Author Topic: The First Steps  (Read 41826 times)

August 09, 2005, 09:25:21 PM
Reply #15

block_head

• A Familiar Feature

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
The backbone of beginning magic, in my opinion.  Elementalism is the use of those energies which are associated to the four elements as recognized byPluto, which are earth, fire, air, and water.

should this be plato or am i confused

August 10, 2005, 09:23:18 AM
Reply #16

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
You are mistaken.  Pluto refers to the ruling planet, not of the Plato of philosophy.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

August 11, 2005, 08:38:56 PM
Reply #17

block_head

• A Familiar Feature

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
ok, thanks

November 16, 2005, 10:29:30 AM
Reply #18

SolidVenture

• View Profile
this is a great article Bravo!!
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

November 17, 2005, 02:58:36 PM
Reply #19

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
block_head: you got it right, actually. It should be plato instead of the pluto that prophecy accidentally wrote it as.

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

July 01, 2006, 11:01:23 AM
Reply #20

Dragón_del_abismo

• View Profile
Hi:

I want to know how many paths for a magician exist?

If I want to be a magician, can I continue studying in the University?

Thanks

October 24, 2006, 04:14:00 PM
Reply #21

Maleus

• Settling In

• View Profile
even though elementalism seems to be a good start, it all seems to have a lot of hermetic influence. and my religious point of view isn't compatible with hermetics (not that it's too important anyway, I'm very open minded), and I'd like to start with non-hermetick magicks. maybe later, when i'm more experienced, I might try hermetics for a change =)

anyways, great article =D

June 08, 2007, 06:33:48 PM
Reply #22

ameth

• View Profile
Iv'e been interested in the occult for a while, and until now have only been reading alot about it , but never actually accomplishing anything, but this has gotten me started . :) 
we live our lives a circle, and wander where we can, then after fire and wonder, we end where we began

April 11, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
Reply #23

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
The article has been heavily revised, and additional content has been added.  Some more Q&A's were also added, the explanation of each different system was expanded upon, and each system now as a "positives" and "negatives" review.

October 01, 2010, 12:44:56 PM
Reply #24

codyfromhell

• Settling In

• View Profile
Brilliant post!  :biggrin:

October 23, 2011, 09:47:47 PM
Reply #25

mesmer_14

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
WOW! Thank you for this orientation. Just what I needed.
No... I'm not 14. Never put your age in a username.

April 15, 2014, 05:19:45 AM
Reply #26

White Lily

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi Prophecy, I am new to this forum, hoping that it is never too late to ask something related to your older articles …  :)

My question would be: Is there a specific path of magic or spirituality fitting best for someone who mainly seeks to realize love in its plenty forms? By this I mean, among others, love towards all beings and realms of nature, true human love of deep compassion, confidence and faithfulness as well in a relationship as to oneself, awakening through and working in sexual alchemy, and the unconditioned love of God.

Let me shortly outline my inquiry with some personal details just to give you a little background and make it easier for you to answer. Hope this is ok … My situation is what I would call of a confused beginner. Almost 2 years ago I have been given the Pentagram rituals as a means to heal myself and thus be able to continue with my profession – assumed that any ill-being is caused by an elemental imbalance inside. While I practiced them continuously I wasn’t aware of them being a magical doing. After some time I found out what I was doing and the teacher who only shows up once a year presented himself happy about my findings, and gave me more rituals. He never says much about them, he rather lets me find out on my own.

However, the symptom which I wanted to heal initially has not changed. To be honest, I do not know where I am going with all this, and really feel I need some orientation. The teacher states that he sees some great force behind me, but I have to find out myself. So far I don’t have any idea what this might be. It has become obvious to me that I have a strong spiritual longing, but am not much interested in gaining powers. Now that I found your article, it has opened my eyes with regard to the necessity of finding out FIRST where we want to go (before we start doing anything) and then how to get there. I wonder why the teacher never told me …

Following your suggestion, I have examined my motivation and found that in the first place it is about living in harmony, real love, and union with God. I want to awaken to the true nature of self, life and death. Also, I am looking for a consolidation of equilibrium in my life, body, mind and soul, as well as some stability (meaning profession), the ability to heal myself and help others. To a magician, these may perhaps sound like very simple wishes. I feel partially drawn to and have experimented a bit with Hermetics, Quabalah, the 4 elements, Shamanism, Holy Geometry and the patterns hidden in sound/voice, as well as sexual transmutation, pranayama, mantra japa, meditation. I am not after performing miracles, wielding power, accumulating money or bewitching people. The most important thing to me is the mystery of real love and virtues connected to this. Despite much daily practice following different spiritual approaches, it sometimes really saddens me that I don’t know how to get there, or which path to consistently tread.

Anything you could recommend to me in that situation?
Would it mean I have wasted these 2 years by practicing something I had no real clue of?

Also, why are there only few women on the path of high magic and evocation/invocation?

Thank you very much for your consideration.

April 15, 2014, 11:28:17 PM
Reply #27

Nyktelios

• View Profile
You sound like the ideal student for Prophecy's school. Check out the link under his post.

April 16, 2014, 01:44:51 PM
Reply #28

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
@White Lily: Prophecy rarely visits the forums anymore, so like the person above me suggested, it would be better to contact him through his school. You can contact them here, though it may not be him who responds: http://thedivinescience.org/contact

April 16, 2014, 02:43:54 PM
Reply #29

White Lily

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thank you Nyktelios and Constructman. I will do so.