Author Topic: Chat Not working. K-lined?  (Read 3035 times)

August 19, 2005, 07:58:21 PM
Read 3035 times

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Every time I try logging into the chat I get this

Connecting...
Logging in...
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** Hello, you are connecting to iuturna.sorcery.net, the progress of your connection follows
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** If you experience problems connecting, you may wish to try reconnecting with /server irc.sorcery.net 9000
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /notice 7B0770A7 nospoof now.
-iuturna.sorcery.net- *** If you still have trouble connecting, then please see: http://www.sorcery.net/help/connecting.html
[Auth-C5E8AE0A VERSION]
*** Autokilled [#00e0b5] for    0 days,  1 hours, and  0 minutes [Your host is listed as an insecure proxy at http://ahbl.org/tools/lookup.php?ip=142.162.193.164. To protect our network from abuse, you cannot connect until you've removed it.]
Error : Closing Link: The_Young_Adept[stjhnf0112w-142162193164.nl.aliant.net] (K-lined)
Disconnected from irc.sorcery.net

Its been like this for the past two days. Anyone know whats wrong with it?

P.S. I know it works for everyone else because there was a /name list upon one connection attempt. and no one posted the problem sooner

August 20, 2005, 01:08:13 PM
Reply #1

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
It used to do that to me, every time my mother would play her stupid games, on-line.

Do you play some kind of game, through your browser or have other chats running, before you connect to Veritas?
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

August 20, 2005, 01:41:58 PM
Reply #2

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
I play www.ogame.org

And it seems to be working now :wink:

August 28, 2005, 04:47:00 PM
Reply #3

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
That happens randomly, you have to sit it out, or use one of iuturna's java scripts, I can't remeber which one.  :smilie:
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

September 02, 2005, 05:23:07 PM
Reply #4

Creature

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
    • View Profile
    • Creature's Sanctuary forum (rest of site under construction)
I got a different problem:

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.sorcery.net resolve)
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission iuturna.sorcery.net resolve)

This is when using the java applet.

Someone ban me from the chatroom that I don't know about?  Or is it just an error?
<Kanifer> America invented MTV. 
<Shadowarrior13> Kanifer, shut up.
<Shadowarrior13> We don't want them knowing that.

"If you American types don't start doing a better job of choosing presidents, we're going to have to revoke your independence..."
-- Philosopher

September 02, 2005, 10:01:04 PM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I got a different problem:

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.sorcery.net resolve)
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission iuturna.sorcery.net resolve)

This is when using the java applet.

Someone ban me from the chatroom that I don't know about?  Or is it just an error?

If you are banned, the chat applet will say exactly:  "#vsociety Cannot join channel (+b)"

Everything else is some other sort of error.  The error at the top of this thread is due to a proxy being detected, which causes the irc server to automatically temporarilly block an ip from connecting to the network.  (A proxy lets people route their connections through other computers, which is often used as a means of abuse on IRC.)  We have no control over proxy blockings, since we do not control the IRC network, but provided you are not running a proxy, such a problem goes away usually in a short time period.

The above error you mentioned is the java applet telling you that it couldn't resolve irc.sorcery.net or iuturna.sorcery.net, which means it couldn't turn them into ip addresses so that it could connect to them.  This indicates that you are experiencing a temporary network problem, or network setup problem, if your computer is unable to resolve hostnames like that.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.