Author Topic: (Articles) Read this!  (Read 4963 times)

July 04, 2005, 04:20:15 AM
Read 4963 times

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Woargh!

Welcome to the give-DD-a-suggestion-for-an-article-sticky! I'll keep it short, I'm only asking you "what article would you like to see?" The best two suggestions or so  I'll have a go at, and as long as it's not about Psionics or Magick nearly every subject is fine by me. Want a "how do I immobilise someone in two easy steps" article? Let me hear it! Want a "Qi Gong health routines for busy people" article? Lemme hear it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:38:49 AM by kobok »
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

July 04, 2005, 04:32:56 AM
Reply #1

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
*cough*
http://www.theveritasacademy.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5594

Other then that, what I want is a nice Chi Kung routine (which preferably involves movement - I had a lot of trouble with Zhan Zhuang simply because I can't stay still that long. It seems to be mostly a physical thing moreso then mental. It's too uncomfortable.) with any real basis. Health, martial arts, whatever! It's all good. =)
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

July 04, 2005, 05:45:26 AM
Reply #2

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
Let's just say that first suggestion is taken into heavy considerance. Including a complete revision of the other Qi Gong books as the main project of my vacation. :)
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

July 04, 2005, 04:32:55 PM
Reply #3

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I love you DD. =)

But dont waste your vacation time! *garsp* We'd hate to think we're stressing you out even when you're not able to visit the forums. =P

July 04, 2005, 05:17:57 PM
Reply #4

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
On the most recent forecast, the outlook onbchapters 10 - 12 are:

Chapter 10: poetry in motion;
This chapter will deal with the intrecacies of Chi Kung and movement, going deeper into the processes of Chi Kung and movement, correct posture for optimal energy flow,  etcetera.

Chapter 11: reach out and really TOUCH someone!
This will be the baby-steps into inner energy attacking and defending, as well as something for practice, intended to be done with a sparring partner. This will include exercises such as sticky hands, connecting your energy to that of another (by means of a punch) and maybe some friendly freestyle hand-to-hand combat thingamajigs.

Chapter 12: Aiki
Following the chapter on some 'lesser' (sic) energetic attacks, this chapter starts to scratch the surface of the vastness that is aiki. I will try to convey simple Aiki exercises to the readers, that can be intergrated into the material of the last chapter. Think along the lines of very simple coöperative throws; I don't have the dillusion that I can teach the billion-and-one forms of Kokyu nage through this article. Rather, these will be simplified nage, designed to give the reader/victim a basic understanding of the feeling of Aiki. I'm convinced that with a firm foundation in Aiki, the training and understanding of Chi will go so much better.

I guess I can state quite welk now that I'm going to have another go at the Qi Gong books...in other words, I'll see what I can do. :) It's top priority, seeing as that there seems to be some demand for it.

(oh, and if my spelling is a bit sucky, it's 02:17 AM and I'm browsing from a PDA ;) )
~DD

July 04, 2005, 07:14:24 PM
Reply #5

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
*cries and hugs DD*
I LOVE YOU DARKDUCK! YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!

July 04, 2005, 10:12:13 PM
Reply #6

Kurishian

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Hmm Articles I would like to see...

I'm always interested in more on traditional chinese medicine,
I'd like to see a coherent article on basic taichi (chuan)
The I Ching is really cool,
An article that covers the certain psi/magick related topics with a martial arts approach would be nifty,

And that's about all I've got for ideas. I tried the taichi and I ching articles myself, but writing just isn't my greatest strength.

Hoping this thread isn't dead,
~Kuri
One can find happiness even in suffering

July 04, 2005, 10:48:40 PM
Reply #7

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
An article that covers the certain psi/magick related topics with a martial arts approach would be nifty,

Was that a joke?

July 05, 2005, 07:23:37 AM
Reply #8

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Well personally, I want to see a Qigong Class to fill in the gap in our bitchin Veritas Trinity  :P

But article wise...hmm....lets see A "how to imobalize someone in two easy steps" sounds neet :X, and umm....I wana see some yoga articles put up. I dunno how much you know about yoga DD, but I thought I'd ask. ^_^"

July 05, 2005, 08:11:28 AM
Reply #9

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I think an article on some easy to remember techniques for dealing with predators would be an excellent addition.  Sure, many of the women on Veritas might already know how to deal with one, but I think it would be best if there was an actual article on the issue, that involves more than kicking the guy in the groin.

July 05, 2005, 04:47:17 PM
Reply #10

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Actually TYA, I believe Star put up a Yoga article recently. Not sure how good it is as I havent read it and can't really clarify on the validity of it anyway. I'm sure it's fine, but you know. Anyway; whatever. =P

But Trowa - kicking a guy in the groin DOES work. Why do something else if you dont have to? =P

July 05, 2005, 04:56:41 PM
Reply #11

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Actually tsu i was reading that article a while ago.

And just to be a little random. Women can now buy coats with huge electroshocks. SO if some one grabs them they just press a button on the cuff and BIZZZZZZAP!!!! Kentucky Fried Rapist!

Oh and look at teh sexy beast! :heart:

July 06, 2005, 06:14:28 PM
Reply #12

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
As much as I'd love to; I don't know the first thing about Yoga, so I'm not stupid enough to pretend I can write an article about it :P . There are plenty of guys and girls at Veritas who can do a much better job at that than me.

On another note, I'm making good progress at the Qi Gong book; I think I'm about 50% done with chapter 10. I hope to get it done the day after tomorrow, after I do more research on some simple T'ai Chi Chi Kung routines that I have in mind.
I'll keep you guys posted! Meanwhile, keep'em suggestions coming ladies! You lot can do better than this :p .
~DD

July 06, 2005, 06:19:27 PM
Reply #13

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
fine fine fine.....umm....how about some crazy magic and chi collision thing?

How to manipulate the wind with external qigong?

That is possible right? If it isn't you lied! Somewhere you said you can do anything with chi that magic can do.

I really don't know what I'm talking about.

how about Qigong for teh bus or other puplic crowded areas?

July 06, 2005, 06:36:34 PM
Reply #14

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
Ladies and gentlemen, gives the fucking psychic a prize; in one post he just mentioned two articles that are also planned for the next couple'o weeks :P do you have access to the staff forums or something you sneaky bastard? ;)
~DD