Author Topic: When magnets and chi mix  (Read 6827 times)

December 13, 2003, 10:20:45 PM
Read 6827 times

DarkWaterMoon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
I have heard that when you meditate with a magnet, your chi flows better and stronger. Is this true? Has anyone else heard this?

December 13, 2003, 10:23:13 PM
Reply #1

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
I have heard of something called magnetic healing, where you place magnets on your body, also keeping a water jug over a magnet, then drinking from the water in that jug (magnetic healing water :p) but no, I have not heard of what you speak of, yet.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

December 14, 2003, 12:47:20 AM
Reply #2

PsiBlade

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Magnets, if used correctly, can have the effect of opening/closing chakras. When I say, "Chakra" I do not beam the seven main energy centers, but the thousands of tiny energy points in the body often used in acipuncture.

Now, of course, no magnet is powerful to open/close one of the seven main chakras, but if you know exactly what your doing, it is possible to use magnets to help open/close certain energy points, making the flow of chi/qi/ki easier.

I personally do not reccomend the use of magnets unless you are a certified acipuncture therapist, and have thourally researched the feild of using magnets in acipuncture. I say this because using magnets can have unprectiable results if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

December 14, 2003, 08:05:29 AM
Reply #3

The True One

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i have never tried magnets before...

December 14, 2003, 10:47:43 PM
Reply #4

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
You may be refering to Pete Ragnar's stuff. While I do agree that magnets can have a beneficial effect on your qigong training if you use them during your practice. I will not agree with his absurd price for the magnet he sells. You can find cheaper ones and use any qigong method you wish.

December 15, 2003, 04:17:48 PM
Reply #5

DarkWaterMoon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
Josh you're psychic or something! Do you use magnets?

December 15, 2003, 09:17:59 PM
Reply #6

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
What kind of harm could magnets do to you?

^ _
0 0
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 16, 2003, 12:18:44 PM
Reply #7

Here and There

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valleyart.biz
I've never heard of using magnets before, but it seems like the field around the magnet might effect something.
Having been struck once, and object is only more likely to break when struck again; don't strike me.

December 16, 2003, 01:19:54 PM
Reply #8

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
I don't like to use anything that will get my 'chi flowing better'. It's flowing just fine, thank you.

That, and for god's sake don't believe those people, they're only after your money. You an achieve all of those results they promise you, and more, with just a little hard work.

Nobody ever said it's easy.  :cow:
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

December 16, 2003, 01:49:34 PM
Reply #9

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
So DD, will the magnets not effect you, or is it just better to try proper methods like are placed in your articles (they're bloody good so far, btw =D)? I'm not suggesting that I'm so lazy I would use the magnets over actual QiGong exercises, but I'm curious. If they do work - wouldn't the effects be better if you did both the exercises and used the magnets in whatever way?

PS: I love your sig DD =P
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 16, 2003, 01:55:34 PM
Reply #10

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
I don't know...for once, I don't know. The effects of magnets on the flow of Chi are too 'vague' too study, simply because I'm still unable to determine if it's something YOU do, but you THINK the magnet is doing, or something the magnet itself is doing to you.

So far, on tests with myself, I found out that there is no (noticable) difference between Chi + magnets and just 'regular' Chi flow. But I need a lot more opinions on that matter to form a conclusion. So I don't know. Yet.

The point is, if you THINK the magnets will help, they WILL. That's common knowledge. So if you think Chi-exercises are better done with a stick of butter on your head...be my guest ;). But I do not know yet if the magnet itself produces actual effect, or if you generate the effects because you think the magnet is doing something.  :cow:

(ps. Thanks  :D I try my best ;) )
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

December 17, 2003, 04:27:32 AM
Reply #11

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Heh, personally this is a problem me faces when having to consider whether something makes an effect with chi :p

*smacks forehead* woo, effect on chi

*sings* woo , more effect on chi

thats it. its official, singing and wacking myself on the head is good for chi :p

*Well , singing IS good for the health and so perhaps maybe so for chi flow too, well classical atleast, but I wont comment as my fingers are wierdly numb and I cannot type anymore*
:elephant: oh, and phear the pinky
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.