Author Topic: Psychokinesis double pack (by Revelation and Aurafire)  (Read 7225 times)

August 24, 2004, 06:23:28 PM
Read 7225 times

Article

• Veritas Teacher

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Originally written by Revelation and Aurafire, with an introduction by Silverdawn.

PK Double Pack
Introduction

Psychokinesis: the movement of matter with the use of only your mind. Also known (but slightly outdated) as telekinesis, this ability may seem like a fairytale to many but is actually classified as one of the most recurring paranormal phenomena of the previous century. Because I know my collegues are going to elaborate about this skill in just a moment, I'd just like to take a moment and explain to you why I felt the need to include two articles in this same double pack.

There are quite a few methods to go about performing psychokinesis, and these articles - at a first glance - seem remarkably similar. But one purposefully tells a different story to you than the other, and you may find yourself attracted to a certain teaching style. This article will start of with Aurafire's approach to the matter, which has proven to be minimalist and therefore very open in how you interpret it. The second one by Revelation is also for those who are thirsty for more aspects and guidance. Together, however, they form the unmistakable prerequisite for starting in this field.

I myself have quite some stories and articles already, and am delighted that all my information is integrated into this great double-pack. Use it wisely, have fun, and spread your knowledge.

Silverdawn

Aurafire’s Guide to Psychokinesis

Introduction

Psychokinesis literally means mind movement, "psycho" coined from the Greek word "psyche", and kinesis refers to movement. There have been case studies done on this subject. I’d like to tell you first hand that it’s not only possible, but anyone can do it. You may be wondering why can’t I just spontaneously levitate? The answer is simple, it’s an acquired ability, it’s something you DEVELOP. There are a few very rare cases of natural psychokinetics, or people born with the obvious ability. You hear about those cases more often because most people seem to believe that either you can do it because you’re born with it, or you can’t do it at all. But you’ll learn the flaws of this belief, and learn how to disprove it with physical evidence in this guide.

Relaxation and GSR

Before practice it’s advisable to take a few minute to relax. Why is relaxation important? I’ll resolve to a more scientific viewpoint. Both the US and Russia and several other countries have done study on PK and noted that during PK the body produces energy, which makes sense because energy is ultimately required to make objects move. Also, there have been studies done on PKer’s GSR or Galvanic Skin Response, and this is the level at which your skin will allow electronic particles and energy to pass through the skin. During the experiments when a PKer entered the alpha state before practicing PK their GSR tripled or even quadrupled. Now obviously the more energy that can pass through the skin, the more energy can get to an object.

What I do to induce this is to go around my body and allow the skin to feel "relaxed, loose, and open." Your skin is usually in this state when you wake up. Especially from naps, because tension is released, and many people say they can feel their body tingling and their energy flowing more. So before you get started, take a little time to relax and prepare your body and mind for PK because here’s where you’ll find results.

Relaxation also induces synchronization between the right and left hemispheres of the brain and this may be the key to taking conscious control over poltergeisting, which I’ll go over later in this guide.

Meditation

During meditation the Yogis adopted a term for PK. The term is Siddihism, and this was meant to describe an undesirable result. The result was undesirable because it took the focus off of meditation. This happens when they would meditate on a single object. Felicia Parise, a psychokinetic who had some popular test done, said when she was working for the ability, she said to make nothing else in the world matter but that object.

With this in mind, you’ll be doing something similar. First find a small object, very very small and quite easy to move physically. I would recommend something like a paper of even better an aluminum psiwheel which you can find how to make in Revelation's article on this very page. I do, however, give Psipog full credit for the idea of the psiwheel as well. Once you find an object, meditate SOLELY on that object. Focus all of your attention directly on that object. If other thoughts come up, just let them pass. Try doing this without any preconceived notions, just focus on what you’re doing "now" if they get in the way. When you start off, don’t even worry about moving the object, just keep your focus on it. This will be a little hard at first but just give it a little practice. Move on when you feel you can control your thoughts, and can concentrate well on an object(or nothing), because you’ll need that in order to start moving the object.

Intention

The object may have moved already. Now it’s time for you to take direct control of the object. First, find out specifically what way you want the object to move. Your mind won’t move it, unless it knows HOW it’s going to be moved. Focus on the motion itself if you want to do, that would be an effective way of focusing your intention. Visualization is another way that can help you, visualize how you want it to move. Will power works too. But remember, you’re not limited to any certain ways of doing it. As long as you give it your full concentration, then you absolutely can’t go wrong.

