Author Topic: The future in a dream  (Read 1071 times)

June 09, 2005, 11:29:39 PM
Read 1071 times

matt7_87

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/marevolution
A few years ago I had a dream.
No this isn't an MLK speech, (I know that was pretty bad)
Anyway one night I had a vision in my dream of me standing in some warehouse store looking place with a woman named margie who was one of the activities workers at the retirement home I volunteered at. At first I thought nothing of it. But one day while I was volunteering Margie asked me to go with her to the store to buy some more stuff to put in the little store we had. So we were walking down the aisles and then suddenly something clicked in my head, the picture came flooding back into my head. At first I was really freaked out. I didn't know what to think of it or who to tell. Since then I have continued to have these visions. I even predicted one, however as time passed they became more frequent, and less powerful. Today I can no longer remember them yet I still sometimes get that feeling.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.
Perhaps a way in which I can better recall my dreams.
Any insight would help.
Thx,
Matt7_87

June 10, 2005, 04:19:46 AM
Reply #1

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
I have also had dreams that fortale the future.  However for me they are always incredably clear in my mind (which is how I know what they are).  They are also often in riddles, which are hard to decifer before the event.

However I do also have dreams of more meanial future events, these are not so rememberable.  What I would recomend would be to keep a dream journal which you write your dreams everytime you wake up, this works becuase when you wake up the dream is clearest and you will remember it beter.  You can also try mediation when you wake up, this should help bring the nights events to the forefront of your mind.

Remeber though that you don't always get dreams of the future, I know from personal experience that they can stop every so often, only to come back again.
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

June 10, 2005, 09:20:07 PM
Reply #2

matt7_87

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/marevolution
It was intersesting because they were always visions of everyday events, things like going to the store, school, sports. When I first had them they were very clear and none seemed to need decoding. However, maybe the message is in the simplicity.