Author Topic: The 4 Minute Difference  (Read 16727 times)

December 13, 2003, 11:46:24 PM
Read 16727 times

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
I wish to convey the difference 4 minutes an hour can make in changing your life.  
When I say it can change your life I mean in the following ways you will feel and see results.  The basic awareness of what is around you can change.  Your abilities to sense details will improve.  Concentration and relaxation will improve.  A sense of nature and a better sense of self will develop.  A feeling of self worth and self awareness, and just plain goodness will be an increasing feeling.  I could go on and on how these things help in many different trainings, to me that is obvious.

How do those rewards sound???

And you can achieve all of this in 4 minutes an hour.  When I say that I mean that as many waking hours in your day and night that you can, you do this.  There are some hours it is not possible, but do not make excuses.  And I do not mean wake yourself up for it or anything.  
I know that when I say hourly it suddenly sounds like a lot of work.  It isn't.  It still adds up to about an hour of your day.  I am sure many of you have heard of an hour of quiet time a day is good for the soul/training/meditation.  So you see this is still only an hour, just broken into increments that are far more worthy and obtainable.  As sometimes an hour of day also sounds like a lot of time. *smile this is very rewarding*

The whole idea is to take 4 minutes an hour to do a self check, to stretch and breath properly and to get some fresh air.  Spending time outside and just BEING.  We spend so much of our time and mind in DOING.  
I take a 4 minute me break every hour.  I go outside and look around me.  I see the wonders of nature.  The peace that is abundant and plentiful.  I see the brilliant colors, hear sounds and sense the smells.  There is so much around us we take for granted.  To just take 4 minutes an hour to enjoy what is provided free of charge..and actually gives you a charge at the same time!  I have always said nature is very generous in providing energy, a great resource..tap it tap it!!!!  Take part in the world around you while at the same time stepping out of the cluttered world inside the doors of your home.

I find doing this is preventative medicine.  For me this works almost as a shield.  By constantly refreshing my fields, taking time to do a self check, proper breathing and just relaxing I am improving my health, my mind set and my stress level.  I am more aware of how I feel, this makes noticing changes in my fields easier to sense and easier to clean.  

Some of my best thinking comes to me in my silence.  I know that sounds strange, but it is very true.  Poetry naturally springs from my lips, a wondrous sense of the world and the divine nature of life just seems to smile within.  I feel more connected to myself, grounded, refreshed and clear.

By taking time out to sense the nature around me I learn to see more details.  beautiful details.  The more beauty I see in my life the more beauty I find in my life.  This aspect alone is worth a million dollars, yet cannot be bought at any price.  *4 minutes an hour*  Sounds like a bargain to me.
Seriously, we all know that what you believe true of the world, the universe provides what you believe.  If you make seeing beauty an aspect you seek out and accept on a daily, even an hourly basis..imagine what can happen!  The way the world around you flows better, you are calmer, more focused, clear and refreshed.  Your attention in many ways is growing, and you feel much better.

I know many of you have heard my reports of what my 4 minutes are like on various occasions.  That is the weather reports to you Vox*

If you would take a 4 minute break every hour, a self break it would make a huge impact on your life and the world around you.  

A storm has just passed.  The sky is so alive.  The color of the clouds has changed from black to white; as they have released their excess energy.  The wind is about 35 miles per hour and the clouds are like race cars racing north.   The backdrop of the race is pure blue heaven and shining stars and its beautiful.

This morning the skies were grey, in many many shades of grey.  To see so many shades of one color is truly a vivid rich feel.  Like rich fabric that has strikingly different texture.  If you have ever wondered how many things in the same space you could make in the same color and still have everything stand out.  The sky is the biggest canvas of all, from this mortal point of view ;}

This afternoon the skies were black and rain, beautiful swirling black pearls in the sky.  Like the biggest bucket of paint being mixed in the world.  I have a front row seat, and the presence of the wind for each fresh experience with the sky.  *Its a free eye feast every day and night* shhhhh

While we were at the movies it snowed and the skies turned very blue. It has rained and warmed up since.  The sky is clearing, the ground is fresh and nature is so alive.  The wind is fresh, and in turn with my fresh and alive prospective, I am fresh also~

I like to look often, as it is ever changing; as I am also ever changing, it brings me back to myself.

To spend time looking at the changes in the sky, I also get to take inventory of my own changes.  I get to release stress and enjoy the best free gift we will ever get.  That gift is the nature, the sky and our senses.

Use what you have.  You have the senses to see the world in many ways.  Take time to notice the changes around you, and more importantly, the changes within.  Everything you need is free and within your grasp at every moment.

Live a Little;} 4 minutes at a time
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 14, 2003, 12:03:12 AM
Reply #1

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I ought to give that a try some time.

