Author Topic: All veriwikipedians!  (Read 3131 times)

August 06, 2005, 07:29:32 AM
Read 3131 times

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
After just comming back from the wikipedia, let's just say that I think many people would benefit from visiting the following pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_wikipedia_is_not

I do realise that our wiki is only new, but if people learn some basic guidelines now it will be a lot easier later on.

August 06, 2005, 09:40:50 AM
Reply #1

tachyonxv

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    psion
    • View Profile
We want to know the truth about reincarnation, we want proof of the survival of the soul, we listen to the assertion of clairvoyants and to the conclusions of psychical research, but we never ask, never, how to live.

August 06, 2005, 12:08:03 PM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The "How to Edit" page is of course very useful.  You could maybe even add reference to that in our "Help" page:  http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=Help:Contents

As for "What Wikipedia is not", much of that page is describing the wikipedia project, rather than the wiki software itself.  The Veritas wiki does not necessarilly have the exact same goals as the wikipedia project.  For example, our primary goal is to present a repository of useful information about our areas of interest here.  We're not exclusively restricted to the "encyclopedia" format, since an encyclopedia is not quite where you would turn for help learning an art.  So in our case, some dictionary definitions for areas of interest can be of value, or can at least serve as starting points for expansion into larger pages.  Also, pages can serve as more than just descriptions of information like you would find in an encyclopedia, but also as guides to learning the skills talked about on that page.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 07, 2005, 02:20:13 AM
Reply #3

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
Yea, I suppose so. *adds link*

At the moment I'm just clicking on Random Page and cleaning them up a bit. "Wikify!" and "Rearranged related topics" are now dominating my contributions.
*Darkflame steals Crowley's bucket and mop and becomes the 'other' Unoffical Wikitas Janitor.*  :biggrin:

August 07, 2005, 06:46:31 AM
Reply #4

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
Yea, I suppose so. *adds link*

At the moment I'm just clicking on Random Page and cleaning them up a bit. "Wikify!" and "Rearranged related topics" are now dominating my contributions.
*Darkflame steals Crowley's bucket and mop and becomes the 'other' Unoffical Wikitas Janitor.*  :biggrin:

*Crowley beats Darkflame to death with the bucket and mop and asks kobok if he can be the official one instead :P

~Crowley

August 07, 2005, 12:28:01 PM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
*Crowley beats Darkflame to death with the bucket and mop and asks kobok if he can be the official one instead :P

Well...  Crowley DOES have the mop in his avatar.  But Darkflame has had significantly more edits in the last 48 hours....

Perhaps we'll have to see whose edits dominate by the end of August.  :)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 07, 2005, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #6

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
lol, janitor clean-off. May the cleanest one win.

There really isn't any need for an official janitor, I'm just doing this as a pet project (yes I'm sad, I know) inbetween other commitments and such. For that reason my activity on Wikitas (or veriki?) will drop off. Looking at the recent changes, it's almost as if I've only noticed wikitas in the last 48 hours.  :biggrin:

I'm happy with being the ''other'' (:HA!:) unofficial wikitas janitor.  :cool:

Edit: Apparently I made Solstice freak with the new layout.
(diff) (hist) . . Clairvoyance; 20:24 . . Solstice (Talk) (omg... please dont do that)

Other Edit: Crowley, have a look at my user page in the list of things to do :p http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=User:Darkflame
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 02:41:37 AM by Darkflame »

August 08, 2005, 11:23:46 AM
Reply #7

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
Other Edit: Crowley, have a look at my user page in the list of things to do :p http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=User:Darkflame

I seit and watch the changes as they happen, I had noticed what you placed therewithin ;)

~Crowley

August 08, 2005, 11:35:27 PM
Reply #8

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I demand someone type up a wiki biography about me! NOW!
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

August 09, 2005, 04:41:54 AM
Reply #9

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
I demand someone type up a wiki biography about me! NOW!
d00d, do it j00self!
Otherwise face the wrath of random nonsence! Besides it is generally considered bad form to mess around with other people's user pages. But if you really want us too...  >:D
http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=User:Tsumaru

And Solstice, d00d! You're totally cramping my style!
But in all seriousness now Kobok decided that the "[Related topics] method of organizing related topics is more readable and standard. It's a good system." It is also the standard across wikipedia, so I don't know why we should throw it out. You do realise that Kobok just reverted your changes from "see also" back to the "related topics" that I had put in place with the other four pages you reverted?

Also when deleting stuff (the pop culture reference in mortido), unless it's obviously someone just talking crap, discuss it on the talk page first please. It just saves an edit war and that's what the talk pages are there for anyway.

August 09, 2005, 06:29:33 AM
Reply #10

tachyonxv

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    psion
    • View Profile
For Tsumaru[y]:
** Owned **
BTW, non-minor edits are marked correctly, sig hacking should be minor...
We want to know the truth about reincarnation, we want proof of the survival of the soul, we listen to the assertion of clairvoyants and to the conclusions of psychical research, but we never ask, never, how to live.

August 09, 2005, 11:51:15 PM
Reply #11

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
 :eek: Holy crap, I started a landslide. I didn't think it was that funny but apparently the TSA Team did. (why couldn't it have been a username starting with 'U' instead of 'A'? :p) This is insane, you guys really had a field day. But this does give me an idea, I'll set up an area in my user page that I'll allow anyone to edit and add humourous (note, not derogatory) comments at my expense. However, if you edit anything outside the area or add anything that is not in good taste, I'll totally flip out and kill you! (or just revert it)

Damn straight Tsumaru, I do have REAL ULTIMATE POWER! :cool:

...Done, edit at the bottom of the page under "j00 f00 jokebox"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 12:16:56 AM by Darkflame »