Author Topic: The Elemental Hierarchy  (Read 49109 times)

October 26, 2007, 03:52:12 PM
Reply #15

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Ah, ok I wasn't sure, but now it seems plain as day -_-. Thank you for correcting me.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

June 07, 2011, 06:36:13 PM
Reply #16

sora000

• Settling In

• View Profile
I want to know wants the different between the being of the element and the creatures of the element.Like what is the different between a Sylph and a Fairy.

June 07, 2011, 06:40:38 PM
Reply #17

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
The sylphs/undines/salamanders/gnomes are the most intelligent of the elemental creatures.

In a rough way you could see it in the same way that from a biological point of view Humans are the most intelligent animal on earth.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

July 17, 2011, 06:23:23 PM
Reply #18

shennings

• View Profile
I reviewed the older posts.  Yet I did not find anything regarding the Origin of the Elemental Kings.  Where do they derive from?

Thank you

July 18, 2011, 01:47:22 AM
Reply #19

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@shennings: Uh, man, where are you derived from?

July 18, 2011, 07:22:49 AM
Reply #20

shennings

• View Profile
@shennings: Uh, man, where are you derived from?

Okay - Maybe I asked wrong?  I am asking how they came to manifest, how they became Kings?  Where did they come from?

July 18, 2011, 03:28:58 PM
Reply #21

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
Well, I'm not an expert by any means, but wouldn't it be the same as how anyone becomes king?

I'm not talking coronation or birthright, I'm talking about how a monarchy is founded, the very root of that system.

Somewhere down the line, people decided that one person was fit to govern them because of that being superior in the ways of their society.

An elemental king would govern their sphere because they're the most typical of their element as well as the strongest manifestation of it.

The physical world is an imperfect reflection of the worlds above it, so really the origins of the kings would be similar to our own(as humans) in ways, but different in that they exist on a higher plane and existed much longer than us.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

July 18, 2011, 06:35:14 PM
Reply #22

shennings

• View Profile
Thank you so much for your input - Trying to find my way.  Do you feel that we collectively, in our world, chose them as kings through our magical works?  Or were they chosen in their own plane of existence?

July 18, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
Reply #23

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Well, I'm not an expert by any means...

Somewhere down the line, people decided that one person was fit to govern them because of that being superior in the ways of their society.

An elemental king would govern their sphere because they're the most typical of their element as well as the strongest manifestation of it.

July 18, 2011, 08:27:50 PM
Reply #24

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Another way to view it, from a pseudo-religious perspective, is to assume that the "kings/rulers/whatever" were the first aspects of each element to be created. Thus were the most pure, with everything else in that element deriving from them.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 21, 2011, 01:10:28 PM
Reply #25

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I'm going to find out for sure someday.

If I can drag myself out of my habit of having a will like the ocean (It ebbs and flows and when it decides to accomplish a task, it gets done, but outside factors determine the ultimate course of action and anything without a suitably motivating cause will have a lackluster effect.) I want to ask Paralda himself about this.

I think my mental elemental (im)balances are affecting my physical health through analogy because I've been having physical issues that match the layout my Soul Mirrors crop up for my entire life. Somehow I find myself believing (as of now, since I just now started thinking about this) that if I attain equilibrium that I may end up balancing out physically as well (because mental health does have a profound effect on physical health).

For now take this as the blathering of an particularly ambitious blind-idiot.

I'm thinking of designing a system for myself based on some stuff from Chaos Magick and the stuff I learned in the probationer's class.

I'm not going to share it all, but I'm going to utilize a method of randomization to determine my daily askesis routine and make the focus to bring myself to center. I will have 8 total routines, divided by element and attitude (Active or Passive), and let the randomization be a sort of way for the universe to pick what's best for me. In this system, passive and active take on slanted meanings. An active routine will be practice in making the elements obey me, a passive routine will be an act of devotion or servitude to an elemental sphere. All the routines will start with the basics of the probationer's class and end with a particular exercise appropriate to what is decided for that day.

I have a neat little toy (literally a piece from a game) that I saw a profound analogy in, so I'm making that the method of determining my focus for the day.

A spinner from Twister has 16 sections with 4 sets of 4 colors. A hand and a foot represent control and servitude, and each color on the twister board belongs to the traditional designations of the platonic elements in several different schools of Hermetics.

Red - Fire
Blue - Water
Green - Air
Yellow - Earth

and

Hand - Rule
Foot - Servitude

and we can further break it down into Mercy and Severity,

Left Hand- An act of Force
Right hand- An act of Aid
Left Foot- Serving a Forceful Cause
Right Foot- Serving a Benevolent Cause

to be fair, nothing will be inherently evil or selfish. I took great care to not use those words because destructive acts are not conducive to making familiars and influencing spirits (har har)

There are four elemental workings I tend to call the 4 Adorations of Chaos that I will include, but I'll re-work them to fit into the framework because these acts are supposed to be weeks or months long.

All this to get me to stop lounging around and get something done.