Chanting and Psychological Blocks

Another major part of PK is removing psychological blocks. You may be good, but you won’t know how good until you removed the preconceived notions. In this state you’re more decisive, and have trouble focusing your intention. To get rid of blocks, just focus on what you want the object to do, and this would bring your mind back into the present moment. And to keep the blocks away, try chanting in your head what you want the object to do. Keep it positive and in present tense, keep the phrase short, simple and easy to understand. Most importantly, believe it’s working and set a CLEAR intention.

Practice

Practice is inevitable. It will take some time to learn how to focus, but you will only succeed if you practice. Just like anything else, practice is the backbone of development! If you have trouble finding motivation, just think of PK as something fun and relaxing. It’s also very beneficial because by giving an object your full concentration, it rests the conscious mind, and therefore reduces the amount of sleep you need. This is the same reason as of why meditators appear to not need as much sleep as most people, because they meditate and give their conscious mind a chance to rest. However, you’re also using energy that your body may need, and you’ll be more tired when you first start practice, but it will adjust in time. Also, if you’re really struggling to keep practicing, simply ask yourself, "Do I really want PK?" If not, then there has been no point in reading this article. But if you do, then you know what to do.

Progress

When you feel you have good control over an object, move onto a heavier object. This will be the heart of your progress. Keep your goals realistic, and keep yourself motivated. Take it as gradually as possible, you’ll get better in about the same rate, and you’ll have high motivation.

Precautions

If you start breaking into sweat, notice quicker breathing, feel your veins/arteries/heart pulsing heavily and feel hot, then it’s time to take a break! Get some food and water and don’t ignore it if something like this does happen in your practice. Psychokinetics have been to known to suffer heart attacks as a result of practice. All due to the fact that they ignored their body telling them to STOP! Nina Kulagina is a good example. She participated in psychokinesis experiments. She suffered a minor heart attack and quit PK practice entirely. I’m not trying to say you should be scared of practicing, but you should be aware of any signs telling you to stop. Just as if you were running a long distance and you felt like you were about to vomit. You may lose weight after some practice too, because the body may be giving off more energy than it takes in. Losing weight fast is never good, so keep this in mind as well. After some practice you might notice random objects around you moving. This is unofficially called poltergeisting. It’s simply the subconscious moving objects without conscious effort. You might notice the objects that it moves significantly larger than the ones you move with conscious effort. This is perfectly normal.

Disclaimer

I’d like to point out that I’m not responsible for any injuries or heart attack, or you name it, from doing PK. You are on your own with this. Such things are quite rare in any case.

Conclusion

PK is a pretty neat ability, and can be used practically. Have fun and practice hard!

Revelation’s Guide to Psychokinesis    

Intro  

“Wear your learning like your watch, in a private pocket, and do not pull it our and strike it merely to show that you have one. If you are asked what time it is, tell it, but do not proclaim it hourly and unasked, like the watchman.”

-Earl of Chesterfield

According to the Random House unabridged dictionary, psychokinesis, hereafter referred to as P.K., is “the purported ability to move or deform inanimate objects, as in spoons, with mental processes.” It is certainly an interesting subject, but is also, unfortunately, a subject shrouded by disinformation and misinformation; worse yet, it has also been beaten and raped by a group commonly known as DBZers (name coined from an often-favorite cartoon of this group, Dragonball Z). This group of people, often in their early teens, makes up completely frivolous methods of going about P.K. and distributes these methods online. These methods and the ideas surrounding them are known in the Online Energy Community (O.E.C.) as ‘fluff’. The techniques, which are often derived from the previously mentioned cartoon, as well as others, are placed on websites and passed off as fact. This information then draws in those new to the O.E.C. and ‘educates’ them in the completely wrong manner.

I’ve dug through a fair amount of information in my time studying psionics and now have put together an easy-to-follow guide for those new to this subject. Even those familiar with it have a good chance of finding something new here. It has been said that the greatest learning can be achieved through teaching, which I’ve found to be true due to the great amounts I’ve learned while writing this. To emulate the words of a dear friend; I am by no means an expert, simply an avid student myself. The purpose of this article is to help those new to P.K. in practicing and developing their abilities, while delving into what P.K. is and a few theories surrounding it. I am by no means writing this to prove its existence, nor am I claiming to be an expert on the subject.

