Author Topic: Daily Magic Practices  (Read 47650 times)

July 20, 2014, 04:08:36 AM
Reply #30

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
If you are religious, you should make a point to set aside a part of the day, each day, to acknowledge and worship your individual godhead, should that be what your religion asks of you.  The reason for this is a matter of magical theory, which I mentioned at the beginning would not be covered in this essay; suffice it to say that it has beneficial results in your spiritual workings.  After worshipping your deity, perhaps praying for a few minutes as well, spend a proportional amount of time contemplating the nature of the deity you are acknowledging, trying to reconcile its existence within your own mind.  I have always believed that should you choose to worship an entity you should not do so blindly, but instead actually try hard to rationally prove to yourself that such an entity not only exists, but contains within its being all virtues you have associated with it.  Your god/dess should be very real to you, and not because youíve simply been told to think such. 

If you are a part of a belief system that is not necessarily religious(such as Buddhism or Daoism), then spend time contemplating the nature of your systemís beliefs, why you believe them, and what in life has suggested that those beliefs are the correct ones for your own spiritual evolution.

[Akenu's Note:] In other words: If you believe in God, try hard to reinforce that belief and if you don't believe, you should think about yourself and why you are so ignorant as not to believe in God

How you got that from the foregoing advice is beyond me. :rolleyes: The gist of it seems to be that one should always and continually critically evaluate their own religious and spiritual beliefs, which is very, very far from saying what you interpret it to imply.

You should close your day in essentially the same way you opened it, with the exception of the Divine Intervention exercise.  Watch and control your thoughts, do a little meditation, and follow through the QCL and LBRP.  When youíve finished that set, I also recommend getting in a little shielding practice by erecting a protective circle around your bed.  Be sure that the circle protects the entirety of the bed, being at least a foot away from the bed itself at any given point.  You may also want to practice setting up wards at various points in the house, particularly if youíre prone to being annoyed by various entities or energy-based disturbances at night. 

[Akenu's Note:] That would mean that you are doing LBPR wrong, because it's portion about banishing somehow doesn't banish.

Banishing and shielding are different things...?

Other than that, good commentary Akenu, I look forward to seeing more of these!
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

July 20, 2014, 04:11:06 AM
Reply #31

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Banish means to send energies away, shielding means to keep nearby energies outside your skin. License to depart is kindly asking the spirit to leave.

July 20, 2014, 12:37:07 PM
Reply #32

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
There surely be more, as soon as I finish works on the third book.

July 20, 2014, 12:57:20 PM
Reply #33

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
Banish means to send energies away, shielding means to keep nearby energies outside your skin. License to depart is kindly asking the spirit to leave.

Yes. Nevermind though.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate