Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 04:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
216113 Posts in 15390 Topics by 19885 Members - Latest Member: - PEklund Most online today: 108 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Academic Areas
| |-+  Articles
| | |-+  Psi and Mental Abilities
| | | |-+  Introduction to Kinetics
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Introduction to Kinetics  (Read 32821 times)
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to achieve awareness of the soul

Most people don't until they begin practicing an exercise like this one.  You learn it in a gradual way by obtaining feedback as you are practicing.

and can I use a psi wheel? because I may not have a candle on my room... Sad

You can use just about anything as a target (although see the warning on the use of hands), it is simply that the candle flame is presented because it is a particularly easy and ideal target to begin practicing with.  I will add a note which frequently causes me concern:  Psi is far more potent of a tool than a candle.  If you cannot handle a candle responsibly, can you handle psi responsibly?  This is something for you to reflect upon.

Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.
galeb

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 07:44:32 PM »

I am new at the form, but old and experienced at lots of things. Assuming that because someone is not allowed a candle in their room, means that they are not responsible enough to handle psi is not fair to the person. I would never allow one of my children to have a candle in their room either. Main reason is that one of the other children might barge into the room and knock it over. . Also many parents are over protective and hold back their children development in many areas.

Now about the idea that soul is responsible for all pis activity.
Impossible to prove one way or the other, but my understanding is that most of the things done function in the astral relm and can be accomplished by use of the mind (Mental relm is above the astral and so can control it and the relms below it.)  There are powers and abilities that are called sudi powers that are supposedly controlled by the soul, but requires many years of training to acquire.  The ability to kill with a word or a thought, comes to mind.
I do not see where anything more than mental activity is required. I has always worked for me.
Enneack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »

This was a very insightful article. Thank you for writing it.

I'm still not persuaded on the question of the soul's involvement though. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea how psi works, but with that I have to wonder how you could possibly know whether a "soul" (a rather loaded concept, you must admit) is integral to the process. It sounds to me like you are describing the subconscious mind.

I think it's really easy to succumb to false positives in this field. I'm completely convinced that your method works, but that doesn't mean that it is the only one that does. I can perform kinesis without really shifting the location of my perception as you put it, but rather by simply relaxing the boundaries of my mind by realizing that the separation between objects that I perceive is on one level illusory.
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »

I'm still not persuaded on the question of the soul's involvement though. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea how psi works, but with that I have to wonder how you could possibly know whether a "soul" (a rather loaded concept, you must admit) is integral to the process. It sounds to me like you are describing the subconscious mind.

Hi Enneack.  It's a complicated question in totality, but there is another article here which endeavors to explain some of the reasons why I use the term "soul", and why we can completely rule out subconscious aspects of the brain as being the primary mechanism.

qwert
Settling In

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 06:05:49 AM »

does the distance from the candle affect the ability , sitting close to a candle vs sitting far across makes any difference ?

also the candle on its own is never still , it will flicker , move towards left and right on its own so how to counteract that .. there is no windows in my room but flame doesn't stand still..
maybe its because of the breathing air that their are air currents which are effecting candle flame although i sit quite far and sometimes even wear a handkerchief mask

should i continue with flame or use ( Psi wheel + glass bowl + no hands ) ?

i don't want to mistake movement because of heat/ air current to movement caused by Psi

thanks
Rayn
Posts By Osmosis

<insert something cynical and sarcastic>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »

also the candle on its own is never still , it will flicker , move towards left and right on its own so how to counteract that .. there is no windows in my room but flame doesn't stand still..
maybe its because of the breathing air that their are air currents which are effecting candle flame although i sit quite far and sometimes even wear a handkerchief mask

Distance mechanically makes no difference.

Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »

does the distance from the candle affect the ability , sitting close to a candle vs sitting far across makes any difference ?

As far as psi is concerned, being closer or farther does not make it any easier or harder.  But being farther away IS helpful for isolating the candle from breathing.  When I first started practicing this long ago, it was generally at 10+ meters.  If you don't have this much space, this is not necessary.  But you are better off placing the candle across the room from you rather than next to you.

Aside from setting it far away, one other thing that I've found helpful is placing a candle down in a jar, just below the rim, to minimize breezes.  You can take any jar you find stable (safety first) and suitably sized, and pack baking soda (cheap, non-flammable) in the bottom to get the exact desired height inside the jar for the candle brand you like.  Then add a small amount of water to dampen the baking soda so that as it dries it will become a solid base.  Then you have a candle in a jar that gives you a fire resistant base, some breeze protection, and even a lid you can put on to store it.

qwert
Settling In

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »

thank you rayn and kobok sir
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: