Author Topic: QiGong Class?  (Read 11577 times)

May 14, 2005, 01:25:10 PM
Read 11577 times

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
HEy, Im just wondering are we ever going to get a QiGong class going? I mean Kobok's starting his second round of Psionics classes and Proph's second round of magic classes are schedualed for sometime in june and I still havent heard ANYTHING on a qigong class. Is there ever going to be one? I mean it seems odd to have one of our top 3 fourms without a class.

May 25, 2005, 01:49:29 PM
Reply #1

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Qi Gong can actually be learnt outside of Veritas through professional teachers (though decent ones may be hard to find), whereas it might be a bit harder to find a professional Psion or Magician offering classes. That said I would like to see one :p
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

May 26, 2005, 11:34:51 PM
Reply #2

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
It's a bit harder to learn/teach when you dont have that person with you and can see what they are doing, so you can correct them or seeing if you are doing it right.

It would probably only be effective if the person being taught has already had some qigong experience.

A peering system is good, like in the real world, don't have to be some supreme master, just teach as much as you know, can teach each other as much as you know as well.

June 20, 2005, 01:33:22 AM
Reply #3

minnatrix

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from: Talyn
Qi Gong can actually be learnt outside of Veritas through professional teachers (though decent ones may be hard to find), whereas it might be a bit harder to find a professional Psion or Magician offering classes. That said I would like to see one :p

I have one near me, but it costs somewhere in the thousands dollar range just for a class.

June 20, 2005, 03:08:21 AM
Reply #4

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Athril, what if both parties involved use webcams and have high speed internet connections ? It would make things just a little easier.Ofcourse , we would have to wait till they launch multi camera + Headset units for computers to give depth judgement [that would really rock] but till then I guess a webcam could be better than nothing.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

June 20, 2005, 07:37:44 PM
Reply #5

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
I think it could work if someone were to actually take an interest in organizing it. Web cams would be a requirement perhaps, but its better than not haveing a class at all. It just seems like a big gap.

June 28, 2005, 06:27:28 PM
Reply #6

Lone Gunman

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
Greetings. I myself practice Qi Gong, not implying that I'll start a class lol, I'm not exactly experienced enough to even show people anything beyond the very basics. But this is why I wish to learn more. My Sifu has been an invaluable asset in my training, but added support at home (as in through the net as well) may enhance my training at least. I look forward to any such classes or advice forums.

Lone Gunman
Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without a moon or stars.

-Confucius

July 09, 2005, 11:22:26 PM
Reply #7

Bad Moon

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.intothelight.cjb.net
It would be awesome to have a qigong class if you do count me in that would be freaking amazing.

End

Moon

July 17, 2005, 01:56:24 AM
Reply #8

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Well, since I am the head of anything Qi Gong on Veritas I'll get into this discussion :wink: .
Although there are people on Veritas who can teach certain aspects of Qi Gong, I oppose this. Not only is it very hard to teach any form of Qi Gong over the internet, but a lot of fields have a certain dangerous aspect to them (be it in the way of dangerous motions that might hurt you physically, or things that can very well demolish your energetic system if done incorrectly) . We could teach, but we just think that it won't work out.

The vision of the BEA-departement on what kind of Qi Gong we give and specifically, how we are going to give it, is as follows "we want to give people who study Qi Gong a strong helping hand, several new points of view on their training, support, and a place where you can ask questions. With a few exceptions, we do not teach full Qi Gong forms; (exceptions to this rule might be things such as Aiki Taiso, Zhan Zhuang, and so on and so forth). The bottom line is: learn any form of Qi Gong from a master, and we will try to give you as much information on the side as possible".
(N.B. you can replace 'Qi Gong' in the text above with 'martial arts' and other fields that BEA deals with).

Ergo: with a few exceptions we don't teach you the Qi Gong forms, you learn them from a certified master, and we give you as much side-info as possible to improve your training to the maximum. This is what we at BEA have been doing all along :smilie: . And as with all things, this topic is also debatable; if someone comes up with exception skill in teaching over the internet (i.e. the webcam example), don't hesitate to scream at me!
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

July 29, 2005, 03:19:53 PM
Reply #9

Xiphere

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
No offense DD but you said it would be hard to learn Qigong from internet chat room. I leanred mine from a book, but it did have pictures in it and scientific diagrams of Ki channels and such. So i guess you are right. It would be hard to put those kinda iamages onto a chat room.

-X-
Call me X if you will...long storie behind that nikname.

August 01, 2005, 05:16:34 AM
Reply #10

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
What actually did you learn from a book?
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

August 08, 2005, 09:07:14 PM
Reply #11

Fight_Scene

• View Profile
Although there are people on Veritas who can teach certain aspects of Qi Gong, I oppose this. Not only is it very hard to teach any form of Qi Gong over the internet, but a lot of fields have a certain dangerous aspect to them (be it in the way of dangerous motions that might hurt you physically, or things that can very well demolish your energetic system if done incorrectly)

teaching anything indirectly will not be as effective as first hand instruction, however, there would be no bad effects of wrong or incorrect practice, you simply wouldn't progress.

QiGong is quite simple and basic, once foundations and principles are understood progress is natural.

September 23, 2005, 06:44:44 AM
Reply #12

JC

• View Profile
question for you DD do you know qigong? do you know lentation ? do you know OBE?  if you do i think its kind of shaddy that you dont teash i know you dont want no one to get hurt but this stuff can actually help ppl  send me a pm abaut the subject.
Everything is possible if you believe it is

September 23, 2005, 11:41:56 AM
Reply #13

Zankuro

• Veritas Furniture

• Trasholin Can Fu Master

• Personal Text
    "DD APPR0VED! A-OKAYH"
    • View Profile
He does teach, there is just a difficulty in hands on teaching, which is what these types of things require over the internet (for obvious reasons).

I can assure you there isn't soemthing shady about Darkduck other than his name.

Oh.. by the way. Don't expect our posts to be here for long. Lentation is a banned subject, DD doesn't allow it. Please don't bring it up. Note that this is for safety reasons; agan, nothing "shady".
If your heart is large enough to envelop your adversaries, you can see right through them and avoid their attacks. And once you envelop them, you will be able to guide them along the path indicated to you by heaven and earth.
~Morihei Ueshiba

September 23, 2005, 04:52:44 PM
Reply #14

Natus Denuo

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Son of A Gun!
    • View Profile
DD did make mention of possibly making a "safe" lentation article a while ago...dunno what happened to that, though.
Quote from: kobok
As for TVs, if you need an expensive and phallic representation of your manhood which will go bad in a short period of time, buy plasma.  Otherwise, buy an LCD.