
Do you feel you are able to work well with a team, and why?
Yes, for I am opened-minded to whom ever is talking.  I also take peoples opinion into consideration.  I feel that working as a team helps you to better understand what is going "on".
If you were a bird, what type of bird would you be, and why?
I would probably be a cardinal. This is because I live in the state of Arizona and that is our state bird.  I want to "represent" if you know what I mean.
Is there any other information you feel is relevant to taking on this
position and you would like to mention?
No, except that I am on about 2-3 hours per night.

What do you feel does/would spiritually satisfy you.
Helping other people of course.  I have gone down to the homeless shelters and have helped many homeless people there.  Whenever I help them, they put a big smile on their faces.  This makes me satisfied to see.
..::Believe::..

March 24, 2006, 01:36:32 PM
Reply #31

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
You can submit an application whenever you like, we aren't particularly looking for more mentors at this point, but there is always the chance we'll take you, reguardless.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 01, 2006, 01:59:26 PM
Reply #32

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

Magic, hermetics and elementalism, preferably.

My experience and dedication. As well as what I have gained spiritually from my years of practicing.

What experience do you have in this/these field/s?

Hermetics - 2 years, study and application equally.
Elementalism - 3 years. Mostly study and recent application.

Birds usually symbolize freedom and oasis, in some respect, so eating a certain candy will intrigue that aspect of the mind. "Eat this candy, and freedom will be yours.", "Freedom at the grasp of your hand." Along with other irrelevant phrases to persuade the consumer.

Yes. Prophecy's magic class, a teacher assistant for the second year of the magic class, in his absence, when I could be there.

Yes, I do. It's not hard; each of us working together and helping will eventually get the task done. I don't have a strong personally, usually, so there are not conflicting problems and I am willing to listen to instructions, sensibly, of course.

A dove. As in the Bible, God's Spirit appeared to John in the form of this represenation, which symbolizes, God can come in any form and still be God.

Is there any other information you feel is relevant to taking on this position and you would like to mention?

No.

YHVH.
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

April 19, 2006, 02:15:39 PM
Reply #33

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I officially declare that we are taking on new mentors at this point. We are looking mainly for mentors in the area of psionics, and a few in magick. If you're interested, please post an application for review. And as usual, anyone is welcome to post an application no matter the particular topic of interest, for general review. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:13:56 PM by Forg »
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 19, 2006, 10:33:03 PM
Reply #34

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
I realize I applied before and was denied, but well, even I can't help but get involved where I think I can help.

Psionics.  I would also be willing to mentor in "magick", emphasizing on grimoiric texts.

I'll be honest... I have played down my knowledge for a long time because I wanted to act in stark contrast to the raving lunatics who claimed to be experts on everything.  I've been practicing psionics for more than 10 years.  I've been experimenting with telepathy, precognition, lucid dreaming, astral projection, remote viewing, empathy, and various forms of psychokinesis for the entirety of that span.  Within the last 4 years, I have read every book I could get my hands on involving ritual magick.  I haven't made my mind up on that yet, and I am still working out the differences between different texts and approaches.  Within the last six months, I have begun to heavily study psionics based mostly around the model presented by kobok (though, I must admit, it strikes me as extremely similar to my own prior conclusions on the matter).

What's moreover, I'm a good teacher.  I may not neccessarily be the best behaved individual of all time, granted.  However, I do have a very good way of getting to know those who I communicate with, and crafting my thoughts to specifically target them and the way they think.

Also, I'm dashingly handsome.

Right, I mostly answered that in the previous question.

The birds are not a ploy to the audience.  They are a ploy to the directors of the commercial.  They secretly steal candy for their owners during the production period.   It is my humble opinion that this morally wrong.

I worked as a moderator here, for almost a year.  I think I did a decent job, when I was on staff.  I have tutored my peers in nearly every academic subject you can imagine - even those which I in no way personally excel at, such as music.  It has been my experience that my ability to break concepts down into their essential parts makes me an ideal candidate for explanation and leadership.