Maybe in 10 mins or so.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 14, 2003, 12:09:19 AM
Reply #2

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The gift of 4 minutes out of any given hour is enough to save your sanity at the very least dear! :elephant:   That way you don't have a  :cow:
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 14, 2003, 12:12:38 AM
Reply #3

qi_master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
LadyKalee,
That was beautiful, and inspiring. Things are more simple than people realize. I liked it.

December 14, 2003, 01:21:47 AM
Reply #4

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Well, people say quality speaks for itself and this post proves it,  nice post kalee many more to come i hope.
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

December 14, 2003, 01:24:26 AM
Reply #5

PsiBlade

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Inspiring, Kalee. Only three hours since i started and I already feel the difference.

However, you may want to change your wording a bit. "Every hour of the day and night" will have people waking yp 8 or 9 times a night lol.

December 14, 2003, 02:12:01 AM
Reply #6

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I will fix that error and thank you.  I reccomend that as often as possible this is done.  Granted we all have duties in our lives that last longer than an hour, say school or even going to a movie.  It is not like I am going to yell for a break in a movie theatre or anything like that.  It is not drastic, it is done with flow and ease, and in return adds flow and ease to your life!  So even thou it cannot be done every hour, do the best you can in the hours that you are able to do so without making excuses.  I fully understand the constraints of life and time.
It is easier to spend 4 minutes an hour often that it is to make a full hour available everyday.  if it was a one hour block of time needed I would never afford myself that hour.  There is very little excuse for a mere 4 minutes!
Rock on buddy, and may the pleasure and benifits be abundant for you!

December 14, 2003, 01:58:35 PM
Reply #7

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
Great post kalee. i have actualy been doing this thing for ages. whenever i get stressed or overloaded i go for a walk and do this thing and i agree, it is remarkable. my friends think i'm crazy cos i go for walks and stuff, though i just wish they could experiance this.

my favourite place for doing this is in the woods near my school, the trees are amazing and i simply lack th4e adjectives to descride the feeling.

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 14, 2003, 02:08:09 PM
Reply #8

Quagmire

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
As what everyone else has stated, that is some good advice. I do like to take a few minutes from time to time just to relax and get away from the everyday hustle-bustle, though it isnt every hour. I'll keep those words in mind, as it can help in my training.
-Q

December 15, 2003, 08:14:36 AM
Reply #9

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Marvelous work, it is inspiring and has good advice it's better to do little at a time frequently then a large amount at once....like some philosopher once said "You can do things two ways, lift 1 large stone 1000 times, or lift 1000 small stones one time." or something along that lines anyway. Overall a great piece of work. By the way any reason for the number 4 minutes?

December 15, 2003, 01:39:12 PM
Reply #10

Egel

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
4 minutes? That's well.. A bit of a.. crappy thing..  to do

I check myself every moment, and I always try to see the good in someone. Also, when your life is improved, no more stress and all, and suddenly something happens and you completely freak out. Your life is destroyed.

Let's say your parents are slaughtered in front of your eyes  :( . After that you will get into a depression, and, it will seem even tougher and meaner then when you lived a 'normal' (forgive me for the definition) life.

To prevent is better then to heal..
(Rafnul) I'm too attracted to guys right now.
(Rafnul) I probably won't ever be.

December 15, 2003, 04:30:08 PM
Reply #11

Quagmire

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
If you make it through that hurdle (which would be tough to do) lets just say "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger."
-Q

December 15, 2003, 05:31:31 PM
Reply #12

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
4 mins is more than enough time if your starting off in this feild. You don't want to rush in to long stretchs of doing this if your new to it and some people may not have time to check themselves and that around them "all the time".
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

December 16, 2003, 03:43:19 PM
Reply #13

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Wow Kalee, it would seem that I've been doing that for the longest time lol (though not in an organized fashion). I do almost the exact same thing except that I also do in indoors. Finding a remote place or a secluded spot near a window also has the same effects. Personally, I like to either sit by a body of water with the wind blowing against my face, or sit alone in the ice rink after my P.E. period of ice skating. I think that any isolation could help, but nature seems to be a bit more effective.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

December 16, 2003, 05:36:43 PM
Reply #14

intox

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
I check myself every moment, and I always try to see the good in someone. Also, when your life is improved, no more stress and all, and suddenly something happens and you completely freak out. Your life is destroyed.

this will happen no matter what state of life you are in...

To prevent is better then to heal..

then why live?
As the tears of a snowdrop,
Traverse my dented scars.
Cleanse the illusions of lonliness,
Oh, wonderous white clusters.
Dissolve the fetters of blinding summer,
And plunge me back into
My "emotional winter".

-A poem of mine...