P.K. is, without a doubt, appealing to many who would consider themselves outside-of-the-box thinkers. Statistically speaking, interest in psychic phenomena is shared, for the most part, by the very intelligent and very unintelligent. It seems almost fitting that such an esoteric topic would attract the outliers of society. Mastery of it, and the ramifications thereof, are quite appealing to the imaginative mind, however, once practiced it is often found that areas of study such as telepathy, remote-viewing, and astral projection (developing one’s control over out of body experiences) can prove to be far more practical. Don’t expect to be able to close doors and levitate everyday objects to the amazement of yourself and your friends. Those who manage to move an object as relatively simple and easy as the psi wheel (later explained) often do not progress any further, not because of lack of ability, but lack of constitution. As with anything, PK takes practice, often much more than the average, eager beginner would expect. You must not only develop the ability, but the mindset, which often becomes the more difficult task. Good luck.  

PK: Brief History and Theories

Now, for those who just need to know what basis this could possibly have in science, or reality for that matter; demonstrations of psychokinesis have been documented as far back as recorded history extends, though it was often wrongly interpreted as magic or witchcraft. Some of the more interesting documented cases are from the 19th century, such as D.D. Holmes who could levitate and handle hot coals without being burned. More recent occurrences include two siblings from Japan, who were able to perform various feats under the strictest of laboratory controls. Blank Polaroid pictures were placed in airtight lead containers; these young boys (both under 14 years of age) were then able to make images appear on the blanks, as well as make bends in silverware that would have required heat and/or, quite literally, tons of pounds of force. When analyzed, however, these spoons didn’t show the signs of stress that a spoon being heated or bent by brute force would show.  

Warning: The following are theories as to how PK could work from a scientific standpoint, and due to this there is a good deal of big words and scientific mumbo-jumbo. Those of you with ADD, ADHD, or simply short attention spans may want to take your meds now or skip it entirely, but that’s your prerogative (yes, that’s spelled right, I checked). I would, however, highly recommend that you don’t miss the last paragraph of this section, as it has an interesting statistic.

There are many theories surrounding why or how such feats are possible, one such theory being the existence of bioplasm, a substance that could both move objects and carry thoughts. Soviet scientists Adamenko, Inyushin, and Sergeyev were the first to come up with such an idea during experiments with subjects Nina Kulagina and Alla Vinogradova, both middle-aged housewives. While they were conducting their studies, the scientists theorized that the movement of objects in PK trials was a result of the effect the subjects mind had on the object’s electro-static charge and electromagnetic field. The biological energy produced by the test subjects was under conscious control and measured as being concentrated around the head. This energy was then focused to achieve the desired result, much like light is concentrated to make a laser, giving birth to the term ‘biolaser effect.’ Additionally, a western scientist by the name of Benson Herbert was later able to study some of Mrs. Kulagina’s abilities. After these trials, he concluded that her accomplishments were quite real, and could not be accounted for by any means other than psychokinesis.  

In the mid-70’s, an English physicist by the name of John Hasted proposed yet another theory as to how PK worked. In an experiment he conducted, several keys, with sensitive, force-detecting gauges attached were stationed in various parts of a room. Children who were allegedly able to bend things such as spoons and keys without touching them were then brought into the room. This resulted in delicate pressure variations being detected on the keys, variations that were never present when the children were not in the room. Hasted theorized that ‘force waves’ were emanating from the body of each child. He also positioned the keys in exact locations throughout the room, and based on this positioning reasoned that the waves were shaped like planes or slabs, “surfaces of action.” This plane was said to twist on occasion, appearing similar to a gymnast’s ribbon, being twirled into a tight spiral. These spirals are, Hasted hypothesized, what cause the strange twists and bends that could be created in metal objects. He also found that relaxed states of mind, bordering on the inattentive, were the best for psionic practice. These states of mind are associated with alpha brainwaves, which have been shown in other studies to have a direct correlation with the performing of psychic skills.

Movement of any physical object requires energy. This is a simple fact of physics that has been irrefutably proven. What, then, could be the source of energy for making objects (Such as, in extreme cases, things such as armchairs and tables) move without using any measurable physical means? Parapsychologists have tried to determine this, and in doing so have come up with various theories. One such theory is that the energy is taken from the heat in the subject’s environment. One researcher noted that a room temperature decrease of a single degree Celsius would provide enough energy to lift an armchair several hundred feet in the air. When I came across this fact, I was reminded of how ghost/poltergeist manifestations are often accompanied by a drop in temperature, leading to the conclusion that maybe these entities are using the heat energy to manifest themselves. Also, some have said that energy could be obtained from sound waves, explaining why some psychics claim to need music to perform their skills (though this need can also be linked to an affect the music has on brain waves). Researchers have said that the energy from sound or heat waves could be coalesced into a coherent form of energy, which then could be given direction by the subject. It has been previously theorized by some that ‘psi energy’ is a byproduct of electrical energy produced in the firing of nerve cells and other bodily functions. Perhaps psychics are merely taking this familiar and constant form of inchoate energy and concentrating it to perform a task, such as rolling a pencil. If this is true, the possibilities for a psychic who could indeed make that 1 degree Celsius decrease in temperature and use that extremely large amount of ambient energy, instead of merely using the electrical byproducts of the body, are quite nearly limitless.

