1) the mentors answer questions and guide studies/practices
2) we have put together a big compilation of basics article to be released soon, but that is just a side thing, not our actual purpose.
3) we are a pretty diverse group, probably taking 5 students or less each, and we are placing people according to the general theme of their interests, since we are all multidisciplinary. (so your over all interest might be controlling your environment, improving fighting abilities, or healing the sick, etc)
4) to be a mentor, you have to be multidisciplinary, have the ability to help others with their studies, and the willingness to put aside time for it. a mentor candidate will be judged by how they convey information, and their general reputation. (mentors have zero privilages). An applicant needs nothing to apply, but it helps for them to know what they want to study, of course, we will help them figure that out if needed.
5) its a very long running plot to force people into buying them in sets of 48.