Author Topic: How do YOU fight?  (Read 9435 times)

July 13, 2005, 04:45:27 PM
Reply #45

[Lotus]

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
that would be ideal, but a technique like that can backfire pretty bad.  All it takes is a quick knee to the face of a person trying to spear a guy to knock him out.  (Your speed + your weight + your strength + a head-first lunge) + (a knee strike + opponents strength + opponents weight + opponents speed) = one helluva impact on your face.
As a lotus flower is born in water, grows in water only to rise out of water and stand above it unsoiled, so shall I, born in the world, raised in the world, having overcome the world, one day live unsoiled by the woRld

July 14, 2005, 12:13:48 AM
Reply #46

Bad Moon

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.intothelight.cjb.net
I go for throat, Direct hit to throat or direct upper blow to the nose cause ine nose to break eyes to water. Hopefully by that point they no longer want to fight but if they still do i use a aikido wrist lock and break the wrist. Hopefully they will get the point but if not go for pressure points eyes groin any other area tahat hurts like hell. If i am loosing dramatically i grap anything that sticks off the body such asa  nose or ear and give that a nice yank and they usally let go. If not u can always punch them in the nuts, hopefully i never have t kill someone but if needed id do a direct back fist to the throat and crush the throat. Eye goging is always nice other than that i fight to win people may call it cheap panzee fighting but i do not fight to get my ass beat i fight to win.

July 14, 2005, 10:38:44 AM
Reply #47

Templar

• View Profile
Well, I've only been in one real fight but I did what I'll always do: Stand in Hapkido stance with leopard fist, wait for the oponent to act and block with my fist, then kick his ribs if its a kick or hit his throat with its a punch.

July 29, 2005, 10:56:01 AM
Reply #48

sparmaster

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Ive never been in a real fight, because i just scare off people that piss me off. :wink: I have been in small tournaments between freinds with rules (no hits to the neck and above, or groin, and no taking advantage of small joints) in that i usually just keep distance and counter everyone of there moves.  Then take advantage of there loss of concentration when they become agrivated.

We Need YOU!

http://neoinuyasha.proboards42.com/index.cgi

Hope to see you there

August 02, 2005, 10:19:59 AM
Reply #49

Spartan62

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Veritas Spartan warrior
    • View Profile
I havent really ever been in any fights but I guess thats becuase no one would be that stupid :biggrin:.
Use your own hand instead of calling upon fortune. -Plutarch
A man should be upright, not be kept upright. - Marcus Aurelius

August 03, 2005, 02:47:46 PM
Reply #50

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
I havent really ever been in any fights but I guess thats becuase no one would be that stupid :biggrin:.

There's someone stronger than you right around the corner. And he's a hells angel with a baseball bat. :teethy:
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

August 25, 2005, 12:31:51 AM
Reply #51

Oblivion

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
well it all depends, I'm new to it, but I use a brazilian jiu-jitsu style form of fighting. Streetfigt, the opponent has to come in some time, even if I throw a weak punch at him, he'll attempt a counter-attack, take him to the ground, get in the top mounted position, if he knows nothing of jiu-jitsu, I'll hit him in the head a few times, any blows from him will do minmal damage as he'll have reduced leverage, after hitting him in head a few times and him not being able to do anything, he'll turn on him stomache to avoid head shots, choke hold from there until he is unconcious, little damage, I've won the fight, could've killed him if held choke longer. Fight for fun, same stuff but they probably know my style too and with either beat me or we'll go at it for a good 30 mins to an hour before we have to stop, oh yeah and we don't hit, we only aim for submissions. It's a simple and extremely effective stlye and strikers and most other styles if used properly.

Another thing is people who have learned a style or think they can fight but never have will be exetremely cautious in battle. Things rarely go as smoothly as you want, if your oppoent has any skill he won't let you preform a move effectively, simple or not, unless of course if he doesn't know that your making him open up to you(the punch in face till they roll over and choke them). Even if I am hit but in the face but it grazes off my face from a slight movement, I evaded a blow that could have done significant dammage.
"I know everything!" they look at me stupidly, "Oh yeah? Then how do you stop a balck hole?" "I don't remember...""So then you don't know everything do you?""I said I know everything, not that remembered everything!"

"I can do anything!"Oh yeah! Then fly!"I said I CAN do anthing not I will do it."

September 03, 2005, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #52

Murray

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Pull my finger, I'm an Aikidoka
    • View Profile
The strategy I used the other weekend when attacked:

1. Realize that you're actually in danger. This was the hard part (really), as the guy attacking me was as stupid as a braindamaged mongoloid 5 year old born in Tjernobyl... that is dead. I was merely passing by him, and he made up some bullshit excuse to make his gang attack me and my friend. Fuckass.