Many have asked, “If things like psychokinesis are so real, then why hasn’t concrete evidence been found?” The former reason for this was that simply nobody had been able to host a controlled experiment on a massive enough level for results to be indefinitely shown. However, fairly recently the answer has been found; most either don’t know about it or refuse to acknowledge it. In December of 1989, Dean Radin of the Princeton Psychology Department and Robert Nelson of PEAR labs made an interesting publication regarding a meta-analysis of micro-P.K. (influence of consciousness on microelectronic systems) experiments in Foundations of Physics, a respected physics journal. Their analysis of micro-P.K. experiments covered 152 reports describing 235 control studies and 597 experimental studies by 68 different investigators. Through studying the collective results, they found that the overall result being a result of pure luck was 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, a seemingly conclusive find.

Watch That First Step…  

Before going any further, I must first explain the simplistic little invention known as the psi wheel. The psi wheel is, basically, a small square of paper or aluminum foil folded in such a way that it can be balanced on a pin, needle, thumbtack, etc. When balanced on the [insert choice pointy object here], this paper is then spun using PK. Follow the diagram below to make your own.

Aluminum foil can be a bit easier to spin, and heavier cardboard is another option if you’re looking for a challenge later on, but we’ll get to that towards the end of this section. You’ll also want to place a clear glass cup or jar over it to prevent the psi wheel from being affected by your breath, small convection currents caused by the heat of your hands, or any other air movement in the room. If you have trouble constructing your own, you could print this page out, cut out the square with dotted lines, fold on those dotted lines, and you have a ready-made psi wheel.

Now you’ve got the psi wheel and you’re ready to move it, but it doesn’t seem to be cooperating. This is the point where people often try and quickly give up, most often from frustration; PK may come naturally to some, but certainly not to the majority. I’ve talked to people who’ve spun their psi wheel for the first time within minutes of the initial attempt, whereas there are others who have had to practice for months, or even years before any results were seen. I’ve also spoken to people who have never been able to spin a psi wheel but are quite capable of moving pendulums (a hanging string, weighted at the bottom), among other things. Remember, belief can be one of the most important things. Maintain the proper mindset, put away all doubt, and know you will get results. To use of the one of concepts Bruce Lee applied to martial arts, “Act as if nothing particular is going on.” It has been shown by many researchers that the abilities of psychics were best when the psychic was in a fresh, relaxed state. Often, as experiments dragged on and the subjects became tired or frustrated, their failures increased. Also, these are not the only techniques out there. These are merely meant to give you a place to begin. The most effective technique for a person is often the one they develop themselves, as it is something you have developed to suit your own needs. Now, for the basics of some commonly used techniques:

Visualization: The seemingly most popular of techniques used for PK is visualization. A good imagination can be helpful, as you have to ‘see’ extensions of yourself or your energy field moving the object. Some visualize tendrils or tentacles of energy extending from their field and moving the object, some imagine a force (wind, weight, etc) pushing it, and others ‘see’ metaphysical representations or extensions of their own limbs causing the desired movement. Another method of visualization is to visualize the psi wheel spinning. In your mind’s eye, see what you want it to do and believe that it will happen. When using this method, sometimes it can help to trick your mind into thinking you saw the psi wheel move, even if it was just a bit. When this happens it can help the mind accept that it is happening, in turn helping you success with P.K.  

Tactile Visualization: This technique involves developing a ‘feel’ for the object. Focus on it, feel it’s shape and energy, until it feels as if it’s a part of you, and as such, can be moved as you would move an arm, leg, or finger. I’ve often seen the question, “I’ve developed a feel for the object, but I can’t move it. What am I doing wrong?” The simple answer to this is that you may, in fact, be doing absolutely nothing wrong. The problem that can potentially arise with tactile visualization is that your mind can make you think you have a feel for it and are a part of the object, when it’s actually just your mind assuming what it would feel like to have the object as a part of you and creating that feeling. The term “analytical overlay”, more often used in relation to remote viewing, could most likely be applied here. Basically, the left side of your brain is getting in the way, making assumptions and creating results. Another instance of this is if you are sitting or lying down with your eyes closed, focus on feeling a rocking motion, as if you were floating on gentle waves. More often than not, a person is capable of inducing this feeling even though they are obviously not rocking. If you’ve reached a point where you’re sure you can feel the object, but no matter how hard you try it just won’t move, I’d suggest trying another method.  

