Author Topic: The Library of Knowledge  (Read 5177 times)

January 20, 2004, 09:13:46 AM
Read 5177 times

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
ok, i was reading through the threads and found the link to the library of knowledge, and this time i read through the summoning articles. The only problem is, it never really gets around to telling you how to summon, he just wants you to figure it out on your own. So, first off if this is BS tell me and lock this thread, if not (god, i hope not), how do you go about calling some entity to you, and how do you know if it work. Also, what can you have these 'entities' do?

January 20, 2004, 09:41:01 AM
Reply #1

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
No, that isnt BS. I'm not into summoning at all, so I can't put any usefull input. Sorry.

January 20, 2004, 09:41:03 AM
Reply #2

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
i actualy agree with you. it can be a little hard to begin there, since they have the do it by yourself approach. So i don't think the post you made is BS or that it will get locked anytime soon.

i wish i could help you with the summoning related question but i unfortunatly don't know how to summon stuff. Hopefully one of the other members might be able to help you there

[edit] gah, trillis beat me to it.funny how we posted almost the identicle thing too

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

January 20, 2004, 12:11:15 PM
Reply #3

beehe

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Who ceast to exsist
    • View Profile
ok i seem like the only one that knows how to summon something then but most of it would be working with or calling the spirits to your aid or creating your own companion when i find the link for it i will post it i think it was for elemental magic though
~who cares who anyone is long as someone cares about them~egotism at its strongest point

January 20, 2004, 01:42:42 PM
Reply #4

Samael

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I find it rather curious as to why you do not address said question on the appropriate board; if you're looking for a flame fest, I believe there is another one in the 'magic' forum.

The art known as summoning would be better suited with the title 'Ipseic magic', as it's the perception of the self.  It may clarify misconceptions, several users have; nevertheless, the title will suffice as the caster is summoning. (imo)

The summoner is a wielder of hirs ego, acting as a spiritual coordinator; tapping into the magical currents as desired.  The art, in my opinion, is based on disassociation and identification, at an elementary stage anyway; without the two, the art would not be coherent.  In addition, a fundamental understanding of the consciousness and Jungian archetypes may prove to be useful.

I also find it note-worthy to mention the following trances, as they will prove to be pivotal in theory and application --  A analogy may prove to be more understandable.  Consider the right hand to symbolize the magician, and the left hand being regarded as the entity:

Left over Right is invocation; the internal manifestation of X entity.  In other words, self induced possession.  If you were to align both hands, one could deem that evocation; an external manifestation of said being in question.  Now, if the hands were to be interlocked, one would deem this as transvocation; the magician blurs the lines between invoc/evocation.  Each trance has its purpose; or will have it as the study continues.

The summoner combines disassociation with X trance, to identify with Y entity; until adept-hood is reached.

Just in case it isn't clear, we're disassociating from the ego; a filter of a kind fending off possession.  Phenex/Pharaon has out-lined several techniques used for such matters entitled: Defence Against the Divine -- http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/resources/articles/datd.txt

As I've mentioned before, make your inquires on the appropriate boards; you'll get better answers.  

By the way, speak with the ArchLuminary of Summoning (Phenex); he does hold a place in The Hall of Legions, as advisor.  

Sovereign

January 20, 2004, 05:23:40 PM
Reply #5

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
(edited because sov helped me understand his previous post better ^_^ . and thanks for the link in the post below mine sov. it's a good read :) )

there are many summoning practices to choose from. anyone who is interested should look around. to begin i'll throw out a couple of magical methods i've heard of that have some summoning aspect within them: enochian magic, and golden dawn magic. of course there are others, but meh, people can do their own research ^_^ .

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

January 21, 2004, 08:10:27 AM
Reply #6

Samael

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
sov: you are talking about summoning as the concept of "summoning" a fragment of one's own physchological mind, right?

Not necessarily kakkarot; that is entirely dependent on the caster and hirs cosmology.  It is not a definitive rule/law that entities are shards of the mind, or cultural archetypes of any kind.  However, if the topic interests you, or anyone else, I'd recommend a thread dealing with that exact issue.  

http://www.powertrip.net/~viza/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=705&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sovereign

January 21, 2004, 03:17:54 PM
Reply #7

DarkestLight

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i could help you out too, email me...
One who loves his life will loose it, one who hates his life shall preserve it for all eternity...

January 22, 2004, 09:00:13 PM
Reply #8

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
are you talking to me darkest light?

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

January 22, 2004, 09:04:45 PM
Reply #9

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
DarkestLight, how about you post your great knowledge on the topic, rather than getting people to email you. That way, EVERYONE can learn, not just some people.

(If anybody can find hints of negativity and dislike towards DarkestLight, then you are correct! There are some! I won't go into why, though.)
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

January 22, 2004, 09:22:08 PM
Reply #10

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
well i could tell you some possible reasons, since i've seen this kind of thing happen before (and don't take offence darkest, just realise that this is what i think of when i see this): some kid goes on a forum starts boasting about he can do great things (or at the very least alludes to it) and starts bullshitting stuff to make himself look appealing to those who don't know any better, then he tells those newbies to pm/email him so that he can further spread his bullshit, where those who know better don't see it and can't stop it, so that those newbies will look up to him and fill his ego.

in my life i've only pm'ed three people who were in need of help rather than posting on the actual forum, but each of those times was a somewhat unique case. twice i was able to help, and one time .. well, we're still trading information and ideas between us :) . but i don't pm newbies, heck i try to stay the hell away from newbies (each of those three had knowlege and experience already enough to be at least intermediate in skill level).

so yeah, just making it clear as to why telling people to pm you for information/knowledge is frowned upon, darkest :) .

January 23, 2004, 08:01:57 AM
Reply #11

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i dont PM very many people anyway for a few reasons.
A) if the person is full of bullshit ill know because everyone will flame him
B) I would prefer the knowledge to be open to everyone (assuming that it is true)

oh, and kakkarot, no offence, but if you were refering to me as a newby, your kinda wrong.  I have read many articles on magic (enough to tell bullshit from truth) so im not a complete begginner, but then again i havent found any methods so i cant say i am even a begginner at all (in summoning).

January 23, 2004, 11:48:53 AM
Reply #12

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
oh sorry, no i was not referring to you as a newbie, and nor was i referring to darkestlight when i was talking about "some kid goes on a forum starts boasting about he can do great things", etc, i was just stating that i've seen that kind of event happen so many times that whenever someone says "PM me" my first thought is "is this guy trying to bullshit someone where others can't see it?"

sorry about not making that clearer ^_^;

~kakkarot

January 23, 2004, 12:59:34 PM
Reply #13

Samael

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
A) if the person is full of bullshit ill know because everyone will flame him

Using the presence of a 'flame war' as the leading factor in which you deem posts to be valid or not isn't the best of methods;disagree- ment/frustration/venting etc are the main causes of said event; generally in combination.  Having the knowledge and references which support your argument in a coherent fashion are the items to look for; these *can* be cross referenced, and the user has shown hirs rational.  

When users begin to support their arguments, with assumptions and personal experience as a foundation, one must take the utmost of caution; as this is where the head aches begin; or so Iíve found.

Sovereign

February 09, 2004, 12:03:46 AM
Reply #14

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Sorry, i have been away for a while. Ok, it seems my first question was answerd, but any1 got ideas on how to go about summoning (or Ipseic magic' for Sovereign)?