2. Get out of his grip. My friend, who is sometimes a pussy, actually said the magic word that make all bullies go "Pling!", which is "please". "Please let us go, I'm a weak wuss who wouldn't hurt a fly if it was shooting at me. Oh no, thinking of such a scary creature made me pee my pants! Where are you, mommy?!?!" Something like that. This is a no-no, everyone. So it was up to me to give us an escape route, whereas I remembered some wise words from none else than Darkduck: "In a group fight, the way to survival  is to use every dirty trick you can pull out of your ass". Isn't that enlightening... Anyway, after an extremely quick evaluation of my situation (while the bully is cocking his fist back, ready for a big punch), I decide to throw the beer bottle I'm holding right in his ugly face.

3. Run. This is obvious, and it must be done without hestiating, and with all force. If you don't get away from an already angry idiot whom you just hurled a glass bottle at (Extreme Makeover style), then "sorry" isn't going to do the trick. Sure, you can stay and fight, but with numbers heavily in your disfavor, running is the safe bet.

Another weekend survived. The moral of this unwanted experience: Punch first. If someone attacks you for no reason, then arguing is 100% pointless. Realize that this isn't a normal situation, that social skills are useless, and that you're in danger. Then give the guy a nice hit in, for example, the jaw from the front or the nose, and run fast as hell. You're not getting away with your hands all clean anyway, just hit the bastard.
"A dream where I slowly suck out a clown's vital organs with a hoover is a GOOD DREAM!"
 - Darkduck

September 04, 2005, 05:06:01 AM
Reply #53

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
The strategy I used the other weekend when attacked:

1. Realize that you're actually in danger. This was the hard part (really), as the guy attacking me was as stupid as a braindamaged mongoloid 5 year old born in Tjernobyl... that is dead. I was merely passing by him, and he made up some bullshit excuse to make his gang attack me and my friend. Fuckass.

2. Get out of his grip. My friend, who is sometimes a pussy, actually said the magic word that make all bullies go "Pling!", which is "please". "Please let us go, I'm a weak wuss who wouldn't hurt a fly if it was shooting at me. Oh no, thinking of such a scary creature made me pee my pants! Where are you, mommy?!?!" Something like that. This is a no-no, everyone. So it was up to me to give us an escape route, whereas I remembered some wise words from none else than Darkduck: "In a group fight, the way to survival  is to use every dirty trick you can pull out of your ass". Isn't that enlightening... Anyway, after an extremely quick evaluation of my situation (while the bully is cocking his fist back, ready for a big punch), I decide to throw the beer bottle I'm holding right in his ugly face.

3. Run. This is obvious, and it must be done without hestiating, and with all force. If you don't get away from an already angry idiot whom you just hurled a glass bottle at (Extreme Makeover style), then "sorry" isn't going to do the trick. Sure, you can stay and fight, but with numbers heavily in your disfavor, running is the safe bet.

Another weekend survived. The moral of this unwanted experience: Punch first. If someone attacks you for no reason, then arguing is 100% pointless. Realize that this isn't a normal situation, that social skills are useless, and that you're in danger. Then give the guy a nice hit in, for example, the jaw from the front or the nose, and run fast as hell. You're not getting away with your hands all clean anyway, just hit the bastard.

ROFL- AMEN TO THAT!

ps. doing the "Oh noes don't hurteth me big man! I want my mummy! *pee's pants*" routine can actually give you an edge/element of suprise/deceit :P
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

September 04, 2005, 03:08:25 PM
Reply #54

psychicT0201

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas_Hobo - Master of Hobokinesis
    • View Profile

ps. doing the "Oh noes don't hurteth me big man! I want my mummy! *pee's pants*" routine can actually give you an edge/element of suprise/deceit :P
[/quote]

haha

September 04, 2005, 04:09:30 PM
Reply #55

Spartan62

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Veritas Spartan warrior
    • View Profile
I wouldn't try it, while your screwing around acting scared a lot of people would put a cap in you.
Use your own hand instead of calling upon fortune. -Plutarch
A man should be upright, not be kept upright. - Marcus Aurelius

September 04, 2005, 06:41:48 PM
Reply #56

psychicT0201

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas_Hobo - Master of Hobokinesis
    • View Profile
tru, i think the wussy tech is a funny one tho  :biggrin:

September 21, 2005, 12:00:55 AM
Reply #57

cyanide

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
"please don't flame me, i have the social skills of a dead cow" - the forum equivalent.

i've only been in two semi-fights before. one time sparring with longswords (well, a longsword and a tent pole :P), where i just kept the upper hand by giving my opponent easy to block stuff, while trying to find a good open spot to strike, and some guy at school attacked me once. i blocked instinctively, not even realizing what i was doing until i felt his fist on my hand.
so basically, my style is to make sure the opponent knows i've got the upper hand, even when i don't, and keep that up until i find some good spot. one problem with instinctive fighting: my friends don't really like the fact that my fingers and knuckles really seem to be attracted to all kinds of really weak and painful spots.....