Author Topic: The 4 Minute Difference  (Read 16906 times)

December 17, 2003, 01:18:07 PM
Reply #15

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
Wow, the comment ..then why live?

This is directly tied into the fabric of this exercise.

My reward every hour is myself, 4 minutes of peace and gratitude for the world I create for myself and the blessings I have.  Every hour I give myself the gift of time, 4 minutes to appriciate the life that I have, and what I mean to myself.

To me this is grounding, affirming the good, letting go of bad and so much more..in almost an instant.

It is a loving gift to give yourself, a simple 4 minutes an hour.  It affirms intentions and goals, self esteem and self worth are the benifits.
I am really trying to covey the deepness but it is grand.
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 17, 2003, 05:49:07 PM
Reply #16

intox

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
hehe only said cause no matter what happens in life you will be torn down sooner or later.. no matter hwo much you protect... and life is boring without risk.... as well every action we make we are not totally sure of the outcome... it is only a calculated risk... including your protection... as well life involves growing and transcending... this involves pain and ups and downs... life is not meant to be inertia...
As the tears of a snowdrop,
Traverse my dented scars.
Cleanse the illusions of lonliness,
Oh, wonderous white clusters.
Dissolve the fetters of blinding summer,
And plunge me back into
My "emotional winter".

-A poem of mine...

December 19, 2003, 07:46:13 AM
Reply #17

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
But my dear what was said..why live gave me a way to say a deeper level of what the exercize is all about, so thank you
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 20, 2003, 09:08:00 AM
Reply #18

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I am adding this little story that is part of my 4 minute experiences.  
It belongs here.
~*~Lone Pine~*~

As I step out to the view of the sunshine I see over 100 pine tree trunks to the south.

I carefully notice the groupings of each semi group of trees. Imagine how their roots all intertwine and mingle; communicate. Within the center of these semi groups of trunks and branches happily dancing is a single tree, it stands alone.

I see apparent health in many of the trees, practicing seeing their auras.

But the tree that stands alone, it is battered and beaten; yet thrives.

I think of this tree, and I see its broken branches, and mis figured parts, looking at it by normal standards, it is just different.

This tree stands alone, it fights the winds alone. It shows on the life of the tree.

Yet it thrives, and grows; and actually knows it is not alone. This tree knows it has the support of all the trees that surround it. This tree knows it is at the center of a great community with everything. You know this tree is happy to test the wind alone. It thrives on the strong roots that surround it, it has all the support on all the levels it needs; from God and nature.

I am this tree

Often there is much support around you that you do not take into account. On a personal level that is one message.

Actually I have been taking time each day to study a different tree. So, I am more aware of what is around and within me, at the same time! Its a nice study/meditation on nature and myself

January 20, 2004, 01:10:53 PM
Reply #19

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Egel
4 minutes? That's well.. A bit of a.. crappy thing..  to do

I check myself every moment, and I always try to see the good in someone. Also, when your life is improved, no more stress and all, and suddenly something happens and you completely freak out. Your life is destroyed.

Let's say your parents are slaughtered in front of your eyes  :( . After that you will get into a depression, and, it will seem even tougher and meaner then when you lived a 'normal' (forgive me for the definition) life.

To prevent is better then to heal..

Empathy~  How to limit contact and connection with others.  
For me it is a constant balance to fight for.
So to keep things in balance I walk away from everyone and everything every hour to do a self check and some fresh air.

It is prevention and letting go and knowing where you stop and I begin.  I make myself very aware of that by the hour, and I get 'self' out of it

Maintenance and prevention and cutting all connections to others
while making myself focus on nature and not anything inside my house or on the computer or phone.  I believe fully in this as a balancing tool.
if I dont do this I get to cluttered with other peoples stuff.  I am saying be active by the hour at separating what is you and what is others.  Taking time to cut all connections empathically and be with only yourself.  It teaches you also to be able to know what is you and what is not more skillfully.
The benifits are wide variety, and are good for an empaths balance.

As far as the second comment you made.."Let's say your parents are slaughtered in front of your eyes  :( . After that you will get into a depression, and, it will seem even tougher and meaner then when you lived a 'normal' (forgive me for the definition) life"

What about it?  That is how I grew up so whats the point?

January 20, 2004, 03:14:57 PM
Reply #20

_jujitsu_

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Great advice, i already sorta do this when im walking home from school each day.  I just look at my surroundings and observe them without really thinking about it, just trying to take it all.  Its great, but i've always loved nature growing up in the country and all - though i don't anymore.  

Just watching the sky change so fast as it approaches sunset from the golden firey bronze sun till when it sets and you see the hints of orange on the clouds above and the fading colours of the sky, to the calm dull blue when its finally gone.  And the way the shadows change and move, all the little details that make life.

im not very good with words but it truely is awesome and calming.
One night I was a butterfly, fluttering happily around.
Then i awoke, and found that I was a man.
But what am I in truth?
A man who dreams he is a butterfly,[/colo

January 21, 2004, 12:13:09 PM
Reply #21

Egel

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I hereby say that I have been raised the wrong way.

Meh, I'll give the 4 minutes a try, as often as I can.. Sometimes I just do instinctivially (sp?  :eek: ) when I see a little animal in the wild

EDIT:

Sandy . . If only I was blind.. says:
Nah... You cannot understand the way i feell...
My life has been
'Easy'
As I've been cheating or something

Sandy = Egel
(Rafnul) I'm too attracted to guys right now.
(Rafnul) I probably won't ever be.

June 28, 2004, 02:29:56 PM
Reply #22

Ceiro

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quagmire

I quote : If you make it through that hurdle (which would be tough to do) lets just say "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger."

Some people don't die, yet never get to cope with it either, does it still make them stronger?
"You've got no one to defend you, you're out on your own.
Still fighting on the corner, you can never go home.
In this world of temptation, in this city of sin.
There's nothing that can save you, but a strenght from within"

Dropkick Murphy's - Devils Brigade

June 28, 2004, 08:38:41 PM
Reply #23

bugz9987

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    I come and go
    • View Profile
If only everyone can be so beautiful as the words written by LAdyKalee then we would live in a better world.
!!!SHAZAM!!!

July 03, 2004, 03:08:47 PM
Reply #24

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
*laughs* well another bout' of the mind of Karen. Wonderful job, they'll fall out of line again yet.  :D

Just in time no less. I lost myself again about two months ago and didn't find it again until the other day. Life really knows how to hit the gas pedal after you remove the breaks. So now I've decided to keep the parking break on. It struck me, I haven't just meditated or reconnected myself in a "good" long time. So I think I'll take two months of my four minute breaks in one go.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

July 03, 2004, 06:07:39 PM
Reply #25

LoneGypsy

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
I've actually done something like that, usually more the hour or more a day outside, just connecting with everything around me. It gets to the point occasionally that being inside is just uncomfortable. Feeling the grass beneath you, or the wind beside you is one of the easiest ways to sense yourself. It takes away distractions and stress.
"The most horrifying idea is that what we believe with all our hearts is not necessarily the truth." -Elizabeth Loftus

July 27, 2004, 05:11:59 PM
Reply #26

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
There is just nothing like connecting with nature, specially at those times when everything in the logical world is confusing, stressful and deceptive.
We all need to take time to reflect in a place of peace-nature