Sheer Will / Willpower: Probably the most self-explanatory of the five, simply use willpower to make the object move. It is often doubted that something as simple as pure willpower can actually obtain results, but it has been shown to work for some. People who have had success with this method often vary in the exact way they go about it. Some just ‘will’ the object to move. They know what they want and make it happen. Others create a feeling of urgency or a need for it to move. Others have said they even use anger as a driving force, though I doubt the effectiveness of anger in PK. As with the other methods, try out different approaches and see what works best.  

Audic Association: This was a term I created, so there’s a good chance you haven’t heard it before. However, the method itself has been around for a while. This method of performing PK uses sounds rather than feelings or visualizations. A sound, such as the ‘whooshing’ of wind past your ears, or the flowing, trickling sound of a stream is associated with the motion of the spinning psi wheel. As you try to make the wheel spin, hear the flowing water or rushing wind in your mind. These, of course, are not the only sounds that could be used. If you feel the sound of a barking dog may give you some success, give it a try. Other than the simple association purposes, the sound or imagination thereof can be used to calm the mind and relax, something shown to be helpful when attempting to perform any psychic skill. Some psychics have found it easier to function with music or white noise playing, either on a radio or headphones. Though I have not been successful with this method, it is yet another alternative for those who can’t seem to find success elsewhere.  

‘Just Do It’ Method: This method is simply knowing the desired effect and letting it/making it happen. The basis of this technique is that the majority of psionic abilities are regulated by the subconscious, so simply let the subconscious take over. Know what you want and let it happen. This is the method I’ve found the most success with. It doesn’t involve any kind of visualization or association of any kind. In fact, it doesn’t even involve thinking. The object is to completely clear the mind: no thoughts, no obstructions. This then allows the right side of the brain (the left deals with logical/linear thinking) to regulate what you’re attempting to do. This may be very difficult for some, as there are many people who simply cannot think of nothing, or have a very difficult time doing so.  

These are short, simple explanations, which were certainly not meant to be an ultimate guide. At the risk of being redundant, I’d like to again state that through my experience I’ve found that the techniques that work best are the ones that people develop for themselves. In this way, the technique is designed by you to work for you and you alone. What is effective for one person will not always be effective for another. Read these and learn from them, but do not expect to achieve results by using them verbatim. Adapt them and make them your own. If you manage to do so, and find yourself bored with your standard psi-wheel practice, move on to a bigger psi wheel. Make it out of cardboard or poster board to increase weight, and therefore difficulty. In this article, I’ve emphasized working with the psi wheel, as it is one of the easiest and most commonly known methods of practice, but if it doesn’t work for you there are other ways. Try hanging a ring, nail, or similar object from a string attached to a stationary object, then try getting this to swing back and forth using the methods you’ve practiced with the psi wheel. Maybe even levitating something like a small, down feather would be an interesting challenge. As at least one of your former or current schoolteachers has preached: your imagination is the only limitation.

All Good Things…  

This article, depending on your opinion, must come to an end, as all good things do. If you manage to succeed in your psychokinetic endeavors, congratulations. If not, keep working, practice makes perfect. For some, P.K. simply isn’t a strong point, but those people may be quite capable of telepathy, empathy, remote viewing, astral projection, cryokinetics, or pyrokinetics. Various psychic skills can be compared to basketball in the respect that not everyone will excel in them. Some will take to it with unprecedented ease and go on to be pros, while others couldn’t catch a ball if you dipped it in superglue and flung it at their face. If you hit a dead end, put it down for a while. Try something else that arouses your interest and come back to P.K. later, maybe you’ll find better results. If you just can’t seem to get it, there’s not much sense in trying to force it, as forcing often results in frustration, which never seems to help in any psychic development. Continue practice and advancement, share what you’ve learned, and if you take nothing else from this article, remember this:

“If you ever drop your keys into a pool of lava, forget about them, cuz man, they’re gone.”

- Jack Handey

Disclaimer: The methods discussed in this article have been gathered from the author’s own personal experience with psi and conversations regarding the topic with various people, as well as extensive research on and off the Internet. They cannot be and are not accredited to the author or any other single person. This article is intended for educational purposes only and is the sole property of Revelation, uber-mod of The Veritas Academy, and as such cannot be bought, sold, or traded for narcotics. All references used in creating this work have been cited and a bibliographical page is available upon request; no plagiarism was used. Also, the author is in no way encouraging the dropping of keys into lava, or the retrieval of aforementioned keys. Thank you.

This article was written by Aurafire and Revelation, with an introduction by Silverdawn.