I played dogskull when I was in high school.  Most of you won't remember what that was.  I know the value of working towards a common goal.  I know how to compromise, and am exceedingly skilled at negotiation.  I get along with almost everyone (so long as I'm not being an outrageous dickhead).  I also like other people.  I like hearing what other people have to say.  In fact, I would, ideally, work in a team.

Golden Eagle.  I've got a need... a need... FOR SPEED.

Is there any other information you feel is relevant to taking on this position and you would like to mention?

Right, well I realize those who will be reading this application already have their reservations and ideas about me.  I ask that you only use the ones that put me in a positive light.  ;)  But seriously, realize that I consider this "work", and that I always take my work seriously.  I am capable of disciplining myself for this role.  I will probably never give up my desire to be badass and make fun out of boring situations.  I will, however, strive to supress these desires when they prove destructive.

This is a tough question for me.  Resolve would satisfy me.  More than any specific action, or any specific God, or any specific position, likeness, being, office held, anything of that sort.  If I could move forward with true spiritual resolve, I would be satisfied.   I'm looking at the priesthood right now, and I'm sure many are already aware of this fact.  I take that seriously.  However... I also take quite seriously my innate curiosity to explore all things that "I shouldn't know."  I do expect to one day have to confront this dichotomy - to work for a church that by and large hates the things that I am most interested in.  Satisfaction for me, would be knowing that the way I have chosen is the right way, and having no fear in pursuing it with all my soul.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:03:58 PM by Rafnul »

May 30, 2006, 09:24:03 PM
Reply #35

Mizusaki

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Water is my castle, Ice is my prison
    • View Profile
Jing/Telekinesis/Telepathy

The one main qualification I have for this position is that I am a good teacher. I do not sugar coat things, I tell it how it is and if they donít like it, then tough. I donít jump ahead of their training just to make myself look good, I stick to a down pact training schedule and donít move on until I feel that not only the student is ready, but I am ready as well. I research what I am teaching, not every teacher is perfect, if Iím shady in an area I wonít just wing it, I will look up the correct answer and explain it clearly to the student. Iím a good listener, I will listen to when the student needs before we start working then I will explain what I think. Lastly I donít just want to be a mentor to the student, I want to be a friend, someone he/she can relate to, and talk to without getting discouraged.

What experience do you have in this/these field(s)?
Jing- 6 years
Telekinesis- 4 years
Telepathy- 4 years

The usage of birds in a candy commercial would bring color to the viewer. For example in a skittles commercial they always say taste the rainbow, they could use parrots to emphasize the ďrainbowĒ feel of the commercial. The better a commercial looks the more appealing it is to the viewer and the more likely the viewer is to buy the product.

I donít know if this is at all relevant, but I have been on student council for 3 years as vice president, treasurer, and president. These would be relevant in my opinion because they are all speaking to and helping the student body. So I assume thatís what I would be doing, speaking to and helping members of Veritas.

I feel that I am able to work with a team because of two reasons. One, I listen very well, in a discussion I would listen to what people had to say before jumping in and arguing, then I would express my views. Two, my belief are that a team is better than a solitary.

I would be a peregrine falcon. A peregrine falcon is natureís fastest bird reaching speeds of over 200 Mph in a dive. Also their eyesight is outstandingly better than our own. There are not many birds that can compare to the speed, sight and power of a peregrine falcon, which is why I chose this bird.

I also have studied Hapkido and Tanglang Quan as martial arts. I have also studied Yoga if that means anything to you. But i chose not to apply to mentor in these subjects because i feel it is pointless to teach a physical art via internet.

Knowing that I am doing the best I can, at any given time, spiritually satisfies me.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:33:03 PM by Mizusaki »
-Mizu-

June 09, 2006, 11:47:35 AM
Reply #36

Underworlder

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Teacher of the Kinesis
    • View Profile
Kinetics, Telepathy, Empathy

I teach a group of people at my highschool in telepathy and basic kinesis they number around 26 people and claim to enjoy it

I have practiced for 5 years and taught for 3

birds stealing food from an old man, when they try to steal candy from him it gets stuck to them and they cant fly away, the old man walks away laughing

Yes I teach at my school as an instructor of basic psionic practices

Yes, people have to work well with teams every day if i couldnt do so i wouldnt be able to teach

A penguin, nobody suspects the penguin

The best way to learn and grow oneself in a subject is to teach it and i would like to increase my class size and thus increase my own learning

walking at 2:00 AM when nobody is around, its like your the only person alive

moo :cow:
I am an enigma
wrapped in a mystery
sheathed in a quandary
ensconced in a dilemma
swathed in a quagmire
swaddled in an imbroglio
and covered in a white wrapper

July 02, 2006, 08:57:05 AM
Reply #37

freefallingdot

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Swords
    • View Profile

Basic and Advanced psionics, And some Basic magic.

My prior experiences with the metaphysical, and the wide range of experiences that I've had in the short time that I've had.

3 fun years in Psionics, a rather successful year of Magic and Projection.

Birds have been known to take candy from unsuspecting victims, and have become somewhat candy connoisseurs.  As birds with no ulterior motive, they can be trusted to tell you how good it tastes. 

I have tutored my teachers before, and most classmates.

Yes, I was in a team constantly as a child, and only got kicked off one or two, but because of health problems whatever they may have told you.  *looks around suspiciously*

Foghorn Leghorn, because he is the only bird I like.

Not unless someone else has already told you...

Making the discovery/realization that had been out of you understanding/grasp only the day before.

Sincerely,
              FreeFallingDot
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 05:02:10 PM by freefallingdot »
Boldly, I bow to the banished, bend knee to the broken, and break bread with the bereaved.  Behold the breath-taking beauty of brutality, of quick and permanent change, breaking the lines built to seperate polarities.  Brashly blending that which can't be bent.

December 27, 2006, 11:33:59 PM
Reply #38

Darkrain

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
     weapons teaching

My experience in Training and teaching, Haidong Gumdo- (sword)
-Haidong Gumdo encompases one verses many fighting
Battlefeild combat against virtualy all weapons at some point, so ano understanding of other weapons is gained, by the practicioner
two handed grip
reverse grip
one handed grip
left handed grip
empty handed
two swords

Hap ki do- self defense, disarm of weapons

Nunchaku
Bo staff

I have some knowledge of throwing weapons

I am a Student/Instructor
Haidong Gumdo 1st-Dan
two handed grip
reverse grip
one handed grip
left handed grip

Hap ki do- 1st Dan

Tae Kwon do 1st-Dan
(Tae Kwon do Is a Battle feild Martial art, capable, but not intended to fight one openent)

Using the swallow cut you cut passing by birds That they fall on ground reavealing to be yet another frightningly modern candy product, where the children then rush over noisly gathiering the candy

I am a student of my Master and I teach for him, as one of his four Highest students with much respect for and from Stundents , Adult , child and parent

Yes,they bring to light things I may neglect or havn't experience to handle

Perigrin Falcon, they're fast, they're agile, and they're presice

I don't intend to Teach my style, merly help others develop a working system of their own

If I were more than 'freinds' with this one girl, and....oh.... well to get this postion and see progression in people I supose.
Weapons coach or what-not, Basics instrutor, fundemental teacher
THE HOMEWORK NEVER ENDS-It's a rolling dream, What I'd like to go after
Even if tomorrow turns pale I shall get it and show you
It's a rolling dream, What I'd like to go after
If you stop it will get away, It's a matter of not losing heart

It's a rolling dream........
 Believe

December 28, 2006, 08:44:44 AM
Reply #39

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
The mentoring program is currently not looking for mentors. Please, keep posting your applications if you're serious, and we will contact you when necessary.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

December 28, 2006, 09:02:54 AM
Reply #40

Prodeus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Qabalist~Alchemist~Magician | Veritas Mentor |
    • View Profile
    • Shrine of the Magnum Opus
Name:  Sorath

I would like to mentor in psionics and chaos magic.

I have practiced both of the aforementioned arts vigorously and as a result I have grown mentally and spiritually from the practice.

I began with psionics and I have studied it for nearing 4 years now this May with equal study and application time over the course of those years.

For chaos magic, I have practiced for 2.5 years with equal study and application time.

Well, Fruit Loops seems to be quite a successful company, and they use a bird.  Colors, especially bright ones, often give out subliminal messages based on the specific color (for example red may be passion, blue may be peace, etc).  Many times pleasing colors appear in exotic and tropical birds.  The use of these birds, like the toucan in Fruit Loops commercials, creates an instant obsession with young kids because they see the bird and love the color, then associate the color and the bird with the candy.  It's actually a very interesting process to witness...a child may walk into a store, see the candy he heard about on television, then instantly want the candy because he subconsciously loves the colors.  Birds also symbolize flight because they, unlike humans, fly.  Because we can't fly, we wonder about the sensation.  So, the use of birds in a candy commercial would probably incorporate colors, like Fruit Loops commercials, and also have very vivid scenes of the bird flying and smiling at the same time with the candy conveniently in the backround picture.

Do you have any experience from a similar position?

Yes, I have tutored and taught my fellow peers in mathematics, English arts, sciences, and computers skills.  I was successful and most of the students recieved good grades after I had helped them.

Yes, I do.  I will work with anyone who will be accountable for their share of work and who is not apt to arguing or betraying trust.  Aside from that, I do not make enemies easily and I do not have problems with people.  As long as a person is willing to work and take part in what they have to do while I do my part, then there is no problem.

If I were a bird, then I would be a hawk.  The hawk flies high over the valley, majestically flapping his wings.  Then with a keen eye tuned by years of evolution, the hawk dives down and snatches up his prey in a single swoop.  Quite an impressive feat, considering that the hawk can soar thousands of feet above the ground.

I am always working with new projects in metaphysics and I have never stopped learning; I don't plan to.  I now study and apply Hermeticism, Elementalism, Enochian, Alchemy, Ceremonial, Qabalah, and Runic magic.  I no longer study chaos magic, however I do not need to, and I still use it for my magical workings and combine it with my other areas of study.  I favor magic, but I still use psionics and incorporate its practices with my magic.

Climbing the treacherous, less trodden path to emerge at the blazing torch at the peak of the mountain, taking my first deep breath of fresh air, then going back down again to help others find their way to the torch.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:13:08 PM by Sorath »
"My soul is a block of clay,
my sculpting tools are the sacred sciences,
and my Opus Magnum
is the way up the mountain,
the Path of Return..."

{[(|~-LVX-~|)]}

Oriens Lvx Lucis

November 05, 2007, 08:41:35 AM
Reply #41

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.

I'm interested in mentoring newcomers to general metaphysics practice.

Plenty of spare time and a little knowledge in every major metaphysics field. I'm also very patient and am not a bad motivator.

Body energy arts - About five years of unguided practice. I don't know all of the particulars and ins and outs, but I know the basics and how to teach them.
Psionics - At one time I was rather skilled at Telepathic suggestion and not really anything else. Again, I know the basics, but when it comes down to anything advanced, I'm not particularly knowleagable.
Magic - Enough experience in elemental and runic magic to know it works. I have a few developed theories on the workings of the paradigm, but am not quite what anyone would call an initiate or adept.

Birds have a significant advantage when it comes to covering 3 dimensional space. Since a bird can fly higher than any man can jump, they have a freedom that man does not. Birds, to many, are a symbol of freedom, and such corporate bastards that would use their image in a commercial, are appealing to the mindless human to try and usurp their inhibitions against such tooth rotting villany, but I digress. Sugar and freedom sell.

I was once Council President at a youth camp. In high school I did alot of leadership activities and whatnot. It wasn't mentoring so much as taking control, but I think there are a few similarities. (note: I do understand the difference between mentoring/advising and leading/controlling.)

I'm not afraid to make suggestions when I feel it is appropriate and I enjoy being part of something bigger. If I can do my part to help, I'd be happy to contribute.

Peregrin Falcon. They are all around awesome. They also fly very fast and have very sharp teeth.

Um... I've been around at Veritas since I was a sophomore in high school. Roughly 5 years of visiting this site and it's many manifestations. I would like to see it continue to expand and grow and if there is any way I can contribute, I'd be happy to.

What do you feel does/would spiritually satisfy you?

I'm still looking for it.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

November 06, 2007, 07:06:29 AM
Reply #42

Emira

• A Familiar Feature

• El Mira - The Sight

• Personal Text
    Live. There is no plan B.
    • View Profile
I would most like to mentor divination which would include but not be limited to; Western Astrology, The Elder Futhark, tarot, palmistry (although I donít how that would work on the internet,) and necromancy. Iíd also be comfortable with basic magic, self hypnosis, and astral projection.

Outside of experience, Iím not sure.

Iíve studied various forms of divination for about eight or nine years now, I have maybe four or five years experience in the other three items listed above and I was a part of Prophecyís í05 Ė í06 magic class.

A cute cartoon bird eats a piece of candy and cheerily recites a jingle which children then memorize and reiterate back to their parents until they become annoyed and buy the candy.

Not online, I have taught people/friends in the real world though.

Yes, everybody works on teams throughout their life, and Iíve never had any supremely negative experiences.

An Eastern Screech Owl, they just look so fluffy and cute, plus it would be cool to turn my head 180 degrees.

Two questions I would have liked you to ask, and my answers:
Why do you want to be a mentor?
Because working with someone else would motivate me to practice more consistently, recall important information which I have stowed away in the nether regions of my brain and apply it, and learn to communicate information to others more effectively.

What disqualifies you from being a mentor, or what would your weaknesses as a mentor be?
I have some time constraints.

Acquiring new knowledge.
ďThe purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts.Ē ĖThe 14th Dali Llama

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1993/morrison-lecture.html

November 07, 2007, 01:44:39 PM
Reply #43

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Magick. Either elemental or shamanic in nature.
What do you think Qualifies you for this position+Experience.
I have graduated Prophecy's recent elemental magick class a few months ago and have been studying and practicing consistently for 2 and a half hours each day. As well as this I help out down at an alternative healing centre. I am good at accepting new things and augmenting my original practices with them. I think this will allow me to help people who are having problems grasping a concept that is not present in their previous practices.

Birds have connotations of freedom and happiness. Thusly, someone might be led to believe that by eating the candy being advertised they too will feel free and happy.

I'm a junior Jeet Kune Do instructor at my gym (studying in the direct Bruce Lee lineage) and have been for 4 months.

I feel that I do work well in a team as I am willing to accept I am wrong and try to better myself. I think I have a lot to contribute to any team as my "life experience" (particularly regarding people, situation defusion and other similar things) is quite considerable due to the area I live in.
I would probably be an owl. Owls are a symbol of wisdom, are rarely hunted and I have always found them to be an awe-inspiring sight.

Nope.
Knowing that what I teach could inspire good deeds and turn someone into a better person is enough to spiritually satisfy me.

The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

January 01, 2008, 10:26:34 AM
Reply #44

kody

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    I Am The Skater Of Psi
    • View Profile
pyrokinetics
i have studyied and specialized in it
2 yrs
the would get sticky
Pk Weapons
yes i play sports
Hawk So i can be one of the leaders
no
to be able to specailize in all Kinetics