Author Topic: Treatise on Elemental Magic  (Read 58381 times)

July 02, 2007, 03:14:32 PM
Reply #15

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I really just started doing these meditations quite recently and the only one i wasnt able to do was the water one but the day after i started my brother asked my dad about a pool and today we went and bought a small 15 foot by 42 inch tall pool just for lounging and i thought that it was interesting how the nessecary things came as i needed them. Then again it could just be dumb luck.

July 22, 2007, 10:18:02 PM
Reply #16

Pursuit of Knowledge

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
All the while, however, let not your mind wander too deeply into the earth itself, but keep your wits about you, and let no roots come up from the earth and attach to you, for Gaia delights too much in pulling her children into her bosom, and this is dangerous for the unfocused magician, who appears to Gaia as one of her own at the moment of this mental transfiguration.

I am reading this as a beginner, having done nothing except read of and absorb all of the elementalism containing in the writings of Prophecy; also I have done nothing magical except read and do a bit of minor elementalism concerning the air and fire with no rituals. I am delighted to have stumbled upon Veritas, perfect to get me and many others started.

I must compliment your articles, this one being in the spotlight. Very well-written to my knowledge of grammar and language. It is concise, and I trust your knowledge. This will undoubtedly serve as a base for many future works of magic I may do.

Now down to my point of the post...
I am confused with the above quote, what would happen if one was to let their mind wander off for the process? And if the roots did attach to you what consequence would befall you?
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart ~old Indian saying

Do not comfort yourself by failing less than your peers. If you fall short of ideal target feel comforted, if short of realistic target work harder. ~Raitaro

July 23, 2007, 01:43:02 PM
Reply #17

Wushi

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Om Namah Shivaya
    • View Profile
wow, this article has truely helped me alot, and gave me alot of fresh energy to keep practicing and keep walking at a decent pace.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom prophecy
Konx Om Pax

July 24, 2007, 09:31:53 AM
Reply #18

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
I am confused with the above quote, what would happen if one was to let their mind wander off for the process? And if the roots did attach to you what consequence would befall you?

As with most such warning in the field of magic, this one is associated with a range of problems which can go from minor to lethal.  With a minor problem, this wandering would make one's mind absorb certain vices and virtues of the earth element, which would in turn tilt his magical development off balance.  Though he would be better at working with the earth element, this kind of imbalance could be a devastating setback that could take months to correct before the magician could continue his evolution again.  In the worst scenario, the more advanced magician could in fact develop a rapport with the less friendly beings of the subterranean caverns within the Earth, who would reach up and try to pull his spirit down to them, mistakingly identifying him as one of their own.  The magician would lose conscious control over his spirit, and would forcibly astral project.  These beings would carry of his spirit, and if he was not strong enough to resist them, the cord between his spirit and his body would eventually fade away.  The diagnosed cause of death would be a heart attack.  This is of course the worse imaginable scenario, as well as the least likely, but its possibility is enough to merit a genuine warning. 

January 04, 2008, 05:16:52 PM
Reply #19

west01

• Settling In

• View Profile
Can you do the fire meditation exercise when you throw your roots up to the sun at night time, or must it be during the day.  I have a very busy day schedule.  (sunup to sunset)

January 08, 2008, 04:17:04 AM
Reply #20

west01

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'll take this as a no? :)

January 08, 2008, 06:01:22 PM
Reply #21

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
This particular meditation should be done during the day.

January 09, 2008, 04:23:12 AM
Reply #22

west01

• Settling In

• View Profile
Yeah thought so if the water meditation had to be done at the beach.  Thanks prophecy.

February 16, 2009, 02:19:30 PM
Reply #23

Sacredemblem

• View Profile
That was well written.Thanks for summarizing your entire depth knowledge about elementals.I'm pretty new in this forum and I'm starting to learn a lot... :)
Here comes the letter which launch a thousand ship...^_^

May 10, 2009, 09:14:38 AM
Reply #24

Canchero

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Wow...great article.

A few questions...

1.  Regarding the elemental meditations, for how long should they be done?  A week for each element?  A month for each? May they be done at the same times, or should Air be completed before moving on to fire?

2.  Prophecy mentions some aspects of the article (like the accumulation) are from Step IV of Bardon.  If one is not yet up to Step IV, is it still OK to continue with Prophecy's meditations, or should they be waited on until one advances with Bardon sufficiently?

Thanks!
Id rather be a slave on earth for another man, some dirt-poor tenant farmer who scrapes to keep alive, than rule down here over all the breathless dead.
-Achilles (The Odyssey, Book 11).

December 25, 2009, 05:24:21 PM
Reply #25

Aurora

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
I was just wondering if any of the members of the forum had taken this treatise and used it as their practice manual from start to finish and what the results of that were?

Thanks for your time,
Aurora
Doam Kalla

March 07, 2011, 07:53:10 AM
Reply #26

RomanHD

• View Profile
I am sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I am reading Prophecy's elemental treatise right now, and have the same questions as Canchero cited below. I am also wondering if it is reasonable to start with the elemental meditations without having completed any of Bardon's exercises. Could we please get an answer? Thanks!

1.  Regarding the elemental meditations, for how long should they be done?  A week for each element?  A month for each? May they be done at the same times, or should Air be completed before moving on to fire?

2.  Prophecy mentions some aspects of the article (like the accumulation) are from Step IV of Bardon.  If one is not yet up to Step IV, is it still OK to continue with Prophecy's meditations, or should they be waited on until one advances with Bardon sufficiently?

March 07, 2011, 08:33:16 AM
Reply #27

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
A good magician would wait until he has cleared the visualization and though control exercises to do the elemental meditations.

Furthermore, thought control, elemental meditation, and vital force training should be used one's entire life. You don't just stop training because you can do something cool.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

September 29, 2012, 08:35:02 PM
Reply #28

Pechato

• View Profile
Prophecy, when you say that the elemental kings are different because they have free will and can choose what they want to do, are you including the elemental rulers Bardon mentions. They don't seem like they just let the magician use them for whatever they want. I remember William Mistele writing about a magician trying to do the to Capisi and things not going so well for him. Have you had any experiences with Bardon's elemental rulers? If so, what is the relation with Levi's four kings?

May 30, 2014, 12:07:00 PM
Reply #29

Messiaen

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for the article, Prophecy. I just have a question: What would Fire of Earth be like? Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Messiaen.