Author Topic: Recent News and Changes  (Read 6952 times)

August 02, 2005, 02:27:11 PM
Read 6952 times

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Fundamental Psi Coordinator
    • View Profile
As many know and have complained about, the Mentoring program seems to have became inactive not too long after its inception. While many reasons might be suggested as to why this is the case, ultimately it is irrelevant. At the moment, myself and the still active mentors are working to establish a more streamlined and functioning system than the previous incarnation.

In the Mentoring Program 2.0, applications will no longer be necessary. This is good news for those of you irritated by lack of a response (the regular checking of the separate account proved easily forgotten). Instead, information and bios for all the mentors will be openly available to all, allowing prospective mentees to choose who might be most compatible for them. No longer will there be forced parings! Of course, recommendations for mentors will still be available. Accepting a mentee will still be however at the discretion of the mentor, once they have been asked.

I have been cooperating with the other mentors to produce a few new introductory articles to replace those we already have, which should be more complete and provide a better understanding of "how to get started" in any field. Further, mentor bios will be put up as they become available.

Thanks for bearing with us everyone! Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:43:13 AM by Forg »
Deus Ex Vir

August 04, 2005, 09:20:56 PM
Reply #1

Nereus

• Veritas Furniture

• Kher Heb

• Personal Text
    Step I
    • View Profile
    • -
I'd just like to second `Gemini's explanation.
I'm working on one such article myself, though time constraints have been pressing; Basically a short list, and commentary of some basic exercises (not necessarily 'rituals', as I've no doubt there's a fair ratio of "direct" magicians to "traditional", ceremony-using ones. That, and I'm all for variety.)

Of the mentees, and prospect-mentees reading this, I should greatly appreciate your input on such, both while I'm writing it up and for future revision once posted. ;) Just throw me a PM with your ideas!
Also, any other concerns with the Mentor program are welcome; if I can't answer your questions myself, I'll simply ask someone who can.
Sometimes my shadow leads, or it follows me, but we never seem to become one and the same.

August 04, 2005, 10:59:24 PM
Reply #2

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Warrior...Not Princess... Klutz...
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'd like to get the PM to work one of these days. and I do have a suggestion - to pair up people based on real world location if that's possible. Like if someone is in a certain state or has access to transportation, then one on one learning can truly take place.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:57:05 PM by Sekhmet »
Boo-ya!

August 05, 2005, 03:09:27 AM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
thanks. I'd like to get the PM to work one of these days. and I do have a suggestion - to pair up people based on real world location if that's possible. like if someone is in a certain state or has access to transporation, then one on one learning can truly take place.

Private messages should work.  If there's a specific problem, drop me a PM saying what's wrong.  (heheh, just kidding.  You can say it here, or in the tech support forum.)

As for pairing by location, the possibility for that could easily be facilitated simply by including a geographic location as part of the mentor bios.  Then the mentors and mentees can decide amongst themselves whether or not they want to meet.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 22, 2005, 12:52:21 PM
Reply #4

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I wouldn't mind applying, but im still not sure, I don't really need any help at the moment, and I just work through articles and train off those, I f I did Apply it would be for Psi, can you tell me briefly what is involed information wise that you could give me, and how you plan to help.
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

October 26, 2005, 12:36:03 PM
Reply #5

grimm

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Sister Grimm
    • View Profile
Wait, let me see if I get this right, the app to the mentoring program is off (I mean, the one that I sent to the 'Mentors' PM) and the whole mentoring thing will start again in a different way?
So... how can I get a mentor? I would really use some help.
"We are small but we are many
We are many we are small
We were here before you rose
We will be here when you fall."

October 30, 2005, 03:02:56 PM
Reply #6

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I dont think its off, just that we are attempting to add more mentors.  It would also depend which mentors you sent a PM to.  If you dont get answers from mentors after a few days post again to let us know so we can give it more of a nudge to get you a mentor.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

October 30, 2005, 06:40:02 PM
Reply #7

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Star she has a mentor, me!  :biggrin:
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

October 30, 2005, 08:25:43 PM
Reply #8

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Problem solved then  :)
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

April 19, 2006, 02:19:21 PM
Reply #9

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Applying to become a mentor is once again a hot item, if you're interested please view the following page:

http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/6552.0
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha